PDA

View Full Version : 10 Ga reloading supplies

Gunhacker
02-06-2007, 2:21 AM
Does anyone know of a souce for 10 GA reloading components & tools?

I have a Winchester 1901 lever action shotgun that I acquired a while ago and I would like to try and shoot the thing.

Given it's age, I know it probably has a shorter chamber and it would not be wise to try and fire modern 10 GA ammo.

The other thought I had is to see if a Briley 12 GA conversion tube could be fitted to it, but I bet that would take a lot of $$$$$'s

If anyone else has gone down this road already I'd be interesting in hearing what you've encountered.

Bolt2Bounce
02-08-2007, 5:01 PM
Ballistic products has all the 10 ga stuff you need, I'd say your gun is prob a 2 7/8 chambered 10 ga. You'll have to find old ammo, or load your own.
I've loaded a lot of 2 7/8 10 ga hulls on a PW press I just cut down the 3 1/2 inch hulls and load away. make sure your shotgun is nitro proofed. have fun. B2B:D

CSACANNONEER
02-08-2007, 9:44 PM
B2B,

Good to see you here! Hope to see you in April!

Gunhacker,

Sorry for the tread jack. B2B is right on with Ballistic Products! You might even try to get some paper hulls or brass cases and work up loads for each.

Sgt Raven
02-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Ballistic products has all the 10 ga stuff you need, I'd say your gun is prob a 2 7/8 chambered 10 ga. You'll have to find old ammo, or load your own.
I've loaded a lot of 2 7/8 10 ga hulls on a PW press I just cut down the 3 1/2 inch hulls and load away. make sure your shotgun is nitro proofed. have fun. B2B:D

Or just load up black powder shells for it.

Gunhacker
02-09-2007, 1:17 AM
Thanks much for the tip off to Ballisric Products. The gun is made for smokeless power, that's the main difference between the 1887 and the 1901
lever action shot guns.

Bolt2Bounce
02-09-2007, 9:26 PM
Yeah I should have said blackpowder 10 ga shells are also good... lots of cool smoke and such. I've been loading Bismuth 2 7/8 shell, I use new federal hulls cut down. I have a old 10 ga double that has to have soft bismuth shot for ducks and water fowl. I shot a double on geese last year, with my first 2 shells. I used Blue dot powder and ballistic products wads. good co... CSACANNONEER how's you als shooting? you lucky bastard....:D yeah I hope to make it to reno in April BUT we will see, its going to be a busy month with my girlfriends B day and such, now If I can get her to shoot I'd be golden....B2B