PDA

View Full Version : Sig Grips

NapaCountyShooter
10-02-2011, 6:38 PM
Picked up my first Sig a couple weeks ago, a 226 in .40. American made:eek:
Love it. Shoots great, great frame to slide fit. Love everything about it except the cheapo stock plastic grips. Does anyone make some decent grips for it that don't cost $140? Don't really care for the Hogue finger groove grips. I want something that doesn't move under pressure.

1nsanity
10-02-2011, 6:44 PM
I tend to like the feel of the factory grips and just apply some grip tape on them for a cheap fix.

erik18
10-02-2011, 6:46 PM
Get the sig e2 grips. They are fantastic.

AeroEngi
10-02-2011, 6:54 PM
I have a P220 and honestly man, the only nice grips I've found are the Hogue extreme grips. Either the aluminium or G10. Unfortunately they're over $100. I'm also interested in a nice set of grips that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Sent from my Droid phone using Tapatalk.

NapaCountyShooter
10-02-2011, 7:32 PM
I like the VZ's and aluminum grips but damn. I'll have to check out the e2's. Does anyone know if the current model 226's have the correct mainspring for the e2 conversion?

AeroEngi
10-02-2011, 8:44 PM
Ya the e2 grips are really nice. Do they make them for the P220?

KillZone45
10-02-2011, 8:50 PM
I have a 220combat in jail right now and would like to get some aftermarket grips, if VZ made ones for the 220 Id gladly pay what they want but they dont seem to make them. They need to make some though!

AeroEngi
10-02-2011, 9:21 PM
I have a 220combat in jail right now and would like to get some aftermarket grips, if VZ made ones for the 220 Id gladly pay what they want but they dont seem to make them. They need to make some though!

Let me know if you find anything. I'm also interested in getting some new grips.

davbog44
10-03-2011, 4:59 AM
I like the VZ's and aluminum grips but damn. I'll have to check out the e2's. Does anyone know if the current model 226's have the correct mainspring for the e2 conversion?

You can get the whole E2 kit here:
http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-e2-grip-kit-p226.html

More than likely you will have to change the hammer strut / seat. Easy, kitchen table work.

FWIW, you could also look around for an older set of the stock plastic grips. The newer ones just seem to be a little cheaper and tend to flex, but you'll find on older P226's and P229's with what appear to be the same grips no flexing issues.

You might also want to wander over to SIG Forum and look in the classifieds there. With a little patience you can probably find a pair or aluminum or Hogue G10's for under $100.

1nsanity
10-03-2011, 5:10 AM
If you can, try to find the old checkered style grips. Also, for the p226 some Uncle Mikes grips. You may need to do some slight shaving to fit the newer style mainspring setup with the plastic boot. As for the p220, I tend to look for the slightly thicker grips that were being used by sig before the slim grips came into vogue and became factory spec. Either way, a little grip tape and they tend to be ok for my tastes. I do have some Aluminum and G10 grips as well as some nice wood but having over ten p220 variants alone not to mention quite a few p226 and p228 variants, grips can get rather expensive hehehe.

Freq18Hz
10-03-2011, 8:06 AM
The hogue aluminum grips are the best I've found.

-Freq

MrExel17
10-03-2011, 8:33 AM
I personally like the Hogue grooved grips, not much a looker but the feel is awesome, Congrats on the SIG!

Bullwinkle
10-03-2011, 9:36 AM
I agree with you about the finger groove grips... but I have the Hogue rubber grips without the finger grooves (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=734847) on mine, and I'm very happy with them. Caveat: I have large hands, and the Hogues are thicker than the factory grips, which is one of the reasons I like them so much.

You cannot buy just the E2 grips alone--well, maybe you can, but that's not what [i]you want. It is a complete conversion kit that includes, if I'm not mistaken, a new hammer strut, mainspring, and mainspring seat along with the actual grip panels. Keep in mind that the E2 grips are still plastic, though, so if you don't like the feel of the regular grip texture, you might not like the texture of the E2 either (although I believe they are different). But, then again, you won't know what you like before you buy, unless you have access to a pistol with the grips you're interested in already installed so you can try them first. :confused:

But seriously, for $18.50, the Hogues are hard to beat in terms of what you get for what you pay.

AeroEngi
10-03-2011, 9:38 AM
The hogue aluminum grips are the best I've found.

-Freq

Do the Hogue aluminium grips wear out easily? I only ask because I've heard that they're painted and the paint comes off easily.