PDA

View Full Version : Polish PPS-43C Pistol???

2FFords
10-02-2011, 6:26 PM
Hi guys,
I found some Polish PPS-43's with collapsable stock fixed in the folded position on ClassicArms.US. :gun_bandana: Very Cool! Is there a way to bring in this pistol to the state legally? Even if I cant use it here, because I am not planning on living here forever. :banghead: I would like to have one in a "Free State" and pay my tax stamp and make it a short barreled rifle. The price is right and the ammo is affordable too, but from what I have heard from a dealer here in Fresno, it just wont happen.

Any thoughts on ownership?? :confused:

Thanks

huntercf
10-02-2011, 6:30 PM
If its a SBR I am pretty sure you can't even possess one in this state (unless it was registered before the ban). You had better double check CA laws on this one and even check with a lawyer who specializes in CA gun laws.

nrakid88
10-02-2011, 6:31 PM
Is it the one made in the Radom plant in Poland? I have read a few accounts of the firing pin breaking after about 100 rounds of use... not sure if these things were really built up to spec...

However you need a mag sled, a bullet button, and a willing FFL to get this thing into cali.

2FFords
10-02-2011, 6:43 PM
Yes it is the Random plant mfg. Thanks for the info.... It is not a SBR. I would like to make it an SBR one day, in another state far far away. It is currently classified as a pistol by the BATFE.

timdps
10-02-2011, 6:58 PM
Give Tracy Rifle and Pistol a call. They have brought quite a few of them in with CA mods.

Tim

thefinger
10-02-2011, 7:49 PM
Norse Armory in Woodland has them. They are legal. Just find a dealer that is willing to transfer it for you.

You won;t have any luck with Classic Arms. They refuse to ship to CA.

2FFords
10-02-2011, 9:14 PM
Thanks guys, I will give those recommended places a call.

To bad about ClassicArms. I was gonna drop a $3k order as soon as my raisin check came in. I guess Ill have to spend my money else were.

I appriciate all the help.

Quiet
10-03-2011, 5:52 AM
I believe WiseLite made those PPS-43C pistols from Polish parts kits & US made receiver/barrel.
The folding stock in welded to the frame, hence the reason why BATFE approved them as "handguns".

It needs to be modified as single-shot pistol in order for a non-exempt person to get one one in CA.

After DROS + 10 day wait, it can be legally modified into a fixed 10 round magazine semi-auto pistol.

timdps
10-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Wise Lite Arms may have made some PPs43 pistols, but these current guns are made at the Radom factory in Poland.

I believe WiseLite made those PPS-43C pistols from Polish parts kits & US made receiver/barrel.
The folding stock in welded to the frame, hence the reason why BATFE approved them as "handguns".

It needs to be modified as single-shot pistol in order for a non-exempt person to get one one in CA.

After DROS + 10 day wait, it can be legally modified into a fixed 10 round magazine semi-auto pistol.

Ford8N
10-03-2011, 4:59 PM
They are legal..... :shifty: :43:

....but it's hard to find surplus ammo. :banghead:

Wernher von Browning
10-03-2011, 5:43 PM
....but it's hard to find surplus ammo. :banghead:

According to Ammoseek,
http://ammoseek.com/?gun=handgun&cal=70&type=&grains=0&mfg=&keywords=&sortby=cpr
J&G has Bulgarian surplus, unknown weight, as low as 16 cents a round in large quantities.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/ammo-for-handguns/7-62x25-30-tokarev/p/7-62x25-bulgarian-fmj%2C-16-rounds-packs-/cPath/25_28/products_id/1472?osCsid=61688818bcce815c52b519022a3b5762

Ford8N
10-04-2011, 4:23 AM
According to Ammoseek,
http://ammoseek.com/?gun=handgun&cal=70&type=&grains=0&mfg=&keywords=&sortby=cpr
J&G has Bulgarian surplus, unknown weight, as low as 16 cents a round in large quantities.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/ammo-for-handguns/7-62x25-30-tokarev/p/7-62x25-bulgarian-fmj%2C-16-rounds-packs-/cPath/25_28/products_id/1472?osCsid=61688818bcce815c52b519022a3b5762

Thx

hk91666
10-04-2011, 4:51 AM
Norse Armory in Woodland has them. They are legal. Just find a dealer that is willing to transfer it for you.

I have heard Norse may have lost their license on a another thread here.

luckystrike
10-04-2011, 6:07 PM
Is it the one made in the Radom plant in Poland? I have read a few accounts of the firing pin breaking after about 100 rounds of use... not sure if these things were really built up to spec...

However you need a mag sled, a bullet button, and a willing FFL to get this thing into cali.

your signature is obnoxiously huge, thanks

You would need to remove the stock, lock the mag and single shot sled mag, prior to it coming here. biggest problem is finding an ffl that will do that and ship it

nrakid88
10-04-2011, 6:24 PM
your signature is obnoxiously huge, thanks

It's like ten times the length of this post, lol.

timdps
10-04-2011, 7:47 PM
You would need to remove the stock...

Stocks on these are fixed/welded in the closed position. They are legally pistols.

luckystrike
10-05-2011, 2:25 AM
Stocks on these are fixed/welded in the closed position. They are legally pistols.

That would make sense, but when something makes since + guns that makes me think twice. I remember someone is or was in the process of sending a Draco with a fixed closed stock to the atf tech branch to see what they said, I'd try to findout more about what the outcome of that was even tho I think you are good to go with SSE and finding an ffl

timdps
10-07-2011, 11:08 AM
ATF has already approved these guns. They would not have been imported otherwise. They are imported in their current legal configuration and have not been modified in the US.

If you are interested in one, call Tracy Rifle and Pistol. A number of my Russian reenacting friend have purchased PPs43s through them without any problems.

Tim

That would make sense, but when something makes since + guns that makes me think twice. I remember someone is or was in the process of sending a Draco with a fixed closed stock to the atf tech branch to see what they said, I'd try to findout more about what the outcome of that was even tho I think you are good to go with SSE and finding an ffl

Kampfer Lin
10-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Norse Armory has them, but there is a catch.

Go head order one from Norse Armory if you don't mind to put down a down payment and wait 2+ years. Then when you can't wait any longer, you will be charge with re-stocking fee. Hell, you will be lucky if you can even get any of your money back.

Want to see what I gone through with them on the PPS43? see https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=453242&highlight=Norse+Armory

Jimja
08-29-2013, 10:04 AM
I would like to get one of these pistols, does anyone know how to bring one into CA?

This is what I know at this point:

Norse Armory is out of business

I called Tracy Rifle and Pistol. They no longer sell these or bring them into CA because they cannot get bullet buttons for them

Called a couple of FFL's in my area (Orange County), most of the responses were that they cannot do it

OC Armory told me they can do it, but I have to find/make a bullet button for it, they are not aware of any that exist for this pistol

Anyone brought one into CA recently? Any suggestions/help?

Thanks in advance