PDA

View Full Version : IMI ammo

ghostwong
02-06-2007, 1:04 AM
Does anybody know were I can find IMI 9mm Ball submachine gun loads? I use to shot them out of my Glock. Excellent Flame trail . . . I can not seem to find them anymore local in the Los Angeles area.

TheMan
02-06-2007, 1:17 AM
Does anybody know were I can find IMI 9mm Ball submachine gun loads? I use to shot them out of my Glock. Excellent Flame trail . . . I can not seem to find them anymore local in the Los Angeles area.

Obviously you were using it, but are you certain that is safe to do over a long period? I recall seeing some 9mm SMG ammo that was supposed to be too hot of a load for use in pistols.

GTKrockeTT
02-06-2007, 10:42 AM
have you tried Martin B Reddings in Culver City? went there recently, and they had 9mm Samson (IMI). not sure if this is what you're looking for, or if they still have any in stock. but, they may be your best bet in the LA area.

ghostwong
02-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Obviously you were using it, but are you certain that is safe to do over a long period? I recall seeing some 9mm SMG ammo that was supposed to be too hot of a load for use in pistols.

Way back when . . . I spoke to a glock dealer who told me that the Glock could handle the load, not the Berreta 92F's or the sig 226's because the Glock is a very beefy gun. I only shot a few rounds of the stuff every now and then. It's more for visual effect and "Cool" I don't want my gun to explode with me holding the thing!!

ghostwong
02-06-2007, 10:55 AM
have you tried Martin B Reddings in Culver City? went there recently, and they had 9mm Samson (IMI). not sure if this is what you're looking for, or if they still have any in stock. but, they may be your best bet in the LA area.

I'm heading out that way in a few days and I'll check. Once again Thank you!!!!!!

gose
02-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I ran some of that stuff over a chrono. If I remember correctly it was a 124gr FMJ at 1300+fps out of my G17.

Didn't shoot more than the three chrono rounds for obvious reasons.

The remaining 997 rounds were fired from a K (open bolt) and the RPM was noticeably higher than with "normal" loads. It was fun though :)

http://www.bellum.nu/armoury/CGm45B-folded.jpg

CWM4A1
02-06-2007, 1:22 PM

You probably are referring to Hirtenburg SMG load that's above and beyond +P+, which was design to shoot in SMG at severely cold weather. I've seen some of those and never bother trying in my handguns.