PDA

View Full Version : Just another reminder to be safe out there

bigwhitetruck
10-02-2011, 1:16 PM
Got a email from a friend earlier today with this link in it: http://www.yourdailymedia.com/video/watch/13334/. I've never seen it before and decided to share it here. I'll apologize right now if it's a re-post. I don't think we can get enough reminders of how dangerous firearms can be.

Group 4
10-02-2011, 1:21 PM
That's gotta be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. It's hard to believe that guy was even smart enough to figure out how to wear his safety vest.

Shellshocker66
10-02-2011, 2:18 PM
Yeah the video was up last week on another post.

Still thinking this might be staged just a tad. It's pretty clear the shell is not ejected and he sticks his face over the barrel? Why not continue to try to clear the chamber in a safe direction?

bigwhitetruck
10-02-2011, 6:34 PM
I'd like to know if this is fake as well, anyone got a link?

SDRuger
10-02-2011, 8:24 PM
Dude anyone this dumb shouldnt be alive. Darwins theory is shown to be fake.

voiceofreason
10-02-2011, 8:45 PM
If real, he might possibly be one of the luckiest/dumbest people alive.

scobun
10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
That would only be more obviously fake if it was an animation done in MS Paint.

Fake to the 10th degree. If that were real, his head would have opened up like a can of chili.

Sine Metu
10-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Dude anyone this dumb shouldnt be alive. Darwins theory is shown to be fake.

Kinda reminds me of the "You! Out of the gene pool!" bumper sticker.

10-03-2011, 12:25 PM
HOLY SH*T!!! :shrug: some people will never learn....

bruceflinch
10-03-2011, 12:45 PM
D'oh!

Markus
10-03-2011, 1:16 PM
as soon as he looked down the barrel I knew there was a problem....

FatalKitty
10-03-2011, 1:47 PM
WHY would ANYONE ever think to look down the barrel in that situation? what are you going to see in there that will tell you anything you need to know? I don't get it... there is another end you can look at you see what's going on without risking blowing your brains out

CrossedRifles
10-03-2011, 2:13 PM
I thought this was going to be bloodier. :shock:

TheThousands
10-03-2011, 2:37 PM
This is fake, watch the stock of the shotgun when it "goes off" as he is looking down the barrel. Also the sound is off a bit, his hat flies off before the gun "fires".

This video has been going around the 'net for the past few weeks. I guess the message is good though, be safe with guns.

scobun
10-03-2011, 5:30 PM
This is fake, watch the stock of the shotgun when it "goes off" as he is looking down the barrel. Also the sound is off a bit, his hat flies off before the gun "fires".

This video has been going around the 'net for the past few weeks. I guess the message is good though, be safe with guns.

I don't think the message is be safe with guns. If there is a message, it is that natural selection is a real thing.

Anyone who would need to watch this to remember not to look down the barrel of a weapon might need the following reminders:

1) Don't try to eat your car muffler
2) Don't use a lathe to try and trim your fingernails
3) Don't store hot ash in your colon

Zartan
10-03-2011, 5:47 PM
I duped this a week ago :D

Glock_fanboy
10-03-2011, 6:17 PM
:facepalm:

onegtalon
10-04-2011, 1:13 AM
Dang.... just like that Top Gear eppisode where James May looked down the barrel of a shotgun "to see how it works' ???? (although it wasn't loaded but still...... )

chim-chim7
10-04-2011, 4:06 AM
Ok, he racks the action then "click" no fire, so he racks the action again and no shell comes out. Thats because there was no round in there. He pulls the trigger again and it falls on a empty chamber. Even if a supposed round was stuck in the barrel, whats with the 10 second primer delay, they either work or they don't immediately. The hammer had already dropped. There is also no recoil of the gun, and it sounds different than the other shots he took. I really hope no one believes that really happened.

jben
10-04-2011, 9:57 AM
Even if a supposed round was stuck in the barrel, whats with the 10 second primer delay, they either work or they don't immediately. The hammer had already dropped. I really hope no one believes that really happened.

You may want to Google "hang fire." It can and does happen.

FatalKitty
10-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Ok, he racks the action then "click" no fire, so he racks the action again and no shell comes out. Thats because there was no round in there. He pulls the trigger again and it falls on a empty chamber. Even if a supposed round was stuck in the barrel, whats with the 10 second primer delay, they either work or they don't immediately. The hammer had already dropped. There is also no recoil of the gun, and it sounds different than the other shots he took. I really hope no one believes that really happened.

you're right when you say it either goes boom or it doesn't
however.. it doesn't ALWAYS go boom right when you pull the trigger.
I've had a hang fire before - scary enough as it is without having to look down the barrel

jyo
10-05-2011, 1:19 AM
Hey, it works with a garden hose---right? The Three Stooges would have loved this guy!