PDA

View Full Version : Italian 92fs INOX in one needy B*%#@

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
10-01-2011, 4:00 PM
Then again, human error is a factor.

Range day on Friday. Get everything ready the night before. I keep the goodies stored dry. Day of trip I lube up the AR's and decide to bring the Beretta also.

I get to the range and break out the INOX to send some down range. That's when things go down hill. Miss feed, stove pipe, not locking back on last round. WTH, then I realize I lubed everything but the Beretta.

I just have to learn the hard way. That will not happen again.:banghead:

luckystrike
10-01-2011, 4:31 PM
Berettas really don't like to be dry. With my old one I greased everything but the locking block and plunger wich I oiled.

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
10-01-2011, 4:49 PM
Grease is my INOX's new friend. Guy at the range was using some form of grease on his 92 with no issues. I'll give it a try.

Oldnoob
10-01-2011, 4:59 PM
Interesting. Good to know I guess. I'm a cleaning freak. So all my guns are clean right after range trip and well lube even when it haven't been shot.
I'll keep that in mind for my Vertec.

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
10-01-2011, 5:16 PM
Interesting. Good to know I guess. I'm a cleaning freak. So all my guns are clean right after range trip and well lube even when it haven't been shot.
I'll keep that in mind for my Vertec.

I'm the same way when it comes to cleaning. I wanted to clean last night, but the wife doesn't like the smell of the cleaning chemicals, so I had to wait until today. I used to have some great grease from The Last Gun Shop in Napa, but I lost it somehow. It came in a plastic syringe and was a light red color. I can't recall the name of it, but that stuff worked the best.

All in all not to dirty of a range day....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/planetstation/rangeday.jpg

Oldnoob
10-01-2011, 5:18 PM
When you have chance, try Froglube. It doesn't smell like most other oil/grease. Kind of like icey hot menthol like smell.

luckystrike
10-01-2011, 8:54 PM
Yeah I use Milcomm tw25b, 800 rounds thru my 1911 and virtually 0 wear.
I have herd slideglide is good, haven't tried it yet.

Munk
10-01-2011, 9:19 PM
I tried running my beretta dry (which took some effort since my previous cleaning had left it well lubed)... and it ran just fine. I think it varies from gun to gun, but in general, they like to run wet. (or the equivalent of wet if you use a grease or lube that dries hard).

I still put a drip or so on the moving parts, but I no longer keep it swimming.

Write Winger
10-01-2011, 9:37 PM
The Beretta 92FS Inox was my first handgun 10 years ago. I remember going to the range and every single shot would jam... felt like a moron when the range master said it was dry as a bone.

It's never been allowed to go dry :D

415shooter
10-02-2011, 7:41 AM
SR-71 the grease your talking about might be Jardine's extreme. I've seen it, but never used it. It was designed by John Jardine.

gripdad
10-02-2011, 8:01 AM
Your problems sound more like a bad magazine. I bet if you try a different mag it will run fine.

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
10-02-2011, 9:49 AM
SR-71 the grease your talking about might be Jardine's extreme. I've seen it, but never used it. It was designed by John Jardine.

415 Your ROCK!!! I have been looking for that gun grease at each gun shop I visit and no one has it. I live to far away from Napa now to drive all the way over there just to get it.

Thanks bro I appreciate you naming that good stuff for me :D

DrewTheBrave
10-02-2011, 10:10 PM
It came in a plastic syringe and was a light red color. I can't recall the name of it, but that stuff worked the best.

I think you're talking about Shooter's Choice. Good stuff!

http://www.amazon.com/Shooters-Choice-Hi-Tech-Grease-Syringe/dp/B00271ESH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317622124&sr=8-1

orangeusa
10-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I typically use EEZOX on everything but the frame rails and use Tetralube (or lithium grease) on the lower frame rails. Primarily in the area where the locking block locks.. But use the lithium grease in tiny amounts. And clean up excess - or no doubt it'll end up on your hands.. :)

That 'run Berettas wet' is kind of old school. Try EEZOX - you might be surprised.

BTW - I use EEZOX for all my guns - wheelguns, rifles, or semi-autos...

BTW - I seldom clean or lube 92's after I do the above for the first time. I tear them down (just cause I can... haha) and if they look dry - primarily on the rails, I'll give it a few dots of lube...

Good luck......

MrExel17
10-03-2011, 8:38 AM
Good to know, I need a Beretta INOX!

junkit_boy
10-03-2011, 2:15 PM
I'm the same way when it comes to cleaning. I wanted to clean last night, but the wife doesn't like the smell of the cleaning chemicals, so I had to wait until today. I used to have some great grease from The Last Gun Shop in Napa, but I lost it somehow. It came in a plastic syringe and was a light red color. I can't recall the name of it, but that stuff worked the best.

All in all not to dirty of a range day....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/planetstation/rangeday.jpg

Is it called Gun Butter?

esartori
10-03-2011, 3:48 PM
I use ballistol and tetra white grease for my guns. They work great. Ballistol to clean and lube, and then grease on the rails and other high friction areas.

stormy_clothing
10-03-2011, 4:33 PM
http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

paul0660
10-03-2011, 4:43 PM
So, this was not the first time you had shot the 92?

If not, you had no problems before when greased or whatever?

Any thought on this being a service weapon that might be away from the den for a few weeks?

Glock_fanboy
10-03-2011, 4:53 PM

Same here. I even bring most of my cleaning supplies with me in my range bag just in case my P22 wants to start acting up.

just4cal
10-05-2011, 7:28 AM
Guys,

I had no idea how good this stuff is until somebody showed me one day.

It is $7 dollars at any auto parts store. When I use it on my guns it feels like there is not friction at all. There is almost no sign of use after u use this one.

I think that it makes miracles.

What do u think? Did anybody try this one before?

Red "N" Tacky - lithium grease - I just like this one because it has a higher temp.

http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=red+n+tucky#q=red+n+tacky&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=SnaMTq7-CYTY0QHMmOyIBQ&ved=0CDYQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=decf93d06fca3ec8&biw=1189&bih=488

Grumpyoldretiredcop
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Guys,

I had no idea how good this stuff is until somebody showed me one day.

It is $7 dollars at any auto parts store. When I use it on my guns it feels like there is not friction at all. There is almost no sign of use after u use this one.

I think that it makes miracles.

What do u think? Did anybody try this one before?

Red "N" Tacky - lithium grease - I just like this one because it has a higher temp.

http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=red+n+tucky#q=red+n+tacky&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=SnaMTq7-CYTY0QHMmOyIBQ&ved=0CDYQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=decf93d06fca3ec8&biw=1189&bih=488

I will admit to using your basic red lithium grease on firearms - especially WW2 rifles (Mauser, M1 Carbine and M1 Garand). Works fine.

Iggy
10-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I used to have some great grease from The Last Gun Shop in Napa, but I lost it somehow. It came in a plastic syringe and was a light red color. I can't recall the name of it, but that stuff worked the best.

I got the same stuff from Ken. Great grease! Not to thick nor clumpy.

http://www.valtrousa.com/jardinesextremegrease.html

orangeusa
10-06-2011, 6:39 PM
Standard lithium grease (Pep Boys) or $$ Tetra (same thing) work fine. They are designed for wheel bearings.

I use them on areas that get a bit of wear - locking block area, slide.

Just like everything else - use moderation.. :)

jessegpresley
10-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I wanted to clean last night, but the wife doesn't like the smell of the cleaning chemicals, so I had to wait until today.

Mpro 7 gun cleaner has *no smell*. Couple it with the light cinnamon scent of Weapon Shield as a lube/protectant and you're good to go. Don't know why anyone would use Breakfree CLP any more. And forget that baking in the oven Frog Lube business.