PDA

View Full Version : Gun shows

medium
10-01-2011, 4:03 PM
Hey there,
I was thinking about going to the Ontario gun show on Oct. 9th and I was wondering if gun shows have good deals in general.

Have you guys ever seen good deals on gun shows or the prices are similar to the gun shops?

dctex99
10-01-2011, 4:09 PM
Most importantly you see a trememdous variety!! I have been to a dozen gun shops around southern california in the last 6 months...and I saw MORE guns at the Del Mar gunshow than at all of them combined AND more variety!! From OLD to New,,from engraved, to specialty guns, rugs, a bazillion parts, lots of ammo...and it is worth the $20 for parking and admission many times over....just my opinion!!

bsg
10-01-2011, 5:07 PM
Most importantly you see a trememdous variety!! I have been to a dozen gun shops around southern california in the last 6 months...and I saw MORE guns at the Del Mar gunshow than at all of them combined AND more variety!! From OLD to New,,from engraved, to specialty guns, rugs, a bazillion parts, lots of ammo...and it is worth the $20 for parking and admission many times over....just my opinion!!

i haven't been to a show in close to a year. this one sounds interesting.

rspar
10-01-2011, 5:17 PM
I haven't been to Del Mar but Costa Mesa was much bigger than Ontario.

john.t.singh
10-01-2011, 5:42 PM

Are u trolling sir?

dctex99
10-01-2011, 5:46 PM
Are u trolling sir?

Just stating facts.....it was packed today~~ didn't see any sp101 22lr being sold;;too early for CA I guess~

john.t.singh
10-01-2011, 5:58 PM
Just stating facts.....it was packed today~~ didn't see any sp101 22lr being sold;;too early for CA I guess~

Hehe no need to shoot me angry pms. Besides I actually voted Obama if you check my older posts.
I've been to the del mar gunshow many many many times. I haven't seen any great gun deals for a long time. If you search cal guns you will find I'm not a minority opinion. The fact that you said it was worth 20 bucks was fascinating as usually the only good deals I find tend to be ammo and i have to buy enough to make it worthwhile after considering entrance and parking.

With that being said I didn't go today and my buddy is dragging me out tomorrow so I will see.

john.t.singh
10-01-2011, 6:00 PM
To clarify yes there are a lot of guns at a gun show. Are the prices great? Last few times I've gone to del mar the prices were outrageously over what you could easily get versus a good deal at a local store, at least in sd

CamW
10-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Ontario- $9 parking , $12 admission ( $11 with coupon). No powder or primers for sale ( fire dept. regulations). Less tables than Costa Mesa and more non gun items.