PDA

View Full Version : My experience with OC Armory

dllma70
10-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Back story: Some of you may know I've been looking forward to firing my PSL for a really really long time. I finally had a chance to fire it at Angeles last weekend, and the first pull of the trigger results in a run-away double fire. I'm not one for wanting the attention a burst-fire PSL brings, so I packed it up and went home very disappointed . Did a few tests at home and figured out the dis-connector wasn't working correctly. I ordered a new fire control group from RSA (pretty sweet actually). I am very mechanically inclined, but I was feeling lazy and kinda defeated after the whole experience - not to mention this is something that I want done PERFECTLY so as not to attract any handcuffs at the range.

I took it to Mike at OC Armory. It's not the first time I've been there, definitely not the last. He installed the new parts and he even had to do a little smithing to make everything fit perfectly. He spent well over an hour of his time meticulously filing and fitting. Now I have a PSL that runs flawlessly, and with excellent trigger characteristics.

I only had one problem with the whole thing. He tried to not charge me for the work he put in - chalking it up to "a learning experience". I couldn't let that go, so I bought a few things that I didn't really need, in hopes that he could make some profit off of it.

Mike is a stand-up guy, skilled gunsmith, and a hell of an asset to the world of firearms. I want to encourage all of you cal-gunners to spend your time and money there. I've been going there for various odds and ends for over a year now, and absolutely will not buy from anyone else anymore. He's earned my business for life.

+1 for OC Armory, Mike, and his crew. May you have a successful business and a happy life forever.

1911su16b870
10-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Good guys at OC Armory!

SuperSet
10-01-2011, 12:02 PM
My experience as well. They have excellent customer service there!

GMG
10-01-2011, 1:44 PM
I've a couple dealings with Mike, great guy!

zer0bot
10-01-2011, 2:07 PM
Sounds like Mike and his crew.
A + for them

naimad
10-01-2011, 3:19 PM
Mike and Pat are great guys to deal with, OC Armory is at the top of my list for gun shop's

Oceanbob
10-01-2011, 5:19 PM
I agree 100%...a perfect Gun Store...Mike and his crew are extremely helpful.

Bob :)

dadoody
10-01-2011, 5:37 PM
OC Armory is run by a good pair of guys, beardy guy 1 and Patrick. I like beardy guy 1. He has a nice beard and crazy eyes. I heard the military mapped his brain.

anyways, they can order any gun and can get them much cheaper than Turners even during a weekly Turner sale.

glbtrottr
10-01-2011, 5:53 PM
Nothing to see here, folks. It's business as usual for OC Armory.

Privately owned shop by the Penhall brothers / family; he actually quit his previous job so he could serve you better.

Where many shops run away from Evil Black Rifles (like OnTarget, who Mike uses for a range), Mike takes those tasks face on.

Moreover, given our ridiculous gun laws, Mike and Patrick are but one of a couple of shops that sells or manufactures AOW's. Serbu shottys, Saiga pistols, and while I am not one to *JUDGE* :) anyone who sells AOW's, chances are Mike either manufactures and / or sells them.

I prefer to spend my money at OC Armory over any other firearm store in Southern California....and you should too.

GlennG31
10-01-2011, 6:53 PM
Another +1 from me for Mike and the rest of the gang at OC Armory! I've had flawless transactions there in the past. I'm lucky that their shop is only a block away from my office, but it just makes it that much harder to resist hopping over there on my lunch breaks!

beerup949
10-01-2011, 8:19 PM
OC Armory is the bomb

gunsmithcats
10-02-2011, 12:14 AM
OCarmory makes me poor. THeir prices are too good and I go broke everytime I go there, whether is having them do a transfer or buying class 3 stuff.
Mike and Pat for OC Board of directors!!!

hefedehefe
10-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Yeah, they are cool. I think i saw you leaving. I think u told me to check out your new rifle. Was that you? Nice rifle

OC-Indian
10-02-2011, 12:22 AM
OC Armory = +1000

But I do have to wait until Tues to pick up my PLR16

m24armorer
10-02-2011, 1:08 AM
OC Armory=Best in SOCAL.

voiceofreason
10-02-2011, 7:19 AM
I've been in a few times. Their selection is limited as a small shop, but they carry good stuff. Their customer service isn't always with a smile, BUT they will show you what you want to see, answer all your questions, and send you in a direction if they can't help you.

One of my favorite shops in the SoCal are. I sincerely hope they grow and keep up the good work. They're the only shop I know in the SoCal area that carries the Ares sling.

One of the shops I regularly recommend to people in and close to OC.

bsg
10-02-2011, 10:27 AM
never been there... but i will stop in.