View Full Version : PPT transfer of hangun not registered in cali - No Problem

09-30-2011, 4:31 PM
hey guys, i was wondering what the procedure would be for transfering a handgun (PPT) that was brought from another state but was never registered in california? do i need to register it in cali first and then do the PPT? or can it go straight to PPT?

Edited the title so maybe folks can find the thread - this is an FAQ.

See also the wiki article on registration -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Firearms_registration

// Librarian

09-30-2011, 4:38 PM
If you're a legal resident with a CDL you can PPT the weapon without problems. Make sure the person you're transfering to has a HSC card and two forms of ID that prove his address.

Be well, Bob

09-30-2011, 4:55 PM
thanks for the quick reply bob