PDA

View Full Version : Why do you need a gun to buy a burger

radioman
09-30-2011, 1:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

This made me sick, read it, print it and give it to any one that's anti gun.

GaryV
09-30-2011, 2:13 PM
Why do I need to buy one? Can't I just pick my own? ;)

tiki
09-30-2011, 2:13 PM
What the hell is a buger?

Jason P
09-30-2011, 2:28 PM
In case the burger is served by a zombie...

I agree with the courts ruling however. People need to be responsible for their own defense.

What I don't agree with is the asinine regulations that prevented these young ladies from sending these guys to an early dirtnap... EIther way, somethings got to give eventually.

radioman
09-30-2011, 2:38 PM
In case the burger is served by a zombie...

I agree with the courts ruling however. People need to be responsible for their own defense.

What I don't agree with is the asinine regulations that prevented these young ladies from sending these guys to an early dirtnap... EIther way, somethings got to give eventually.

But what is it we are told, you don't need a gun call 911. I think the more people that know the truth the more they are apt to see our point and why gun control does not help a thing.

The Shadow
09-30-2011, 2:38 PM

Actually it's this.

On July 18, 1984, James Oliver Huberty opened fire in a San Ysidro McDonald's restaurant, killing 21 people and injuring 19 others before he was slain by a police sharpshooter. At the time, it was the largest massacre in the United States.

Huberty, a 41-year-old unemployed security guard dressed in camouflage fatigue pants, walked into the restaurant armed with an Uzi semiautomatic rifle, a shotgun and a pistol and started shooting.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/san-ysidro-massacre/

I would bet any amount of money that the casualties would have been much smaller had someone carried while buying a cheeseburger. So much for Portantino's ignorant quip.

stix213
09-30-2011, 3:00 PM
You almost never need a gun to buy a burger....

almost never

Rock6.3
09-30-2011, 3:17 PM
You almost never need a gun to buy a burger....

almost never

For that matter you never need a gun, until you need a gun.

But I never need a fireman until I need a fireman either, but I want one on duty in my neighborhood at all times.....

And I never need my car, until I need my car. Good thing its available when needed. Likewise my gun will be available when needed.

redking
09-30-2011, 3:25 PM

the police do not have a legal responsibility to provide personal protection to individuals

obviously the only reason police exist is to police people.

Police state

I can't read the entire article after the summary, it makes me too sick.

POLICESTATE
09-30-2011, 3:32 PM
the police do not have a legal responsibility to provide personal protection to individuals

Police state

Even if they did have a legal responsibility to protect individuals they wouldn't have the capability. They are there to enforce the law. Unfortunately we are starting to get laws more and more akin to a totalitarian state.

Josh3239
09-30-2011, 3:55 PM
Yep that is a terrible case and one of the many that just go to show that Law Enforcement is not required to protect you and bears no responsibility for your well-being.

Wherryj
09-30-2011, 4:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald%27s_massacre

In case THIS guy is also buying a burger?

Ubermcoupe
09-30-2011, 5:57 PM
Why do I need a gun to buy a burger?

Because I want one.

Don29palms
09-30-2011, 6:04 PM
A better question would be "Why do legislators keep passing unconstitutional laws?" or "Why do people keep voting these azzhats into office?"

yellowfin
09-30-2011, 6:40 PM
Why do I need a gun to go buy a burger? Because American freedom makes everything taste better.

billybob_jcv
09-30-2011, 6:49 PM
Even if they did have a legal responsibility to protect individuals they wouldn't have the capability. They are there to enforce the law. Unfortunately we are starting to get laws more and more akin to a totalitarian state.

Of course, all of the biggest VIPs are either wealthy enough to hire their own private personal security, or they are provided personal security using my tax dollars. It's only the common plebs (like us) that are forced to defend themselves.

MrExel17
09-30-2011, 9:24 PM
I agree with OP, also read the summary and that was enough! Thanks for sharing will defiantly pass it along!

WDE91
09-30-2011, 10:57 PM
but but just the police need guns
handguns and assault rifles are scary
the police will protect us
guns are scary
this doesnt happen in my neighborhood
the world is full of good people

typical thinking of a progressive,brady supporting,drives a prius *****

billybob_jcv
09-30-2011, 11:06 PM
If the government cannot be held liable for negligence, when they have clearly made a mistake then why do we hold individuals and companies liable for negligence??? If I can't tell the government that I do not wish to pay taxes because of inadequate service, then shouldn't I be able to hold them to a reasonable level of competence?? I do understand the legal concept of "Sovereign Immunity" - I just think it sucks! :)

safewaysecurity
09-30-2011, 11:09 PM
I actually had a burger right before I bought my first gun. I need a burger to buy a gun.

greasemonkey
10-01-2011, 7:26 AM
I actually had a burger right before I bought my first gun. I need a burger to buy a gun.

Seriously, how much does it suck going through all the paperwork if you're hungry?!

As for needing a gun to buy a burger, no one does, their just needs to be a gun present to stop a deranged murderer. I don't know this for sure but I bet some folks from Lubys Diner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre), Dennys (http://news.google.com/news/story?hl=en&safe=off&q=denny's+killing&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=955&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dQy3fmbHqF4o61M&ei=gC-HTsXyGMfkiAK9-bGhDA&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQqgIwAA) or IHOP (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/07/gunman-kills-three-national-guard-members-one-other-in-shooting-rampage-at/) would probably have some feedback on things like necessity and desperation...the ones that survived, anyway. But that may be where we've all gone wrong, we apparently don't need a gun to buy a burger but to buy pancakes.

Kid Stanislaus
10-01-2011, 8:30 AM
You need a gun to buy a burger because they may not like your looks and refuse to serve you?:D

Kid Stanislaus
10-01-2011, 8:31 AM
What the hell is a buger?

That's one of those big gooey things you dig out of your nose!:eek:

Kid Stanislaus
10-01-2011, 8:33 AM

Heller changed all that. Today the bunch would be toast. ;)

Bruce
10-01-2011, 8:38 AM
"Why do you need a gun to buy a burger?"

How soon we forget the San Ysidro McDonald's incident.

compulsivegunbuyer
10-01-2011, 9:08 AM
The police are almost never there to stop a crime in progress. They are there to mop up the mess, and arrest the victim.

speeder
10-01-2011, 10:30 AM
The best Police investigations are done when the bad guy is still at scene.

At scene "resting under a white sheet with no pulse,"

The victom standing by,

and only a "one sided story" to told.

Brianguy
10-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I need my gun before going anywhere because the ATF is equipping cartels with .50 cal machine guns:36:

Decoligny
10-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Police state

The only purpose the police serve is to investigate crimes THAT HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED, and then to try to catch the criminal who committed the crime.

They are a reactive force, not even that much of a deterent.

They do not "protect us" from anything. They draw the chalk outline and try to catch your killer.

We are each responsible for the protection of our own lives and the lives of our loved ones.

Quser.619
10-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Well because the bazooka takes up the other seat.

greasemonkey
10-01-2011, 1:03 PM
The only purpose the police serve is to investigate crimes THAT HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED, and then to try to catch the criminal who committed the crime.

They are a reactive force, not even that much of a deterent.

They do not "protect us" from anything. They draw the chalk outline and try to catch your killer.

We are each responsible for the protection of our own lives and the lives of our loved ones.

But...but...it says "protect and serve" on their patrol cars!!

Lostsheep
10-01-2011, 1:39 PM
Why do you need a gun to buy a burger? In William Fosters case, because it was 10:33 AM.

http://bprops.org/gallery2/d/704-2/fallingdown_burger2.jpg

Bhobbs
10-01-2011, 2:32 PM
But...but...it says "protect and serve" on their patrol cars!!

They do that to give you a false sense of security while telling you that you don't need guns to protect yourself and if you do try to use them it will do more harm than good. You are also more likely to kill little Timmy than the intruder.

greasemonkey
10-01-2011, 2:57 PM
They do that to give you a false sense of security while telling you that you don't need guns to protect yourself and if you do try to use them it will do more harm than good. You are also more likely to kill little Timmy than the intruder.

I failed when I second-guessed myself and didn't put a smiley to communicate the tongue-in-cheek nature of my comment, my bad.

Bhobbs
10-01-2011, 2:58 PM
I failed when I second-guessed myself and didn't put a smiley to communicate the tongue-in-cheek nature of my comment, my bad.

I knew it was tongue-in-cheek.

Ubermcoupe
10-01-2011, 6:51 PM
Why do you need a gun to buy a burger? In William Fosters case, because it was 10:33 AM.

http://bprops.org/gallery2/d/704-2/fallingdown_burger2.jpg

Love that movie. :thumbsup:

nicki
10-02-2011, 3:31 PM
San Ysidro 1984, MacDonalds, Massacre, police took 77 minutes to respond.:facepalm:

Nicki

billybob_jcv
10-02-2011, 3:40 PM
Love that movie. :thumbsup:

As an ex-aerospace engineer, that movie hits a little too close to home for me... :p

Tarn_Helm
10-03-2011, 5:23 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald%27s_massacre

In case THIS guy is also buying a burger?

Damn.

What a nutball in the San Ysidro McDonalds massacre!

The incompetence of the mental health worker who spelled "Huberty" as "Shouberty" is chilling and astounding.

But the mistake which occurred between the witness who reported him and the dispatcher is the one point at which, maybe, just maybe, something could have been done to prevent the incident.

Bizarre.

Now I know why I need an Uzi when I step out to buy a burger.

(Why does the OP give the wrong case? The case he cited is emblematic of the failure of DC gun control laws, but it has nothing to do with buying burgers.)

big red
10-03-2011, 10:20 AM
If the American public does not want to become cannon fodder like the innocent Mexicans in Mexico caught in the drug wars then they better start taking a more pro-active role in their own defense both against criminals and the government. There are so many murders committed today that few are being solved due to the overload. Police do not protect. The cops enforce laws on honest citizens because criminals do not pay attention to the law and it is much easier to catch an honest citizen making an honest mistake than a criminal trying to avoid capture. YOU are responsible for your own safety.

cb006
10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
What about the people buying burgers at In-N-Out today (http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2011/10/04/in-n-out-and-gone-police-hunt-robber/?tsp=1)?

Milsurp Collector
10-04-2011, 2:44 PM
"As I’ve said before, it doesn’t take a hand gun to buy a cheeseburger".
Assemblymember Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge)

chMztnH3iz0