PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 925r questions

1nsanity
09-30-2011, 1:56 PM
So did the dros for a new Henry Lever action 22lr at this one shop earlier today and happened on a Marlin 925r scoped model in pretty nice condition on consignment for $120 with 2 mags. Is this a pretty decent deal? Later on, if I decide to fine tune the Marlin with certain upgrades, how is the after market support for these such as trigger upgrades, barrels, stocks, etc...?

rsrocket1
09-30-2011, 2:15 PM
Decent price if the gun is in "like new" condition.
First upgrade is to do the "ball point pen spring trick". That's all I did and it reduced the trigger pull way down and really helped turn an already accurate gun into a "surgical instrument".

It might be a good idea to locktite the trigger housing screw in, otherwise if it works loose, you won't be able to shoot (dead trigger). It's nothing fatal, just take off the stock and tighten it up again. The 925 is about as accurate as you can get for a $150 gun and a lot of fun to shoot.

1nsanity
10-01-2011, 3:00 PM
Thanks a lot for your input. I'm still debating which route to go with a bolt action 22lr. Debating if I should get a starter that I can build up slowly or go for a mid/ high end range bolt rifle.

Izzy43
10-01-2011, 4:53 PM
The Marlin 925 is a solid, accurate shooter. I have it in .22WMR and its a great shooter. Upgrades are available to make it even better. The best upgrade is a RifleBasix trigger ($100) which replaces the stock trigger and is adjustable down to about 1 lb with no creep. Also Boydsgunstocks.com has after market stocks ($100) for it.

The micro-groove barrel in the Marlins are some of the best barrels and very accurate.

1nsanity
10-02-2011, 7:37 PM
Decisions, decisions... Looks like I may go with the 10/22 first and possibly look into a savage bolt rifle. Although only $120ish if still on consignment... Should have just stayed with 22lr revolvers only...

Caseless
10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I use mine at the 200 yards range only nowadays. It's boring to perforate the bulls eye at the 100-yd range all day long.:)

Trigger kit is available for under $20 shipped.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=248005570

1nsanity
10-05-2011, 3:31 PM
I’m actually closing in on a ppt deal for a Savage Mark II BV with upgraded Rifle Basic Trigger upgrade for $215 from the market place forum instead. I almost dropped on the 925r though. If still on consignment at the end of the month may just pick it up anyway. Wasn’t into the 22lr craze except for 22lr/ 22mag pre lock Smith wheel guns but ever since investing in a AA 22lr kit for my Glocks and Sig 22lr kit for my p220s, been hooked. Damn 22lr bug finally bit me. Well, at least cheaper then when I was collecting p220 variants (still am to a degree) and K frame prelock S&Ws, at least, so far…