PDA

View Full Version : Sad... San Bernardino-area gun collector kills himself after CA AW charges...

bwiese
09-30-2011, 12:27 PM
http://www.mountain-news.com/news/article_a5e490da-eaab-11e0-bedb-001cc4c002e0.html

The guy got himself in hot water on a few items but he'd be perfectly legal in NV, OR, AZ or 43 or so other free states.

And we'll be taking down one of the laws he was charged with.

Now, all that being said, I somehow don't think this individual was part of the gunrights community. There may have
been a chance that his guns could have been OLL'd, or that he'd understand that certain ammo types were not to be
possessed in CA.

Randall Jay Rusciolelli, 47, sent a typewritten letter announcing his intentions to The Mountain News shortly before shooting himself in the head on Sept. 19. The letter said he intended to kill himself while seated "under my favorite tree."

Rusciolelli's letter said he was "a collector of fine firearms both military and commercial." He placed the value of his collection at $283,000.The envelope which held his letter also contained a photocopy of what purported to be a temporary permit for one assault weapon, issued Dec. 9, 1990, by then-Attorney General John K. Van De Kamp.
Rusciolelli denied the threat charge and said it was made by an ex-girlfriend who had called him "at all hours of the day and night" after their breakup.

"I am not a survivalist, paramilitarist, nor a right or left-winger," his letter said. "I am an American citizen who loves to go into the desert to shoot rifles, pistols and shotguns.

"My guns have never killed any living thing, and in my 31 years of target shooting no harm has ever been inflicted upon any beings," he wrote. ...... "This is not a reckless act," he said of his impending suicide, "as the bullet may lodge in the tree bark if it exits my scull (sic)...... We Americans are losing too many of our rights under the guides (sic) of terrorism laws," he wrote.

After noting that, if convicted, he could expect to spend from one to six years in prison, Rusciolelli typed an apology to all his friends.

"But I cannot handle that I am now penniless, homeless and about to lose my freedom over my zealous collecting," he wrote. "Thank you for all the times we had. It is better to die a free and armed man than a broke, imprisoned and unarmed one."

goodlookin1
09-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Wow, that is very sad. It is criminal what this state is doing.

But life is not more important than gun ownership. Do we not insist on owning arms to DEFEND life??? Killing himself was not the honorable thing to do, IMHO. The honorable thing to do would have been following the law or move to a state where his hobbies are legal.

Untamed1972
09-30-2011, 12:32 PM
"But I cannot handle that I am now penniless, homeless and about to lose my freedom over my zealous collecting," he wrote. "Thank you for all the times we had. It is better to die a free and armed man than a broke, imprisoned and unarmed one."

Sad indeed that it had to come to that for a man who harmed no one....in a country with a guarantee of the right keep and bear arms. :(

In some manner of speaking....I cant say that I disagree with his sentiment in bold.

bden
09-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow. What a powerful letter and sad story. RIP.

mag360
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM
I can't even put into words how awful this is. Senators Roberti and Roos are responsible for this.

someone can likely edit the wikipedia page to reflect this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberti-Roos_Assault_Weapons_Control_Act_of_1989

CCWFacts
09-30-2011, 12:43 PM
That is so sad. Our legislators who are responsible should be feeling remorse, but they are not. I'm sure they are pleased to have one less pro-freedom voter in the state, and they got his guns off the street.

Rock6.3
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Read the expanded comments on the linked website from the first post in this thread. They contain the full text of the letter that this collector sent to the newspaper. The online version printed by the paper is not the full letter and does not give the full picture of what took place.

mag360
09-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Here is the full letter that the paper did not publish.

From Randy Rusciolelli
Journey Man Plumbing

An open letter to the Mountain Communities

I was a collector of fine firearms both military and commercial. The actual value of the firearms and ammo taken from me was $283,000.00. The terrorist threat charge was made against me by a girl I broke up with over 4 months ago. She had called at all hours of the day and night and the Sheriff’s have the evidence in both our phone records. I called for help over 3 different months to no avail. Recently she broke into my house through a dog door and changed my email password and stole several items of mine. I never threatened her life and had only called her 2 times in the last 3-4 months. To her ever increasing attacks on me, all I can say to the Sheriff’s is “Total shame on you”.

When I was arrested, they had already possessed both our phone records and recordings of my alleged threats and no corroborating witnesses. The explosive charges against me are for possessing more than 1 pound of sporting (Goex) black powder, possessing military tracer rounds illegal in California, but legal in Arizona, Nevada and other states, and for a destructive device that is a $250.00 black powder golf ball commercially manufactured and clearly stamped for “Black Powder Only” with a fuse hole in the base.

I possess only 1 California Assault weapons license that was issued to me in 1990. Notice that the enclosed license is marked temporary as no permanent one was ever issued. I can only fire one rifle at a time but regardless, they discovered an additional 5 banned rifles without permits.

In 47 years, I have absolutely no criminal or civil record. My bail was set at half a million dollars and most likely will be raised to 1.5 million in my next court appearance. I am not a survivalist, paramilitarist, nor a right or left-winger. I am an American citizen who loves to go into the desert to shoot rifles, pistols and shot guns. I wished I could have had a 155mm Howister canon too, but I did not. My guns have never killed any living thing, and in my 31 years of target shooting, no harm has ever been inflicted upon any beings.

I read the articles about my arrest, and I am astounded by the fact that these officers lied about how they even came to arrest me. Please re-read the articles again.

I found out this 47 year old girlfriend has a history of attacking and suing her last 3 boyfriends. This is a fact that I have found out too late. The police have recording of her on tape admitting to have broken into my house. During the breach, she managed to open my computer and proceeded to change my email, passwords and other devious things.

I have owned my house on Firwood drive in Running Springs for 20 years, and in one day I lost my house, closed my business and had every item taken from me of significant value that I had collected over the span of my lifetime. I spent 6 days in jail and after posting bail of $500,000.00, I got out and spent time with my parents, family, and my dog. Within days of this, I had to go back to court and the judge immediately issued a criminal restraining order against me. “Amazing”!

I cannot let my freedom be placed in control by our present justice system. I have consulted with many top lawyers, and all advised me that 10 years ago, this search warrant would have been illegal; not anymore.
We Americans are losing too many of our rights under the guides of terrorism laws. The bottom line is that the above stated violations will result in a 6 year stay in state prison with the lowest end being a 1 year term with felony conviction. I apologize to all that know me, but I cannot handle that I am now penniless, homeless and about to lose my freedom over my zealous collecting. Thank you for all the times we had. It is better to die a free and armed man than a broke, imprisoned and un-armed one.

mag360
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
if this was a poor guy in Watts that had his (insert here) collection wrongfully taken by police people would be rioting.

SuperSet
09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Terrible story. It sounds like his crazy GF made his life hell. Hope all you guys are paying attention and being smart about your relationships.

The Shadow
09-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I can't even put into words how awful this is. Senators Roberti and Roos are responsible for this.

They are the catalyst, not the cause. I won't go into my opinion on this, he's dead, and nothing I say can change that. The fact that we have these tin horn dictators running our state is something that we have to double our efforts on to get rid of.

I recently had another epiphany into the mind of liberals. To put it simply and in a way that a liberal explained it to me, they want to live in blissful ignorance, and believe in unicorns, rainbows, and cupcakes. Forcing them to face reality takes them out of their fantasy world, and that's why they get so pissed off and go into a name calling tirade. They don't really care about politics, they only care about the feel good words they hear from liars that pump sunshine up their collective *sses, by telling them that they can have more unicorns, rainbows, and cupcakes.

This s**t has to end quickly, and trying to change the liberal mind to do it is simply an exercise in futility.

glbtrottr
09-30-2011, 12:58 PM
This...sucks.

Roberti Roos, Law Enforcement, and voters are all guilty in this. The man may have chosen to look at a permanent solution to a short term problem, and that's on him - but the deplorable conditions that led to it are disgusting.

Shame on all.

Crom
09-30-2011, 1:00 PM
Speechless!

Paradiddle
09-30-2011, 1:00 PM
WOW.

ArkinDomino
09-30-2011, 1:01 PM
This is tragic. :(

GettoPhilosopher
09-30-2011, 1:06 PM
They are the catalyst, not the cause. I won't go into my opinion on this, he's dead, and nothing I say can change that. The fact that we have these tin horn dictators running our state is something that we have to double our efforts on to get rid of.

I recently had another epiphany into the mind of liberals. To put it simply and in a way that a liberal explained it to me, they want to live in blissful ignorance, and believe in unicorns, rainbows, and cupcakes. Forcing them to face reality takes them out of their fantasy world, and that's why they get so pissed off and go into a name calling tirade. They don't really care about politics, they only care about the feel good words they hear from liars that pump sunshine up their collective *sses, by telling them that they can have more unicorns, rainbows, and cupcakes.

This s**t has to end quickly, and trying to change the liberal mind to do it is simply an exercise in futility.

That's funny...I'm fairly liberal in many issues, and I'm more than well aware of how gritty and violent the world is. Disarmers come from both parties.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

yellowfin
09-30-2011, 1:07 PM
Our legislators who are responsible should be feeling remorse, but they are not.In their sick subhuman minds or perhaps even out loud they're probably saying "Goody! It's working!" :mad:

NoJoke
09-30-2011, 1:10 PM
They won. Sad.

Ya need to stay alive to fight for the rights of our kids....never forget. Our forefathers didn't. :usa:

redking
09-30-2011, 1:11 PM
The honorable thing to do would be to revolt.

The shot heard around the world?

It wasn't someone killing themselves.

barracudamuscle
09-30-2011, 1:13 PM
Sad, may he rest in peace.

lawaia
09-30-2011, 1:15 PM
Terrible tragedy.

RMP91
09-30-2011, 1:17 PM

I do not think that would fly far in this day and age, as much as I agree with you on that. I remember a clause in the 2nd Amendment that allowed us to revolt against tyranny, and it's starting to look more and more like tyranny with each passing day...

They'll end up killing him in "Self-Defense" and claim it was an act of terrorism by "revolting".

But beside that...

This is a consequence of such restrictive gun laws. They only tie the hands of the law-abiding, while cutting loose the hands of the law-less.

RIP

Levetti
09-30-2011, 1:27 PM
Very sad story, RIP.

jaq
09-30-2011, 1:31 PM
RIP.

He was one of us. That could be any of us.

Peachdog
09-30-2011, 1:37 PM
The terrible fact is that good men have so much to lose. Both tyrants and con-artists know this and take advantage of it. I wonder if they can slam that female-type (certainly not a human woman that's for sure) with anything. Really, all of this wouldn't have happened if it was not for her insanity.

I hope the day soon comes when good people can have retribution most deserved.

NoJoke
09-30-2011, 1:37 PM
I do not think that would fly far in this day and age, as much as I agree with you on that....

Again, they win.

We've been brain washed.

Would we ever be here discussing this on the innerweb if our forefathers were as weak as we've been led to believe today?

Really?

Wow.

Depressing, you almost make it sound like we should all find a tree....

Boot straps, use 'em! :chris:

5thgen4runner
09-30-2011, 1:44 PM
again... when will the time come because if only a few stand up we will get demolished.

jdberger
09-30-2011, 1:44 PM
Tragic.

RazzB7
09-30-2011, 1:50 PM

Yeah...then we would be reading about how the "paramilitary survivalist out on bail for assault weapons charges goes crazy".

It's sad, but he was in a no-win situation. He was probably right, things were going to get worse for him.

I definitely don't think suicide was the solution, but a "revolt" would have been bad and just added fuel to the anti's fire.

scarville
09-30-2011, 1:52 PM
The intent of all gun laws is to kill gun owners. One way or another.

Dark Paladin
09-30-2011, 1:53 PM
http://www.mountain-news.com/news/article_a5e490da-eaab-11e0-bedb-001cc4c002e0.html

The guy got himself in hot water on a few items but he'd be perfectly legal in NV, OR, AZ or 43 or so other free states.

If there ever was a sign that what we (C3 grassroot efforts, CGF, CRPA, NRA) are doing is trying to save lives, this should be a powerful reminder to us all.

mag360
09-30-2011, 1:56 PM
Does anyone have a possibility of getting in touch with his family? Can we at least have a donation for funding a proper burial for this guy?

SanPedroShooter
09-30-2011, 2:05 PM
My biggest fear is being murdered by police in a raid on my house, similar to one that this guy got caught up in. I never gave much thought to the aftermath if I survived....

I think if you are really into gun collecting like this guy was, you'd be well served to leave this state.

nicki
09-30-2011, 2:08 PM
Perhaps we should have our version of a "Candlelight vigil" at where he ended his life and if he has anyone around him who has standing, file a "civil rights" lawsuit for surviving family members.

If people are commiting suicide because of unconstitutional laws, I hope there are some forms of redress. If there are not, we need to change this.

Gun rights are Civil rights.

Nicki

oni.dori
09-30-2011, 2:09 PM
Wow, that is very sad. It is criminal what this state is doing.

But life is not more important than gun ownership. Do we not insist on owning arms to DEFEND life??? Killing himself was not the honorable thing to do, IMHO. The honorable thing to do would have been following the law or move to a state where his hobbies are legal.

I completely agree. I think CA should be charged with involuntary manslaughter, or accessory to murder at the very least; since their unjust law directly resulted in this.

mag360
09-30-2011, 2:09 PM
Perhaps we should have our version of a "Candlelight vigil" at where he ended his life and if he has anyone around him who has standing, file a "civil rights" lawsuit for surviving family members.

If people are commiting suicide because of unconstitutional laws, I hope there are some forms of redress. If there are not, we need to change this.

Nicki

this. socal brothers, can you get something started?

Slim///
09-30-2011, 2:12 PM
Words cant describe how i feel about this :(

SanPedroShooter

Nicki

What a great idea. I will show up for sure. We need to organize something.

morfeeis

Now, all that being said, I somehow don't think this individual was part of the gunrights community. There may have
been a chance that his guns could have been OLL'd, or that he'd understand that certain ammo types were not to be
possessed in CA.
painful to read, poor guy.....

chead
09-30-2011, 2:18 PM
if this was a poor guy in Watts that had his (insert here) collection wrongfully taken by police people would be rioting.

.. what does this even mean?

Madpyro
09-30-2011, 2:19 PM
This is horrible! R.I.P.

socalocalypse
09-30-2011, 2:19 PM
Man, I don't know the other side to the story, and I don't support what he did as it hurt all those who loved him and those he could've helped in the future.
That said, he sure makes a good case in that letter.

Its a good example of how vigilant we need to be to abide by laws even if we believe they're unjust, or be willing to accept the consequences.

I'm a white conservative gun owner christian male, so obviously I'm a terrorist and need to be crushed at any opportunity. That's what I assume, and make sure I don't give them anything they can use against me.

At least they'll have to try a little harder to come up with an excuse to jail and bankrupt me.

OC-Indian
09-30-2011, 2:21 PM

Nicki

I'm in. When and where?

paul0660
09-30-2011, 2:23 PM
This guy was either bat guano crazy, or had other issues, to do this. There was no reason to lose a home of 20 years unless, in that time, he had refinanced it to the hilt (maybe to buy guns). There was sure as heck no reason to kill himself. Sad, avoidable, and blameable, but the blame for his suicide does not start with bad laws.

I missed the relevance and truth of this, try again.

blazeaglory
09-30-2011, 2:23 PM
I think if you are really into gun collecting like this guy was, you'd be well served to leave this state.

Exactly! But this is still a sad story. Im so pissed and sad at the same time!

I think This guy had to be more depressed about other stuff than just guns but it still goes to show how a messed up political system in a messed up state can affect someone so severely.

Im afraid it will get worse from now on

BajaJames83
09-30-2011, 2:26 PM
thats a shame....
too much power..........

The Shadow
09-30-2011, 2:27 PM
That's funny...I'm fairly liberal in many issues, and I'm more than well aware of how gritty and violent the world is. Disarmers come from both parties.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Fairly liberal is a subjective term, so maybe you should put a finer point on, or elaborate as to just how far your liberalism goes.

But to get back to it, I didn't say they weren't aware of violence, it's just that they, like so many liberals apparently don't like being reminded of it through anecdotes and facts. It sort of goes back to out of sight out of mind.

I almost liken liberals to this.

http://pressvision.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-photo.jpg

wolfstar
09-30-2011, 2:34 PM
This guy was either bat guano crazy, or had other issues, to do this. There was no reason to lose a home of 20 years unless, in that time, he had refinanced it to the hilt (maybe to buy guns). There was sure as heck no reason to kill himself. Sad, avoidable, and blameable, but the blame for his suicide does not start with bad laws.

Well it's hard to run a plumbing business from jail. No income = bye bye house. That and he had 250g worth of assets sized by the state. He might have been counting on selling his fire arms if he got into financial trouble.

Sad, avoidable, and blameable, but the blame for his suicide does not start with bad laws.
Really? Bad laws sending a man who did nothing morally wrong to jail where he would be rapped by other inmates isn't a big deal? This isn't club fed here. Oh and when he gets out he has nothing? Sounds like a great deal to me.

Pretty much everyone I know would rather die that end up in a state prison. We're not harden criminals and we know what would happen to us there.

POLICESTATE
09-30-2011, 2:35 PM
.. what does this even mean?

It means that no one outside of gun enthusiasts (as well as his friends and family) are going to give a ****

This sucks. He does seem a little young to take such drastic action but I guess a few years in prison, even one, would be very hard on him and then his entire life has been taken away from him in regards to his property and livelihood. Where do you go from there when you're pushing 50 and have a felony conviction (for weapons no less)?

Another senseless death as the result of stupid gun laws. I'm sure the Brady's won't see it that way, they'll say it's another senseless death as a result of gun ownership.

Hopefully he's some place better where the .50BMG rounds never run out.

Cr6IC
09-30-2011, 2:39 PM
I feel for the guy. Dealing with legal issues, where the course of your life is out of your control and in the hands of government officials is a very stressful thing. Not to mention the ruinous cost of defending yourself.

ldsnet
09-30-2011, 2:49 PM
Personally they should go after her for "causing" his death. Last I checked Purjury was a crime. As is Burglary and making threats. The result of her statements and planned actions, a good man lost everything he held dear and took his life.

sao
09-30-2011, 3:03 PM
This makes me furious!

Modimo
09-30-2011, 3:04 PM
This is quite tragic...

freonr22
09-30-2011, 3:09 PM
is it burglary if she had previous permission? at what point does a guest have to have specific/individual permission to enter?

POLICESTATE
09-30-2011, 3:14 PM
is it burglary if she had previous permission? at what point does a guest have to have specific/individual permission to enter?

Probably at the point where he said "this relationship is over, get your stuff and get out" or something to that effect.

Freagan
09-30-2011, 3:27 PM
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

My friends, we have laid dormant for far too long.

Hoologan
09-30-2011, 3:30 PM
Very tragic.....

redking
09-30-2011, 3:50 PM
We need to get organized and be ready to form a militia when the time comes. If there are even as little as 500 people it can't be called "Some crazy guy"

POLICESTATE
09-30-2011, 3:55 PM
We need to get organized and be ready to form a militia when the time comes. If there are even as little as 500 people it can't be called "Some crazy guy"

You're right about that. Instead it will be called "some crazy people, possibly a cult like the Branch Davidians"

If the majority of society is abnormal then normal become abnormal.

Abby Normal! hehehe, see if anyone gets that reference.

LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
09-30-2011, 4:01 PM
Just one more example that shows gun control has nothing to do with preventing crime.

We need to have a law named in his honor.

Rusciolelli's Law: The CA AW Ban Repeal Act of 2012.

RP1911
09-30-2011, 4:02 PM
Young Frankenstein

mosinnagantm9130
09-30-2011, 4:13 PM
This whole situation disgusts me.

Fate
09-30-2011, 4:19 PM
Sad tale.

Killing the crazy ex-girlfriend would make things worse. However, offing yourself and making all evidence point to being murdered by the crazy ex who then goes to prison for life is how the movie version would play out.

paul0660
09-30-2011, 4:25 PM
Well it's hard to run a plumbing business from jail. No income = bye bye house. That and he had 250g worth of assets sized by the state. He might have been counting on selling his fire arms if he got into financial trouble.

Really? Bad laws sending a man who did nothing morally wrong to jail where he would be rapped by other inmates isn't a big deal? This isn't club fed here. Oh and when he gets out he has nothing? Sounds like a great deal to me.

Pretty much everyone I know would rather die that end up in a state prison. We're not harden criminals and we know what would happen to us there.

He had not been convicted of anything. We can presume he really saw the awful possibilities clearly.

I am just saying it was really to soon to pull the plug, knowing what we know, which is certainly not everything.

deadshot
09-30-2011, 4:25 PM
They are comming for you next!

dad
09-30-2011, 4:36 PM
Bottom line:"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"!

anthonyca
09-30-2011, 4:40 PM
Should have killed the chick first.

As long as he didn't use a gun. He let her and the state win.

mag360
09-30-2011, 4:41 PM
It means that no one outside of gun enthusiasts (as well as his friends and family) are going to give a ****

This sucks. He does seem a little young to take such drastic action but I guess a few years in prison, even one, would be very hard on him and then his entire life has been taken away from him in regards to his property and livelihood. Where do you go from there when you're pushing 50 and have a felony conviction (for weapons no less)?

Another senseless death as the result of stupid gun laws. I'm sure the Brady's won't see it that way, they'll say it's another senseless death as a result of gun ownership.

Hopefully he's some place better where the .50BMG rounds never run out.

Exactly, I hope you aren't the only one who gets what I wrote in that post. AT BEST he has a long trial, loses all his money, can't keep a plumbing business going if you can't work because you're in jail, or pay house bills, and he lost $280,000 worth of investments. At worst he still loses everything but spends 6 years in jail, and then can't have guns for the rest of his life.:mad:

Atlantaboi2012
09-30-2011, 4:43 PM
Cant anyone see CA gun laws are unconstitutional and dont make any practical sense? We as voters need to get our rights back in CA! This is a sad story, but there is no reason to selfishly kill yourself and hurting those who care about u

randian
09-30-2011, 4:44 PM
When said guest's only means of entry is through a pet door.

Tarn_Helm
09-30-2011, 4:44 PM
RIP.

I applaud your compassion.

But if he had been one of us, he could have dealt with the situation in a more informed way.

Possibly prevented certain things from happening.

Also, had he been one of us he might have thought twice about creating more "evidence" that gun ownership and higher incidence of suicide (or suicide by gun) are statistically connected.

It is very unfortunate that he ended his life and that he ended it the way he did.

I would like to think that most of us CalGunners would enlist others' help and arrive at a better outcome.

Sadly, he seems to have been a bit of a "loner" with regard to the 2nd Amendment.

That does not work out well, apparently.

Too bad he did not turn to us instead of turning the gun on himself.
:(

mag360
09-30-2011, 4:48 PM
You guys that are talking about "laying dormant too long" I mean what would we really do? Grab our guns and surround his house with at best a fanciful number of 500 guys defending him from being arrested? LAPD has 10,000 officers, do you think any of them would put their job on the line for one "gun nut"?

paul0660
09-30-2011, 4:51 PM
Read the news story again. The guy was off his rocker, even if he was guilty of none of those charges. He gets all 2A when, according to him, the issue was false claims of DV.

RaiderNation
09-30-2011, 4:55 PM
Does anyone have a possibility of getting in touch with his family? Can we at least have a donation for funding a proper burial for this guy?

Count me in if someone starts a fund. Its a shame how a "Hobby" could lead to this. Makes me sick to my stomach hearing things like this.

Dreaded Claymore
09-30-2011, 5:04 PM

Depends on which shot you're talking about. The Arab Spring was catalyzed by a suicide (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Bouazizi).

Dreaded Claymore
09-30-2011, 5:07 PM
They are comming for you next!

That's fine, they can comm for me all they want. I'd be happy to talk with them, over the radio or in person. :D

MasterYong
09-30-2011, 5:16 PM
I don't blame him. I may have done the same in that situation. In a way, he's fighting for what he believes in by not complying with what he sees as illegal violations of his rights.

I feel for his family and friends though.

RIP

croc4
09-30-2011, 5:26 PM
While I agree this is a terrible story, those that think that rising up or revolting, are way off mark, sorry. Lets be honest, the only way a 'revolt' would work is if it was coupled with a major, and I mean MAJOR disaster. We as gun owners make up such a small minority it would be eclipsed by any police dept if we 'rose up'.
It would be just a by line or a news sound bite and then forgotten.
At the very best, you would have to get every gun owner across the entire nation to unite, and we all know that is impossible, even within the ranks of gun owners, you have the 'black rifle' and 'boltgun/shotgun' groups, that even in the best of cases don't see eye to eye. Do you think for a second they are going to stop watching american idol (or insert some other brain dead mass media show) to revolt?, it makes a nice movie or book plot, but it won't happen, it will never happen, unless there is some far reaching issue/disaster that reaches everyone, not a town, not a county, not a state, but everyone!.

croc4

compulsivegunbuyer
09-30-2011, 5:26 PM
6 years in prison, possible rape by Buba, possible shanking, possible wearing a diaper in imfirmary after gang rape, yea, I think I would rather be dead honestly.

kel-tec-innovations
09-30-2011, 5:27 PM
Very sad. The laws are all messed up. The law protects the psychotic such as that psycho chick. For example a girl you have never seen or touch etc. comes out and say you raped her or threaten to kill her. The law will come take all your guns, arrest you, put you in jail for a long period of time while you get beaten and raped in jail until you are proven innocent. During you stay in jail you will be treated like an actual rapist who is awaiting trial. Bail is usually set for persons who are awaiting trial, though they can be denied bail or released into society until the trial begins.
The social stigma associated with a rape accusation causes irreparable damage to the accuesed party's reputation. Speculation among friends and family of the victim and the accused can vary from total disbelief about the accuser's allegation to believing the accused is guilty. Associates of accusers have been known to batter and murder the men who were falsely accused. The chick then walks free. Many woman knows how our legal system works and uses it against males to gain custody of children or just to punish their male partner.

http://www.manwomanmyth.com/wp-content/themes/arras-theme/library/timthumb.php?src=http://www.manwomanmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/false_rape.jpg&w=480&h=225&zc=1

http://www.manwomanmyth.com/women/false-allegations-of-sexual-harassment-and-rape/

mag360
09-30-2011, 5:34 PM
if this sparked an "arab spring" type of situation, that would be a victorious moment for the "free man". There are so many people completely sick and disgusted with laws controlling them...

until then:

When you walk out your front door with your rifle. Look right and left for your neighbors.

If they're not also standing there with their rifles, go back inside and put your rifle back in the safe.

Ubermcoupe
09-30-2011, 5:44 PM
Hope his family is doing as best as can be. :(

jshoebot
09-30-2011, 5:48 PM
if this sparked an "arab spring" type of situation, that would be a victorious moment for the "free man". There are so many people completely sick and disgusted with laws controlling them...

until then:

When you walk out your front door with your rifle. Look right and left for your neighbors.

If they're not also standing there with their rifles, go back inside and put your rifle back in the safe.

Somebody already tried to start an Arab Spring here, in the exact same fashion as it occurred in Egypt. Only difference, the media here didn't publicize it. Bet you guys never saw this before: http://m.sentinelsource.com/mobile/news/local/last-statement-sent-to-sentinel-from-self-immolation-victim/article_cd181c8e-983b-11e0-a559-001cc4c03286.html

bg
09-30-2011, 5:54 PM
I don't think anyone here realizes just how jacked up San
Bernardino City, it's police dept and the San Bernardino
Sheriffs are. I know exactly where Firwood Drive is as I lived
in Arrowbear for some years in the 60's. If you make the
mistake of trusting ANYTHING in San Bernardino, yer done
for, As the OP has so sadly made us aware of.

But no worries, you'll never hear anything about it in The SUN,
or if you do, it will this poor man's fault for not OBEYING !!

The Shadow
09-30-2011, 6:08 PM
You're right about that. Instead it will be called "some crazy people, possibly a cult like the Branch Davidians"

If the majority of society is abnormal then normal become abnormal.

Abby Normal! hehehe, see if anyone gets that reference. Igor(pronounced eye-gor aka Marty Feldman) said it in "Young Frankenstein

Mute
09-30-2011, 6:47 PM
This is terribly sad. I hope that girlfriend receives her just reward someday. The same also for the jerkwads who wrote all these gun laws.

audiophil2
09-30-2011, 7:10 PM
Read the news story again. The guy was off his rocker, even if he was guilty of none of those charges. He gets all 2A when, according to him, the issue was false claims of DV.

Yes, the media is always accurate and unbiased, especially toward gun owners. :facepalm:

jaymz
09-30-2011, 7:45 PM
Tragic. While I can't say that I agree with his actions, there is now proof that CA gun laws have actually caused death rather than prevent it.

huntercf
09-30-2011, 7:57 PM
She won't be prosecuted but IMO the ex is guilty of murder. May our brother rest in peace, it is unfortunate that he had to become a matyr.

Eat Dirt
09-30-2011, 8:16 PM
Wow .......
Just found this story
Really Sad ...RIP

Gray Peterson
09-30-2011, 8:28 PM
This sad situation proves one thing:

Gun owners in California should not ever EVER EVER fight this alone.

Think of what would have happened if he had called the CGF Hotline right at the beginning versus doing this.

Do what you can to spread the Hotline number to gun owners, especially those who may not have proper inventory of what their guns have. The life you save may be theirs.

Dave A
09-30-2011, 9:14 PM
It does aggravate me along with most of you that this woman apparently is going to get away with making false police reports and possibly perjury. It seems to me that the deceased's parents and any siblings would have a cause of action (or several) against this woman. Possibly not in criminal court as that would be up to the discretion of the DA, but civilly where her behavior would not be well received by a jury.

The parents, assuming they are still living should be able to recover all of his assets and sell them to realize the value of the property, which should go to them as the next of kin, since he was not married. I would hope that someone is giving them some legal advice and I for one would be happy to donate some money toward a legal fund to make sure this woman does not get away with what she caused however indirectly. :mad:

Kavey
10-01-2011, 10:53 PM
This sad situation proves one thing:

Gun owners in California should not ever EVER EVER fight this alone.

Think of what would have happened if he had called the CGF Hotline right at the beginning versus doing this.

Do what you can to spread the Hotline number to gun owners, especially those who may not have proper inventory of what their guns have. The life you save may be theirs.

Gray Peterson is correct when he says, "Gun owners in California should not ever EVER EVER fight this alone".

It appears most likely from his sad farewell letter that Mr. Rusciolelli was unaware of the assistance that was available to him from Calguns as well as from other pro Second Amendment organizations.

Alone, he tried to face down the hostile forces of his local "politically correct" anti-gun media, law enforcement agencies, prosecutor, court and the most destructive of all the instigator - an evil woman skilled in manipulating the legal system against him for her own selfish gain.

How could he face all of this alone? He couldn't. None of us could.

No matter how hard we work at keeping ourselves "legal" gun owners while we journey through California's Byzantine labyrinth of gun laws, any of us could find ourselves trapped like poor Mr. Rusciolelli for reasons we could have scarcely imagined.

As soon as I'm done here, I'm making a donation to Calguns with Mr. Rusciolelli in mind. Please do the same. Let's keep the Calguns legal war chest full. It's not just for some abstract ideal or principle, but rather in a situation like the persecution of Mr. Rusciolelli it gets personal really fast!

ls2monaro
10-02-2011, 7:26 PM
Suicide is a very selfish act. I have dealt with losing a close relative to suicide and it is a horrible situation for everyone involved. Many of us have had tough times in our lives, and we need to remember to realize we are human and ask for help if we need it.

You fight through your problems, and you wake up the next day and keep fighting but never ever get to the level where you voluntarily take your own life. We can blame the guy's girlfriend, the cops, the laws, but in the end it was this guys personal decision to take his own life.

jamesob
10-02-2011, 7:37 PM
You think California politicians give a **** about this guy?

zenaprincess
10-02-2011, 7:38 PM
No one is to blame for this guys suicide but himself. Many people face tough situations in life and in my 42 years of life experiences I would say this guys predictement is certainly NOT the toughest I have seen. In fact, if what he states in his letter is true there is a very good chance he wouldnt be facing any jail time at all.

I would also say this. If some girlfriend framed me and some DA and Police chief were immorally and unconstitutionally railroading me, the LAST person I would kill is myself. I think you guys can figure out who would be shot before me ::wink wink::

With that being said, this guy should have just had his day in court and made the truth come to light and then make a decision.

TURBOELKY
10-02-2011, 8:54 PM
This is terrible. This poor man felt helpless against the wrath of the california justice system. This state makes me sick, and I would love to be in the position to leave:facepalm:

cmaynes
10-02-2011, 9:01 PM
this is very sad, but I am sort of shocked that he placed more value on having 5 illegal rifles (I wont go into the BP or devices) and a really poor choice of companions that ended up making his best solution a hole in the head.

we can complain about gun laws here, but its really not a gun law issue. Its a sad personal tragedy.

Window_Seat
10-02-2011, 9:34 PM
Suicide is a very selfish act.
:facepalm:

I have dealt with losing a close relative to suicide and it is a horrible situation for everyone involved. Many of us have had tough times in our lives, and we need to remember to realize we are human and ask for help if we need it.

You fight through your problems, and you wake up the next day and keep fighting but never ever get to the level where you voluntarily take your own life. We can blame the guy's girlfriend, the cops, the laws, but in the end it was this guys personal decision to take his own life.

It's just not that simple... The brain does NOT have an on/off switch for long term situational depression, which isn't something that allows for your easy do it yourself one size fits all solution.

No one is to blame for this guys suicide but himself. Many people face tough situations in life and in my 42 years of life experiences I would say this guys predictement is certainly NOT the toughest I have seen. In fact, if what he states in his letter is true there is a very good chance he wouldnt be facing any jail time at all.

I would also say this. If some girlfriend framed me and some DA and Police chief were immorally and unconstitutionally railroading me, the LAST person I would kill is myself. I think you guys can figure out who would be shot before me ::wink wink::

With that being said, this guy should have just had his day in court and made the truth come to light and then make a decision.
Again... :facepalm:

Some of you just don't have a single bit of understanding of the issue concerning long term severe depression, and to be really honest, I'm sort of glad you don't, because you likely haven't ever experienced it, and I would never want that for any person...

The State is guilty of 1st degree murder, and every person from the author of the legislation to those who are responsible for enforcement of the unconstitutional regulatory/prohibitory measure should be given a life sentence, but since that obviously doesn't happen in our system of injustice, I can only hope that there really is an ultimate judgement.

I don't know what's worse... This person's death because of "the system", or the fact that a person with severe depression might decide not to get help because they know that their civil rights will be stripped if they do.

HST, I'm extremely thankful to know that CGF would be the first to immediately step up to help me in a situation like this.

Erik.

sharpie613
10-02-2011, 10:49 PM
The honorable thing to do would have been following the law or move to a state where his hobbies are legal.

The Founding Fathers were considered by many to be criminals, as were Henry David Thoreau, Gandhi, Martin Luther, Sophie Scholl, The Dalai Lama and Martin Luther King. Just because something is against the law doesn't mean it's wrong.

He didn't commit suicide because of his guns, he committed suicide because the lettering on his rifles wasn't what the state thought it should be and the state, with the full cooperation of the local police department and the harpy he took up with, set about destroying his life and rendering him penniless, more so than if he had been accused of murder, rape, or embezzlement. The cop accused of killing a homeless mentally ill man in Fullerton recently had a million dollar bond for comparison. As far as he could see, his life was over, he was broke and about to go to jail for 6 years, at which time he gets out of jail and is still broke, still has his life ruined and is now a felon to boot so he can't hardly get a job sweeping a floor. Assuming he survives his prison term, that is.

jaq
10-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Somebody already tried to start an Arab Spring here, in the exact same fashion as it occurred in Egypt. Only difference, the media here didn't publicize it. Bet you guys never saw this before: http://m.sentinelsource.com/mobile/news/local/last-statement-sent-to-sentinel-from-self-immolation-victim/article_cd181c8e-983b-11e0-a559-001cc4c03286.html

I read his entire letter. Thank you for posting the link. Everyone here should read it.

He said it. I'll say it, "Live free or die."

That is what it is coming to - again.

masameet
10-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Dang. Just read this story.

This man's death is so sad and regrettable.

Still I don't know. It's like he just gave up, like he had no fight in him at all. He even called his ex-wife before he shot himself. But she was not there at her job. Then at the end of his voicemail, he shot himself and could be heard making his death rattle. Jayzus. Why did he do that to her?

And I can almost understand his thought process leading up to suicide. Some folks grow up with and don't outgrow an "all or nothing" philosophy, which means they do not look for options and solutions to their alarming predicament. They see only two outcomes -- bad and worse. Rusciolelli chose the worst option: death.

And if he lost all of his 50-something guns, who gave him that 9mm pistol that he killed himself with? If he borrowed it from a friend, dang.

And he wrote about losing his home and being homeless. Was his home underwater that much that it was being foreclosed?

So lots of questions, including why did he call his ex-wife up at her work, maybe knowing she wasn't there?

As a 20-year resident of his small San Bernardino mountain town, he used a typewriter for his 10-page suicide note. Does that mean he did not know how to use a computer or have internet access (which might explain his seeming lack of knowledge regarding DV, weapons charges and his options as a firearms enthusiast)?

For sure, Randall Jay Rusciolelli was one of us. He just did not know it. And we firearms enthusiasts need to do more 2d A rights and options outreach and education so that our fellow firearms enthusiasts become informed and stay legal.

battleship
10-03-2011, 1:09 AM
That is chilling, how fast and easy a persons life can be destroyed. So sad R.I.P.
I hope his X gets it.
I wish the state would get it to but that's not going to happen.

FourTenJaeger
10-03-2011, 1:29 AM
Think about this guy the next time you think any gun control law, rule, or regulation is Reasonable. We've been warned numerous times. By English gun owners. By Australian gun owners. We've been warned by news stories, Horrible news stories.

Do NOT Take it any more. Maybe some of you are okay with 10 Round limits. Registration. That's fine. Will you be okay with it when we've got nothing but Black powder and single shot .22's? I drew the line where I stand a long time ago.
So did my state.
So did many other states.

Where do you stand?

conanobrennan
10-03-2011, 4:07 AM
Bet you guys never saw this before: http://m.sentinelsource.com/mobile/news/local/last-statement-sent-to-sentinel-from-self-immolation-victim/article_cd181c8e-983b-11e0-a559-001cc4c03286.html

I have. That one is rough to read but is definitely something to keep in mind when dealing with police especially as gun owners. domestic violence is not pretty.

randian
10-03-2011, 8:28 AM
Why did he do that to her?
Why not? It was her almost certainly false accusation of violence that put him where he was.

Mesa Tactical
10-03-2011, 8:47 AM

I'm guessing that if they could hold their nose at the DV charges they would have suggested buying additional assault weapons when he knew they were illegal was imprudent, then given him Bruce Colodny's phone number and a heartfelt "Good luck!"

bwiese
10-03-2011, 9:36 AM
I'm guessing that if they could hold their nose at the DV charges they would have suggested buying additional assault weapons when he knew they were illegal was imprudent, then given him Bruce Colodny's phone number and a heartfelt "Good luck!"

To some extent indeed. But there could be mitigating facts - what if 75% or more of those "AWs" were really OLLs and the AWs were few in number? What if DV charges were bogus (i.e, divorce proceeding started) and just thrown in the mix?

We do have (via lawyer) have a look at things in such matters before we say 'No'.

However, we must also say that because CGF does or does not support an individual or a case has nothing to do with guilt on any or all charges.
CGF support is always discretionary - nevertheless we often aid matters that are not directly supported.

I think some of you have seen some quiet CGF activity on cases where there were a multiplicity of drama elements yet things went well.

For example, awhile back one individual was popped for legit OLL (unlocked) which is legal, and a loaded 1911, as I recall, in a range bag. These items were also in direct proximity, unlocked, to a convicted felon. [I suspect felon was shooting with them earlier but have no real info - this is just 'reading between the lines'.]

CGF obviously declined to handle the bulk overall drama, but stood guard and helped on the specific OLL matters - and then all other charges were dropped for relatively minimal lawyering. The individual lied to his friends, one of which had the temerity to write to us, calling us useless BSers because we didn't defend the OLL and he was thus hung out to dry and had to pay several grand for his own lawyer. The fact the OLL was pushed back on may have aided suppression of other charges. The orig SOB was lucky as hell (so was the felon passenger).

Mesa Tactical
10-03-2011, 9:40 AM
The individual lied to his friends, one of which had the temerity to write to us we were useless BSers because we didn't defend the OLL and he was hung out to dry and had to pay for his own lawyer.

WTF?

jdberger
10-03-2011, 9:59 AM
Poor sentence structure.

The guy lied to his friends and told them that CGF didn't defend the OLL. He also stated that CGF hung him out to dry and he had to hire his own lawyers. Then one of them wrote to CGF, accusing them of being useless BSers.

bwiese
10-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Poor sentence structure.

The guy lied to his friends and told them that CGF didn't defend the OLL. He also stated that CGF hung him out to dry and he had to hire his own lawyers. Then one of them wrote to CGF, accusing them of being useless BSers.

^ THIS.

I was typing quickly.

corcoraj2002
10-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Not the same, no where close, but you have to be careful with girlfriends and what the PD will construed as DV.

I had an incident with my local PD. Myself and the girlfriend were at home (I live in an apartment complex) we were joking and messing around in a room that shared a wall with a neighbor.

There was a bit of screaming and next thing we know there are 3 cops at my door. The male cop wanted to talk to me separately from the 2 female cops. He asked what was going on I explained. He must have seen a holster or something cause he asked if I have firearms. Told him yes, they are all legal.

He then told me that if her story didn't match up to mine they were going to take all my guns and ammo there and then. He got me to wait in a room with no firearms while he talked to the other cops.

Its all sorted and they head off. My girlfriend tells me that he comes out and asks what her side of the story is. He then tells her if she wanted to change her story they could take the guns away and stop me from owning any in the future, in case she was afraid for her life. She said no and she likes going shooting with me.

I wrote to the the complaints board and got a canned letter back saying that a lot of females don't want to charge there boyfriends and since there were firearms about that they wanted to make sure that she was not just scared.

Total BS in my book.

CrazyCobraManTim
10-03-2011, 2:16 PM
We as gun owners make up such a small minority it would be eclipsed by any police dept if we 'rose up'.

croc4

70-80 million gun owners can't be wrong.... http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp#general well...some could be wrong.

conanobrennan
10-03-2011, 2:22 PM
how many of us are willing to rise up with the risk of being killed or arrested and losing our gun rights for the rest of our lives for insurrection?

2nd Shot
10-03-2011, 2:49 PM
No matter whether you agree or disagree with how he handled it, this man is our brother. May he rest in peace now.

At any time, a law can be written, rewritten, or applied in a way to take a peaceful, honest man and turn him into a criminal, strip him of his possessions, seize, destroy, or sell his belongings, and have him paraded in front of the media by ____ agency/politician as a monster/nutcase that needed to be brought to justice. The news will crucify you, nobody will speak up for you. Nobody will listen to the protests of your family, or a few gun owners or rights activists. Nobody will ever know.

I think this man knew exactly what was going to happen to him and couldn't bear the crushing demoralization of being stripped of his freedom, assets, home and standing in society for unjust reasons. I can't say I blame him, personally. Let's not let this get swept under the rug and forgotten.

2nd Shot
10-03-2011, 3:18 PM
Also, it doesn't matter how many gun and rights enthusiasts and activists band together - while society still functions we will never have even a snowflakes chance in hell of doing anything more significant than getting us ALL labeled as potential "domestic terrorists", which apparently, our beloved Whitehouse is already on the look for. Assume they're here and don't give them ammo. Political and legal action are the only avenues available to our cause that are going to get us anywhere, and it's working. Nothing more satisfying than beating the system at its own game.

Politicians have done an impressive job controlling people by pitting neighbor against neighbor, splitting the people into divided, quarreling fragments. When people see eye to eye long enough to unite into groups such as the Tea Party or the Minuteman Project, the reception is not always very warm, the media is sometimes unapologetically hostile, public opinion goes down, and people are again scuffling over the details and the momentum is lost. The "system" or whatever you prefer to call it does not like common people stepping out of the fog long enough to organize into a big enough group to be powerful.

Long story short, when you're looking around for your neighbor to pick up a rifle and join you, don't hold your breath cuz it might be awhile.

cmaynes
10-03-2011, 3:58 PM
Also, it doesn't matter how many gun and rights enthusiasts and activists band together - while society still functions we will never have even a snowflakes chance in hell of doing anything more significant than getting us ALL labeled as potential "domestic terrorists", which apparently, our beloved Whitehouse is already on the look for. Assume they're here and don't give them ammo. Political and legal action are the only avenues available to our cause that are going to get us anywhere, and it's working. Nothing more satisfying than beating the system at its own game.

Politicians have done an impressive job controlling people by pitting neighbor against neighbor, splitting the people into divided, quarreling fragments. When people see eye to eye long enough to unite into groups such as the Tea Party or the Minuteman Project, the reception is not always very warm, the media is sometimes unapologetically hostile, public opinion goes down, and people are again scuffling over the details and the momentum is lost. The "system" or whatever you prefer to call it does not like common people stepping out of the fog long enough to organize into a big enough group to be powerful.

Long story short, when you're looking around for your neighbor to pick up a rifle and join you, don't hold your breath cuz it might be awhile.

I would wonder where your sentiment comes from- if you are living in a free state, I might say that you are being cruel- while you might have things like SBR's, suppressors and even Class III weapons available to you- and of course you would have CCW rights....

otherwise, If you were a CA resident I would think such words would be agitation to the degree that civilized men and women would dismiss legal and civilized methods of change for law breaking.... Some of us do however feel change is possible within the civil government we have already. Legally speaking I am looking forward to the NFA being repealed and the GCA of 1986 being reversed. Getting our rights back in CA is a step closer to that end result- but the principal issue is to get the voting majority to recognize why the 2A is important to both gun people and non-gun people.

socal-shooter
10-03-2011, 4:09 PM

prize for the dumbest thing ive read today.

Kerplow
10-03-2011, 9:41 PM
Poor sentence structure.

Why in the wide, wide world of sports would anyone lie about something like that? :confused:

oaklander
10-03-2011, 11:51 PM
I am the person who gets many of the initial contacts on gun cases. As has been stated, there is a vetting process to ensure that only cases which have the best possible resolution be brought or defended. In general, gun cases can range from very simple, to EPICALLY complex (factually and legally). There are reasons sometimes to take simple cases, and reject the opposite, and then vice-versa.

I know this is a typical lawyer answer, so the PLAIN ENGLISH version is that CGF does not want to waste your money.

;-)

I did not read the whole thread. How did this issue come up?

Sent from my Maxi-Pad.

socalocalypse
10-04-2011, 1:42 AM
I read some book and avoidin living someplace with common walls drastically reduces your chances for police interaction.

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

johnthomas
10-04-2011, 2:14 AM
Sadly, this can happen to any of us. Your weapon slam fires and you are a felon. Break down on the way to the range near a school, felony. Like this poor soul, get tied up with the wrong person, your done for life. This truly saddens me. He went out a free, armed American. May he rest in peace.

masameet
10-04-2011, 1:00 PM
Why not? It was her almost certainly false accusation of violence that put him where he was.

I read the news stories, which all said his ex-GF -- not his ex-wife -- claimed to be the victim of his DV and that he had more than 50 guns.

Most likely he wasn't thinking of the guilt trip he was laying on his ex-wife by leaving his final vm at her work number. (But I'm guessing that he blamed her a lot for divorcing him and leaving him vulnerable to that awful ex-GF.)

norcal77
10-04-2011, 1:59 PM
What a terrible story, too bad he didn't take any of the people that ruined his life with him.

Lead Waster
10-04-2011, 2:20 PM
Women can be so vindictive.

<CSB>
While at a party, it came up that at that time, I had 3 rifles and a pistol. My friend Jay's girlfriend (now wife) says to me "Oh,really? Maybe I should call the ATF and tell them about your arsenel!".
I had just met her. What. A. B*****.
It took a lot of restraint to now chew her out. She just met me and she's threatening to report me to some government agency because SHE THINKS I'M COMMITTING A CRIME because she is completely ignorant of the law.
</CSB>

Bottom line, even if women have nothing personal against you, some of them are just complete b*****s.

mlevans66
10-04-2011, 2:49 PM
My biggest fear is being murdered by police in a raid on my house, similar to one that this guy got caught up in. I never gave much thought to the aftermath if I survived....

Things like this are what scares me the most. This is why I'm always looking for job in my home town. Even Az. isn't safe ( See the Marine that got killed by cops for defending his hom with an AR) R.I.P to the guy that took his life because his crazy ex-girlfriend and Kali where trying to take it from him first.

masameet
10-04-2011, 4:02 PM
Women can be so vindictive.

<CSB>
While at a party, it came up that at that time, I had 3 rifles and a pistol. My friend Jay's girlfriend (now wife) says to me "Oh,really? Maybe I should call the ATF and tell them about your arsenel!".
I had just met her. What. A. B*****.
It took a lot of restraint to now chew her out. She just met me and she's threatening to report me to some government agency because SHE THINKS I'M COMMITTING A CRIME because she is completely ignorant of the law.
</CSB>

Bottom line, even if women have nothing personal against you, some of them are just complete b*****s.

Instead of getting mad, why didn't you educate her about being a law-abiding firearms enthusiast?

Besides women don't own the patent on vindictiveness. We women don't commit murder-suicides with guns (http://nij.gov/nij/topics/crime/intimate-partner-violence/murder-suicide.htm) as often as men do.

Nodda Duma
10-04-2011, 4:23 PM
That man chose to LIVE FREE OR DIE.

chris
10-04-2011, 4:55 PM
very sad.

AaronHorrocks
10-04-2011, 8:32 PM

Collecting firearms is not a reason to leave the state. The people that think it's wrong to collect firearms are on the wrong side of history. They deny reality. They deny your rights. They ignore the United States Constitution. They are the enemy of all human kind.

Full Clip
10-04-2011, 9:18 PM

Really?
Do you own several illegal "assault weapons"? Would "any" of us risk their freedom for the sake of collecting?
This is an incredibly sad story and depressing as hell, but, no, not "any."

jdberger
10-04-2011, 9:34 PM
Really?
Do you own several illegal "assault weapons"? Would "any" of us risk their freedom for the sake of collecting?
This is an incredibly sad story and depressing as hell, but, no, not "any."

Do you know that they were "illegal"?

Not everyone uses the flow chart. (http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-273711.html)

Full Clip
10-04-2011, 9:51 PM
Do you know that they were "illegal"?

Not everyone uses the flow chart. (http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-273711.html)

Well, since he does state in his note:

"I can only fire one rifle at a time but regardless, they discovered an additional 5 banned rifles without permits."

Yet does not contest their legal status...

short round
10-11-2011, 8:21 AM
I knew Randy and there wasn't a mean bone in him. He struggled when his wife died years ago but who of us wouldn't. They had been married a long time and like all us grew dependent on each other. The girlfriend has issues to say the least. How did this happen with just a phone call from a women when he had complained to the local PD about her is hard to belive. What a huge loss to his entire family. God bless Randy and his family.

OHW
10-11-2011, 8:36 AM
Dear President Obama,
This man was an American. He died because he believed in America and the wonderful Constitution. It was betrayal and destruction of the Constitution that tore at this mans soul. When America failed him , was when it's honor was soiled with your legislations.
Mr. President let us not lose another American to heart break at losing the greatest nation ever built. Don't tear us down brick by brick.
You have the power to make his death count.

Your humble citizen,
OHW

oaklander
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
I knew Randy and there wasn't a mean bone in him. He struggled when his wife died years ago but who of us wouldn't. They had been married a long time and like all us grew dependent on each other. The girlfriend has issues to say the least. How did this happen with just a phone call from a women when he had complained to the local PD about her is hard to belive. What a huge loss to his entire family. God bless Randy and his family.

Reading this kind of made my cry. I love Sierra so much, I do not know what I would do if she was gone. So much, the media wants to demonize gun owners, and the media forgets that we are just people, just like they are.

Sorry, had to take off "Oaklander" hat for a minute, and just be "Kevin." This whole thing is ****ed up. THIS is exactly why I do this stuff.

Blaze Kenobi
10-11-2011, 11:06 AM
I never thought I would see the day when Americans would start taking their lives because the sick politicians that have taken over our country are using the government to terrorize and demonize it's citizens because that is what a truly evil corrupt government does to take over people.

It demonizes and and divides it's citizens, cause chaos, mistrust, instills fear against each other and create an illusion that they will protect us and thus they have to enact more and more laws but in reality we are already chasing the carrot and are far away from the protection of our freedoms.

It's hard to know that we live in an age where we are not losing our lives for our country but we are dying because of it.

radioburning
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
An evil ex-gf manipulating an un-just system, causing an honest law-abiding man to lose literally everything he's worked for his whole life...

Tragic.

Shame on her, and shame on the San Berdoo justice system.

radioburning
10-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Girl probably feels no remorse over the situation too...

CEDaytonaRydr
10-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Terrible... :(

The family should sue this state for wrongful death... :mad:

Blaze Kenobi
10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
I bet that ***** of a GF probably loves Obama and voted for him. These are the people that are destroying us from within.

Us3rName
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
this is just one sad sad situation.

I shed a tear for this man.

He died a man and nothing less...

Hope his message is heard/felt throughout the community...

RIP