View Full Version : THANK YOU, City of Sunnyvale

09-30-2011, 9:46 AM
As many of you have probably heard, the City of Sunnyvale rejected an effort to enact restrictive zoning on Federal Firearms Licensees on Tuesday.

Through the magnificent efforts of Andrew Miner, the City got the opportunity to reveiw an immense amount of information regarding guns, crime and gun stores. Mr. Miner's report will come in handy for future fights.

The Council took the time to listen to every one of us who expressed concern. They took the time to study the issues. They treated us with respect. We are often used to being treated poorly in these meetings. It was a great experience.

I'd like everyone, even if you weren't at the meeting, to send a small note of THANKS to the Councilmembers - even those who voted against us. We can be gracious when we win. We can embrace and support our friends.

I'd prefer a snail-mail note (it's more likely to get read) but an email will suffice.

Mayor and Council
456 W. Olive Ave.
P.O. Box 3707
Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3707
Phone: (408) 730-7473
Fax: (408) 730-7699

Mayor Melinda Hamilton

Vice Mayor Jim Griffith

Councilmember Otto Lee

Councilmember Christopher Moylan

Councilmember Anthony Spitaleri
No Email

Councilmember David Whittum
No Email

A short note saying something along the lines of, "thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak with you on this important issue", etc. will suffice.

Please post here when you've sent your thank you notes.

09-30-2011, 9:50 AM

09-30-2011, 9:51 AM
These may be out of date but:

David Whittum email: dwhittum@yahoo.com
Tony Spitaleri email: tspitaleri@tspitaleri.com

09-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Congrats to those who made the effort to show up at these meetings and send mail, especially if this law wouldn't have affected you directly.

Working for a cause larger than yourself is gratifying, Semper Fidelis!

09-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Great idea.

09-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks to all who showed up. I'm sorry I missed some of the events, but 'life' and work interspersed and we had a great team.

Aside from thanks to council members and mayor who gained understanding into our side of the matter, I specifically do want to thank Mr. Andrew Miner.

Mr. Miner was directed to do this work, which was the end result of significant external agitation via some non-Sunnyvale subterranean channels. I'm sure his daily workload is such that he didn't need yet another issue in his inbox.

We gunnies did NOT cause this drama, and were only responsive in reaction to its origination by other parties. Existing Sunnvale status was fine.

Mr. Miner unfortunately landed in a minefield but tried to be fair. We should never fault these people for being not quite up-to-speed on issues we ourselves are immersed in for hours upon hours daily. It's not really right when a poor planning guy trying to keep up a nice community gets thrown into midst of major constitutional issues resounding with litigation on local, state and Federal fronts.

Rememer that treating folks such as Mr. Miner right is important: these people are thrust thru no fault of their own into these matters, as their workload 'rains down on them' and they don't pick & choose issues. Mr. Miner's main job is to 'keep things up' in Sunnvale, one of the most livable cities in the US, and I think he's doing a good job.

But all this drama is what the LCAV wants: secretly inject an issue, create panic, dissension and then try for a quick irrational response. That's also why LCAV works thru the unelected ABAG (Assoc. of Bay Area Gov'ts) - an essentially unelected superagency that skulks around and rains down proposed laws into cities or counties that don't even care about an issue.

ABAG was created supposedly for regional transportation issues, but gun control is actually a significant core component of its (unwritten) mission.

[BTW, for all you folks thinking Republicans are pro-gun, a significant number of ABAG folks are pro-biz Reeps. And one of the biggest thorns in ABAG and related LCAVish gun drama is a San Jose politician who's a Dem and a gunner. We do have friends all around and making assumptions of friendship by party line or other policies is folly in CA gun politics.]

09-30-2011, 10:59 AM

Or perhaps "Hear, hear"?

09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Or perhaps "Hear, hear"?

I stand corrected. :D

09-30-2011, 9:41 PM
I too want to thank everyone who took time out of busy lives to get involved and help win this!

09-30-2011, 9:56 PM
Good job, all who participated! :cheers2: