PDA

View Full Version : Assemblyman Mike Gatto on SB 610

morrcarr67
09-30-2011, 6:16 AM
I got this email last night and want to share it with you:

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the issues you care about. It is people like you, who are well-informed and take the time to share your opinions, who will help California fix our problems and become once again the great state that we know it can be.
I am personally writing you back, because I believe those who serve in government must be responsive and accessible, particularly to caring, responsible citizens like you.

You wrote to urge my support for SB 610 which would provide that a concealed weapon applicant not be required to pay for any training courses unless good cause is determined. The bill would clarify that the application fee for a new license includes the costs of required notices and would also provide that no applicant be required to obtain liability insurance as a condition of the license. Not only did I vote in support of this bill when it passed in both the Assembly Appropriations and on the Assembly floor, but I promoted its merits by floor-managing it. Currently I am pleased to report that this bill has been presented to the Governor for final approval.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. Please consider my office a resource for anything related to our government, and a welcome repository for any ideas you may have for helping our state. You can contact me anytime by calling (818) 558-3043 or by emailing Assemblymember.Gatto@assembly.ca.gov.

Very truly yours,

Mike Gatto
Speaker Pro Tempore
Assemblyman 43rd District

It's good to see that all the emails we sent out may have had an impact on how he voted. Whenever Calguns request that we contact our elected officials and urge them to vote the way WE want them to vote I will be there.

mag360
09-30-2011, 6:25 AM
way more importantly, how did he vote on ab 809 and sb427.

morrcarr67
09-30-2011, 6:31 AM
way more importantly, how did he vote on ab 809 and sb427.

Don't know. He hasn't sent me a response on those.

cmaynes
09-30-2011, 9:26 AM
Gatto has tended to be more of a party line, gun control Democrat, so if this is the case- it is signaling a possible sea change in the State House- that is certainly a good thing.....

Keep his feet to the fire- and show you are paying attention to his votes....

If he continues in the right direction, a contribution is not a bad idea....

SwissFluCase
09-30-2011, 9:29 AM
I think we are better off converting the Democrats instead of making this a Republican vs. Democrat issue. We are not going to win the latter in this state.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Stonewalker
09-30-2011, 9:39 AM
I wrote Mike Gatto off has a freedom-hating douche when I saw this -

lqx9RPrqNMM

But I'm glad to see democracy at work anyways!

mag360
09-30-2011, 1:04 PM
gatto voted NO both times (6/2 and 9/8) for AB809. :D :D good!

then he flip flops and nails us on SB 427. voted YES for that both times. baaadddd. :(

so we have an ally in training. we need to find out why he voted for 427. That is a must. WHY would he oppose AB809 but vote YES for SB427??

Can you email him back and pick his brain about SB 427? Gatto could be someone who could run a bill for us getting rid of SB23 (AW features bill):43:

edit: Just called his office, they are going to send me a position statement. I said I was curious why he voted "pro rights" on 809 and 610, but "against rights" on SB 427 and the lady said she was "curious" (i think in a good way) :) as well.

Ima2Avoter
10-10-2011, 1:30 AM
This just in, appears to be good news. Gov'nr Moonbeam signed SB-610 It can be seen at this link:

http://www.calnra.com/calerts/calert101011.shtml

bwiese
10-10-2011, 1:34 AM
I think we are better off converting the Democrats instead of making this a Republican vs. Democrat issue. We are not going to win the latter in this state.

Correct... at this point we have to regard Republicans as generally dead in legislature except for extraordinary things. And the people they've been sending to Gov's office have been of zero help.