PDA

View Full Version : Going after the Brady Bunch

radioman
09-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Would it be worth it to go after the bradys with bill boards. Putting on their doorsteps every woman raped in this state, every person robed and or murdered in this state. And all for the lack of a gun, Poor Mr. Stow, it someone had a gun they could have stopped that beat down. This and more should be put on the doorstep of the bradys and all who support them, all who pass laws for them. Yes guns kill people, but guns keep people from raping and killing you, this is war for our very freedom, nay, our lives. I know that at one time local tv had free speech spots at no cost, if the bradys can lie and get away with it, what can we do with the truth? Who rapes an armed woman? No one. Who robs an armed man? No one. The nurse from Fremont, if she owned a gun would still be alive? Tell us brady, if you have the guts.

Bhobbs
09-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Probably not. The money would be better spent winning court cases that put the Brady Bunch out of business.

Falconis
09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
If you have the money to sustain a marketing campaign go for it. I think everyone else is committing their resources to higher probability goals.

Kind of reminds me of a line from the movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps .... "You stop telling lies about me, I'll stop telling the truth about you" Problem is, I don't think we would stop telling the truth ..... :)

radioman
09-29-2011, 10:30 PM
going after them and there shills, putting them out office. if local TV still has free speech spots it would cost nothing, IIRC the free speech thing was an FCC mandate.

Quinc
09-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Maybe you could run this on that free local tv spot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p8bbO8oU9g

jdberger
09-30-2011, 12:09 AM
It's happening. Not quite the way you're describing it, but it's already well in motion.

Of course, every time they predict dire consequences over LTC, sporting rifles, "assault clips", etc.- and those horrible things fail to materialize, they damage their credibility.

Combine that with the increasing number of people who have purchased guns (Thanks, Mr. President!) and their willingness to identify as gun owners and we can look forward to the Bradys fading into irrelevancy.

They're Flat-Earthers.

Don't get me wrong. They're still dangerous and need to be opposed at every turn just like all who oppose our liberty.

SickofSoCal
09-30-2011, 2:41 AM
they say that there are 50 million gun owners.

I don't think so. I think its a lot higher

mag360
09-30-2011, 3:05 AM
every time we show up for stuff like the Sunnyvale city council meeting we are beating the Bradys. When we take new people shooting, we are destroying their ability to gain new supporters, when we put good sheriffs into office like Scott Jones in Sacramento ( CRPA's sheriff of the year) we are beating the bradys.

billboards would be fantastic, but grassroots can do a lot more with no money spent.

posted on my palm pre so forgive any spelling...

zinfull
09-30-2011, 8:55 AM
You would only bring them back into the light. Leave them sitting back trying to get money with little notice.

jerry

HowardW56
09-30-2011, 9:06 AM
Probably not. The money would be better spent winning court cases that put the Brady Bunch out of business.

:iagree:

They are well on the road to becoming irrelevant...

SwissFluCase
09-30-2011, 9:24 AM
We are already doing the correct thing, and they are making a better mess of themselves than we could ever hope to do to them.

Never interfere with an enemy that is making grave mistakes in battle.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

boxbro
09-30-2011, 9:41 AM
They're so insignificant that they really don't matter.
The best thing we can do is ignore them.

Wherryj
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Maybe you could run this on that free local tv spot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p8bbO8oU9g

Suzanna Hupp "gets it". Unfortuanately that didn't help her or her parents because our "law makers" don't.

berto
09-30-2011, 10:12 AM
No need to waste money on giving them attention. Brady is withering on the vine. They have very little grassroots support. They're still capable of making whine due to the deep pocket foundation support but there are better ways to fight Brady than a media campaign. It's easy when we show up with facts and numbers and they bring the same two people peddling fear.

jdberger
09-30-2011, 10:14 AM
they say that there are 50 million gun owners.

I don't think so. I think its a lot higher

In 1994 an NIJS survey (https://www.ncjrs.gov/txtfiles/165476.txt) came up with 200 million guns owned byabout 25% of the population. It was a telephone survey.

It's a nice baseline, but in no way accurate. Ask yourself, if a "researcher" calls you on the phone and asks if you own any guns, how do you respond?

The survey also suggested that ownership was declining.

Given the last Presidential election, the newfound attraction to black rifles, etc - I'd hazard a guess that currently, gun ownership is rising. There are also NICS numbers (http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/090111StateTotals_19982011.pdf) which show a spike in purchases.

G60
09-30-2011, 10:17 AM
They're self destructing, fast.

they really, really need that new CEO.

G60
09-30-2011, 10:26 AM
In 1994 an NIJS survey (https://www.ncjrs.gov/txtfiles/165476.txt) came up with 200 million guns owned byabout 25% of the population. It was a telephone survey.

In 2007, the Small Arms Survey reported an estimated 270 million civilian firearms in the US.
http://gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states

a 2010 estimate of the number of adults who own a gun in the US is 30-34%
http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

HBrebel
09-30-2011, 10:40 AM
The Brady campaign and most of the gun control lobby is funded by George Soros, NY mayor Mike Bloomberg, Ted Turner and many other high rollers. You can't fight these folks with money.Would it be worth it to go after the bradys with bill boards. Putting on their doorsteps every woman raped in this state, every person robed and or murdered in this state. And all for the lack of a gun, Poor Mr. Stow, it someone had a gun they could have stopped that beat down. This and more should be put on the doorstep of the bradys and all who support them, all who pass laws for them. Yes guns kill people, but guns keep people from raping and killing you, this is war for our very freedom, nay, our lives. I know that at one time local tv had free speech spots at no cost, if the bradys can lie and get away with it, what can we do with the truth? Who rapes an armed woman? No one. Who robs an armed man? No one. The nurse from Fremont, if she owned a gun would still be alive? Tell us brady, if you have the guts.

Ubermcoupe
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
IMO: all I have to do is let the brady's tank themselves...

jdberger
09-30-2011, 10:48 AM
The Brady campaign and most of the gun control lobby is funded by George Soros, NY mayor Mike Bloomberg, Ted Turner and many other high rollers. You can't fight these folks with money.

No, they're not. Not really.

Check out the Joyce Foundation.

zinfull
09-30-2011, 1:07 PM

Maybe they can hire the ex CEO from HP.:D

jerry

oni.dori
09-30-2011, 1:21 PM

I would sincerely disagree with that. I would say they need to wait as absolutely long as possible to get that new CEO...:whistling: