PDA

View Full Version : Cal Expo gun show October 1st/2nd

EMT John
09-29-2011, 9:03 PM
Does anyone know if it's any good? I went to the placer county one a few months ago and thought it was crap so is this one any better?

berettabattler
09-29-2011, 11:31 PM
same here.

does anyone know what time it opens and what the ammo prices are like?

WW2Buff
09-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Miwall booth has decent prices as always and you might find some good deals on other stuff. The show tends to have some nice C&Rs (both military and commercial) but not a lot AR wise that is decently priced or real. It's fun to walk around and worth the ticket price but don't expect the Reno show. -Ben

CaliforniaLiberal
09-30-2011, 1:02 AM
Miwal Ammo Sales will be there.

http://www.miwallcorp.com/index.php?route=information/calendar

Probably about the best ammo prices you will find, also powder and primers. They will lend you their heavy hand truck if you leave your Drivers License with them. At the Vallejo show they had Wolf 9mm for $0.16 a round. Winchester 12ga buck shot for $110 a case of 250.

As far as "Is it any good?" :shrug:

I hear that it was a bigger show years ago. I think it's worth going about once a year if you have a significant sum of money to spend on ammo.

The Cal Expo Show is bigger than Placer County's

You can park across the street and walk to save parking.

If you don't like the gun show you can check out the cat show next door.

A splendid time is guaranteed for all!

http://www.mcmannsroadrunner.com/

SHOW HOURS
All shows* are open to the public:
Sat. 9am - 5pm & Sun. 9am - 4pm

OCTOBER 1 & 2, 2011
Admission $10 for Adults
Free Admission for Children under 12
NEW!!!
UPGRADE YOUR ADMISSION TO 2 DAYS AT THE SHOW OFFICE FOR AN ADDITIONAL $5 ON SATURDAY. YOU WILL RECEIVE A TYVEK WRISTBAND THAT, YES, YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT ON AT THAT TIME. THEY ARE WATERPROOF AND TEAR RESISTANT, $1 OFF COUPONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE UPGRADE.

THE OCTOBER CAL EXPO SHOW WILL ONCE AGAIN BE IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE JAZZY CATS CAT SHOW! FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL THEM DIRECTLY AT, JAZZYCATS2000@SBCGLOBAL.NET

mag360
09-30-2011, 4:25 AM
everyonegoes to the gun show then floods the sac area stores afterwards to buy the real goods! I'd go if I reloaded or needed bulk ammo. But I usually end up going anyways and looking at cool knives and get some jerky!!

kuya51
09-30-2011, 4:09 PM
good to hear, im running low on jerky

hylander
09-30-2011, 4:10 PM
I'll be there in the morning :)
Not to bad a show, much better than the County fair shows, but not the show of days gone by or the Big Reno show.
Usually lots of AR stuff, Milsurp is hit and miss.
Mi-Wall has great prices on Ammo, Primers, Powder, thats what I go for.
Will also be looking for a 17HMR Rifle :cool:

Javi
09-30-2011, 8:11 PM
How are Sunday mornings? I think I have Sunday off but I was kind of put off by reviews mentioning that there's not much gun related stuff at this gun show haha.

hk91666
09-30-2011, 8:37 PM
Miwall is usually there at the Vallejo show I picked up 440rd (spam Can) of 7.62x54R Russian light ball for $85.

I am going for BP stuff there is usually more than at vallejo.

medicdude
09-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Any ideas on MiWall .40 ammo price?

NorCalRedneck
10-01-2011, 1:16 AM
Any ideas on MiWall .40 ammo price?

About 6 months ago I picked up 1000 rounds of .40 reloads for $170 from them. Great looking rounds and have not had one problem with them. And they came in an ammo can.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-01-2011, 1:27 AM
About 6 months ago I picked up 1000 rounds of .40 reloads for $170 from them. Great looking rounds and have not had one problem with them. And they came in an ammo can.

Can't beat that with a stick!

berettabattler
10-01-2011, 3:05 AM
was that pre-tax or after tax for the .40?

How is it on Sunday? will there be ammo left? I would love to go on Saturday but have work..

thanks.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-01-2011, 5:26 AM
Yes there will be ammo on Sunday. Sunday will probably be just the same as Saturday. Except for that Old Model Blackhawk in original condition, faint turn line, perfect bore that will have already been sold for a once in a lifetime price. Oh well, maybe you can get there on Saturday next year.:)

hylander
10-01-2011, 7:08 AM
Except for that Old Model Blackhawk in original condition, faint turn line, perfect bore that will have already been sold for a once in a lifetime price. Oh well, maybe you can get there on Saturday next year.:)

I already own that one ;)
Serial # under XXXX :cool:
I think I got ripped off though, I paid $225 for it :eek:

CaliforniaLiberal
10-01-2011, 8:46 AM
I already own that one ;)
Serial # under XXXX :cool:
I think I got ripped off though, I paid $225 for it :eek:

Damn! I was just kidding! That's way sweet!

Was that price from 10 - 15 years ago?

BBShot
10-01-2011, 8:25 PM
I ended up going to the show today...saw some pretty good prices on bulk ammo but aside from that, it looked like grandpa's garage sale. There was a lot of second-hand stuff, some old C&R rifles, but no real smokin' deals.

Of course, the old Playboys (the top one featuring former WWF star Chyna in her post wrestling days) for a mere $2 was the best deal I saw all day!

bigwhitetruck
10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Even though I've lived in Sacramento for almost 20 years now, I've never been to the show at Cal Expo. Whenever it comes around, I tell myself I'm going to go, but it never happens. Oh well, maybe next time.

hk91666
10-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Show was okay I like the one that is in 2 buildings best. A friend got a 1930 A5 12 ga C&C for $250 a good score. Not enough BP guys there to suit me I only got 50% of what I wanted.

Shellshocker66
10-02-2011, 11:16 AM
The expo show used to be great in the 80's and early 90's. Several buildings packed with ammo, guns, and goodies. Last one I went abut 8 years ago was so small and boring I've not been back since.

jgorman
10-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Went to the show yesterday and there wasn't much to look at. Lots of AR stuff, but not to many handguns. I bought some ammo, looked around and left. 10 bucks to park and 10 buck to get in the door is pretty unreasonable.

Javi
10-02-2011, 7:52 PM
Did someone say there's parking across the street for free? I know I could at least buy a handgun defense class voucher and lights for my future safe so now all would be a loss. I hope my cousin enjoys it, though..He's going and I dunno if he wants to buy any guns or what. Just don't want him to be disappointing in a sea of airsoft guns and jerky.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-02-2011, 8:12 PM
Kaiser Clinic and a shopping center across the street. Big parking lots.

I think the next CalExpo show is in January? Or in the Spring?