PDA

View Full Version : SSE in LA/Orange???

oliveview
09-29-2011, 7:54 PM
Hi all:

I searched the SSE sticky, as well as the rest of the forums. I didn't see anything about anyone doing single shot exemptions in the LA / Orange area.

Am I overlooking a shop that does this down here? I only see information about Valkyrie and Table Rock. But they're the furthest things from close.

What are people using for their SSE purchases?

Thank you.

BigFatGuy
09-29-2011, 8:03 PM
There's somebody down by the Pendleton marine base. They are listed in the SSE thread... hang on...

Direct Action Solutions
722 Genevieve Street, Suite G
Solana Beach, CA 92075
(858) 436-7088

Solana Beach isn't a bad drive from the LA area...

oliveview
09-29-2011, 8:11 PM
Thanks so much. Although, I was hoping to find something a little closer to the LA/Orange border, knowing that a purchase will require a minimum of two-trips to whatever store I go with.

But anyone have any SSE dealings with those guys in San Diego? Good or bad experiences?

morfeeis
09-29-2011, 8:17 PM
Safespace use to do them, call them to find out if they still do......

morrcarr67
09-29-2011, 8:22 PM
I think OC Armory will do them. Heck, they are bringing in the Judge so I bet they would be willing to do others too.

orangeusa
09-29-2011, 8:22 PM
Solana Beach is almost to San Diego.(Just north of Del Mar). But it is a fine shop. They have great selection, and they are smart, nice people.

Just DON'T drive down there on Saturday between 10am and 2pm. Took me 3 HOURS...

I bought a used gun from them. Worked out wonderful - they communicate well, and I'm STILL happy.

Not sure about SSE.... I'd call them.

ir0nclash86
09-29-2011, 8:43 PM
I just did a SSE at at DAS in Solana Beach. I figured though if I'm going to be driving 1 hr 20 min to get there that I might as well turn it into a trip. So I went to Sea World on the day I started DROS and then went to the SD Zoo on the pickup day.

BigFatGuy
09-29-2011, 9:23 PM
I'm a member of the SD zoo, so I do the drive at least once a month. I guess I don't think of it as much out of my way. ;-)

oliveview
09-30-2011, 7:08 AM
Thanks, guys. It's not like I have an aversion to San Diego. I'm from there. It's just that I don't have a ton of spare time these days, so the locality of a FFL 7 shop is key.

But this is interesting. A number of responses for DAS, but no word on anything definitive for greater LA or Orange?

morfeeis
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks, guys. It's not like I have an aversion to San Diego. I'm from there. It's just that I don't have a ton of spare time these days, so the locality of a FFL 7 shop is key.

But this is interesting. A number of responses for DAS, but no word on anything definitive for greater LA or Orange?
did you call Safe space?

oliveview
09-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Safe Space? The "nurturing" woman-focused place? Their own website says they have officially stopped doing transfers. Are you talking about another company?

OCArmory
09-30-2011, 10:37 AM
We can do them for you.
Mike

oliveview
09-30-2011, 11:29 AM
We can do them for you.
Mike

Fantastic. Thanks for the heads-up. I just checked your site, but didn't see any specific information regarding SSE. Did I simply miss a page? Do you have a list of guns which you can perform that operation on, already? Is it a flat cost, for the transaction? Or does it vary, depending on the model?

Thanks. And I apologize if I'm missing something already posted about your SSE services.

echang86
09-30-2011, 2:04 PM
Speaking of OC and SSE

Has anyone heard from Straightline Tactical in Anaheim?? I remember Don talking about trying to get his 07FFL so he could do SSE's. That was a year ago. I know he had a 1911 kit ready to go...

sneather
09-30-2011, 2:09 PM
Speaking of OC and SSE

Has anyone heard from Straightline Tactical in Anaheim?? I remember Don talking about trying to get his 07FFL so he could do SSE's. That was a year ago. I know he had a 1911 kit ready to go...

I was just in there a few weeks ago, and asked him that very question.
He indicated that they were considering such, but they don't have that license at this time.

He's good people, so it would be awesome if his shop ultimately gets set up for that.

08duramax
09-30-2011, 2:53 PM
I thought a 07 FFL was not needed if simply swapping parts?