PDA

View Full Version : The itch I can't scratch :(

Bug Splat
09-29-2011, 7:29 PM
Most of us have sold guns we regret. Mine is a Kahr K40 that I stupidly sold to fund another firearm, which I also ended up selling. I truly loved that gun. The fit in my hand was just perfect and that trigger was smooth as can be. No safety, no mag disconnect, no built in lock, no Bull-S. 40S&W in a pocket sized pistol is enough to please anyone who carries. I have bought a number of small pistol since, G27, XDsc40, Bersa, Walther, each trying to fill that void but non feel as nice in my hand as the heavy K40. Its been a while since I bought a new gun and so have fallen under the wife's radar and back into her good graces so I'm determined to find a nice used K40 before Christmas.

Anyone else find themselves hunting again for that pistol they once sold and found they can't live without?

zod
09-29-2011, 7:38 PM
I stupidly traded away my K40 also, it was my first handgun. I still regret it till this day. It tamed recoil well, was more accurate than I'll ever be, and felt great in my hands.

oliveview
09-29-2011, 9:08 PM
Never sell. Look at how many great guns are unavailable any longer, or are off roster or a PIA to get here in California.

Sure, you can always buy a used gun. But why put yourself in the position?

Look at what either isn't made any longer, or would be a pain to get here:

Colt Pythons
Classic S&W revolvers
S&W all metal semi-autos
Classic Beretta compacts
70-series Colts
ANYTHING pre-ban!!!

Feel free to add to this list. But the points is, you never know when something is going to cease production for good.

So, for me, it's never ever sell.

Baja_Traveler
09-29-2011, 9:32 PM
My absolute biggest regret in life is selling my 6" Colt Python for $600 back in 1989. What a friggin idiot I was...

dr_communist
09-29-2011, 10:05 PM
the only guns i that i have sold i truly hated, a savage model b 30-30 pump which couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and a mas 49\56 re chambered in .308, it jammed every 4th round. when i sell i make sure i do not like the gun anymore.

Dark Mod
09-29-2011, 10:08 PM
I should have never gotten rid of that S&W 460, i got bored with the novelty of it but now a miss the old handcannon

joelj320
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Glock 21sf with picatinny rail and ambi mag release

infernl
09-29-2011, 10:55 PM
No regrets here,.and scratching ALL them pesky itches!!
Most current scratch, Glock 30SF today....

OC-Indian
09-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Most of us have sold guns we regret. Mine is a Kahr K40 that I stupidly sold to fund another firearm, which I also ended up selling. I truly loved that gun. The fit in my hand was just perfect and that trigger was smooth as can be. No safety, no mag disconnect, no built in lock, no Bull-S. 40S&W in a pocket sized pistol is enough to please anyone who carries. I have bought a number of small pistol since, G27, XDsc40, Bersa, Walther, each trying to fill that void but non feel as nice in my hand as the heavy K40. Its been a while since I bought a new gun and so have fallen under the wife's radar and back into her good graces so I'm determined to find a nice used K40 before Christmas.

Anyone else find themselves hunting again for that pistol they once sold and found they can't live without?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx

ZX-10R
09-30-2011, 7:01 AM
Never ever sell...I sold my first two rifles. Wish I never did. Handguns...I won't even dare.

JTROKS
09-30-2011, 7:52 AM
I once had a nickle plated S&W 469 that was just awesome and would shoot 2" groups at 25 yards. I needed a little bit of money and a relative needing a gun was eyeballing my 469. I sold it to him for what I got it for. I always missed that pistol because my 5906 loss her back-up. I ended up buying a 6906 and a Marlin Camp 9. Happy ending after all.

Briancnelson
09-30-2011, 8:14 AM
I don't sell any gun I have a sentimental attachment to, if I can help it. That's a pretty short list though. No regrets so far.

jonzer77
09-30-2011, 8:49 AM
The only guns I have sold are ones that I know that I wont miss.......so far. Hopefully it stays that way but you never know.

Snapping Twig
09-30-2011, 9:00 AM
I sold a 25-7 and a 29-2 6.5" that thankfully I was able to repurchase from my friends.

WTF was I thinking?! The 25-7 was redundant in my mind as I was shooting 44mag and didn't appreciate the 45 colt at the time. I saw the error of my ways and now the 25-7 is my most accurate revolver, damn thing shoots like a laser.

The 29-2, well... I had a 29 Classic and thought I didn't need the "old" version. Was I ever wrong! Took 4 years to get that one back.

Regretfully there are two I will never get back. One is my first ever revolver, a 6" no dash 586 I bought new. The other is a Ruger mini 30 I bought new in 1989, first year production with the .308 bore.

I replaced the 586 with a 4" 586-1 and truth be told, if I had bought the 4" the first time around, I would never have sold it.
The mini 30, I found a replacement for that too - only 500 units different in the production code - same year and same .308 bore. I'm not letting that one go ever. Better bullet selection with that bore for us reloaders. :) I like a 150g Nosler Ballistic Tip in that rifle and apparently it does too.

bsg
09-30-2011, 9:51 AM
various w german Sig Sauer handguns, older S&W revolvers... amongst others.

Bug Splat
09-30-2011, 11:51 AM
WOOT!:clap:

Just remembered that I had not done my expense report for work in 2 months. Added it all up and got me a $600 check coming. K40, here I come!

crackerman
09-30-2011, 1:29 PM
Ruger KP90. Not that special overall, but it Was my first handgun even and really miss it. I have been looking for one for a while and saw one in the for sale forum but haven't been able to find that thread again.

ruddogg
09-30-2011, 2:29 PM
Dan Wesson PM7... I had seller's regret as soon as I walked out of On Target after the FFL transfer...

If you check my sig below... I've bought another since. :)

bsg
09-30-2011, 6:05 PM
Dan Wesson PM7... I had seller's regret as soon as I walked out of On Target after the FFL transfer...

If you check my sig below... I've bought another since. :)

that's great! folks that regret selling a gun for 30 years and never replacing it... could have saved on all the tums by just replacing the darned thing when they could.