PDA

View Full Version : can I get my Armalite AR-10 lower back?

grumpydan
09-29-2011, 4:37 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this so sorry if it isn't.

I purchased my Armalite AR-10 A4 back in 1999.

Around 2000 I heard the gun ban was coming for us lucky Californian locals and I gave my rifle to my Father, who lives in Oregon. No paper work was done other than a hand written receipt.

My Father passed away on July 9th, 2011 and my Mother wants the rifle out of her house.

Is it possible to legally take the rifle back, can she sell it to someone in Oregon, what can be done with it now?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Dan

SocomM4
09-29-2011, 4:43 PM
Pretty sure As long as it complies with the laws,barrel length , overall, BB and 10 rds.
In Cali father son transfers are fine. No paperwork required . Go pic up your rifle, and sorry for your loss.

supersonic
09-29-2011, 4:48 PM
Pretty sure As long as it complies with the laws,barrel length , overall, BB and 10 rds.
In Cali father son transfers are fine. No paperwork required . Go pic up your rifle, and sorry for your loss.

In this case, it is an unreg'd AW by Ca. definition and cannot be transferred to a civilian. ArmaLite AR-10 lower receivers are on the AW list, and the OP did not register it before the deadline.

OP: sorry, but you are out of luck on this one. You can either sell it out of state, or keep it somewhere else outside Ca. Too bad, AR-10's are pure whoopass.

isplice
09-29-2011, 4:53 PM
Violates 12276 (e) ? AR-10 is specifically mentioned.
ETA: To slow on the keys!

grumpydan
09-29-2011, 4:54 PM
Thanks for the reply SUPERSONIC,
I was afraid of that, I guess the next time I go out to Oregon I will try and find a gun store in the Salem area willing to sell it for me.

Thanks
Dan

In this case, it is an unreg'd AW by Ca. definition and cannot be transferred to a civilian. ArmaLite AR-10 lower receivers are on the AW list, and the OP did not register it before the deadline.

OP: sorry, but you are out of luck on this one. You can either sell it out of state, or keep it somewhere else outside Ca. Too bad, AR-10's are pure whoopass.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
09-29-2011, 5:55 PM
Or you could purchase an off-list compatible lower, strip the rifle and transfer the parts to the new lower. As long as you assemble it in compliance with the CA Penal Code (bullet buttoned or featureless), there's no reason you can't bring the assembled rifle back with you (DO NOT bring the Armalite lower, even stripped, into CA). Then all you have to do is sell the Armalite lower out of state.

automatikdonn
09-29-2011, 6:10 PM
Sounds like you are boned without buying a different lower.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regagunfaqs.php#16

Here is about what it will run you to replace the lower with a legal one
http://www.goldenstatetactical.com/jdmate3bilor.html

grumpydan
09-29-2011, 8:00 PM
I have already stripped it of its parts and left the stripped lower in Oregon. I was curious if I would ever be able to get it back but I think everyone on here has made it pretty clear , NOPE.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

So it will not be a problem for me to sell the Ca. unregistered stripped lower to some one in Oregon through a licensed FFL?

CHS
09-29-2011, 8:17 PM
Just buy a Noveske N6 lower or an Aero-precision and rebuild that bad boy :)

CHS
09-29-2011, 8:17 PM
So it will not be a problem for me to sell the Ca. unregistered stripped lower to some one in Oregon through a licensed FFL?

No, that will not be an issue.