PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 822

denubilo
09-29-2011, 4:02 PM
Will the passage of HR 822 the reciprocity bill cause the gov. to have more control?
Some guy named Dudley Brown of the National gun rights organization is saying we should work to defeat this he says

"Once the federal government is in the business of setting the standards for concealed carry permits, itís only a matter of time before they start using that power to restrict our rights.

denubilo
09-29-2011, 4:04 PM
Here is their link

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

bwiese
09-29-2011, 4:08 PM
NAGR are idiots if that's their stance.

You don't win a war on 'purity'.

And we've already 'won' the RKBA on a Federal basis.

[As far as I can see, NAGR is really a Rand Paul fundraising unit.]

Wherryj
09-29-2011, 4:19 PM
NAGR are idiots if that's their stance.

You don't win a war on 'purity'.

And we've already 'won' the RKBA on a Federal basis.

[As far as I can see, NAGR is really a Rand Paul fundraising unit.]

I'd suggest that your determination has nothing to do with whether that is their stance or not. Judging by the emails that I've received after "signing a petition", I'd say that it's pretty clear that they are "mentally challenged".

I do find that their emails have a comedic value, in a "chicken little" sort of way.

wchutt
09-29-2011, 4:25 PM
This is an area where the federal government should have more control. It is the federal government’s responsibility to enact and enforce not only reciprocity between states, but force the states to allow their citizens the right to keep and bear arms. The 14th amendment was clearly written with the intent to force states to recognize American citizenship rights (privileges and immunities) including freedom to travel and the right to keep and bear arms. The federal government should be restricted to its enumerated powers, but this IS one of its powers over the states.

markm
09-29-2011, 4:30 PM
This is an area where the federal government should have more control. It is the federal governmentís responsibility to enact and enforce not only reciprocity between states, but force the states to allow their citizens the right to keep and bear arms. The 14th amendment was clearly written with the intent to force states to recognize American citizenship rights (privileges and immunities) including freedom to travel and the right to keep and bear arms. The federal government should be restricted to its enumerated powers, but this IS one of its powers over the states.

Hey wchutt,

+1

Succinct, clearly written, and 100% correct. Nuff said.

markm

Blackhawk556
09-29-2011, 4:30 PM
Aren't they restricting our rights already? Master Guru, I mean Gura, gave them two b!tc treatments already for that.

stix213
09-29-2011, 4:34 PM
"Once the federal government is in the business of setting the standards for concealed carry permits, itís only a matter of time before they start using that power to restrict our rights.

As opposed to the CA and NY legislatures? I'll take my chances with the feds :rolleyes:

POLICESTATE
09-29-2011, 4:47 PM
As opposed to the CA and NY legislatures? I'll take my chances with the feds :rolleyes:

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Glock22Fan
09-29-2011, 4:50 PM
Haven't we had, and dismissed as FUD, this thread already?

mag360
09-29-2011, 4:50 PM
yes, the OP needs to post in the original HR 822 thread.