PDA

View Full Version : SKS Gas tube Lever issue

October
09-29-2011, 2:46 PM
When Im firing my gun, the lever on the right side that you wiggle to take your gas tube out, it flips straight up after a few rounds. I keep putting it down in different positions, but it always shoots straight back up.

Seems like this could cause an extremely dangerous situation so Im holding off shooting it till I figure out what to do. ANy suggestions?

tujungatoes
09-29-2011, 2:51 PM
I'm guessing it's not very tight, and just kinda flops down. You can grab some pliers and give it a little tweak to increase tension.

It's not really unsafe, but it might bind up the action if the gas tube comes out of place.

dmax11
09-29-2011, 3:13 PM
I'm guessing it's not very tight, and just kinda flops down. You can grab some pliers and give it a little tweak to increase tension.

It's not really unsafe, but it might bind up the action if the gas tube comes out of place.

yeah bending the lever twords the rear sight block should solve the problem as at least on the yugo's i know they have detents for the full locked position (all the way down) as well as the upper gas tube unlocked but the operating rod still locked position. taking it higher than the higher detent will release the operating rod in the rear sight block and its under spring tension and will fly out if the gas tube is removed and this is not done carefully.

another thought if everything is tight is to remove your piston and check to make sure its not bent, if it was bent it could be forcing the gas tube to move upward when its fired.

nastyhabts26
09-29-2011, 5:11 PM
I have the same problem with mine the lever flipping up after about two or three shots.
Nothing has popped out of place yet.
I figured mine was from poor fitting of the Tapco replacement gas tube.
Maybe I will try tweaking the lever like you all suggest and see where it gets me.