PDA

View Full Version : I need advice on an old case

notme92069
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Can anyone suggest a way for my dad to get information on an old case in which he was a victim? It was in 1996 and he was carjacked. The case resulted in a conviction and recently he saw the carjacker on the street. The ex-carjacker saw him also and made the shooting with the finger gesture. My dad can't remember the guys name and he would like to get a restraining order against him. Any ideas?

OC-Indian
09-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Should be a public record at the county court house

notme92069
09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Should be a public record at the county court house

But what would you search for?

notme92069
09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
I thought criminal cases are People v. ScumbagX

1911su16b870
09-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Can anyone suggest a way for my dad to get information on an old case in which he was a victim? It was in 1996 and he was carjacked. The case resulted in a conviction and recently he saw the carjacker on the street. The ex-carjacker saw him also and made the shooting with the finger gesture. My dad can't remember the guys name and he would like to get a restraining order against him. Any ideas?

Please have him contact the local PD/DB and explain what has happened.

notme92069
09-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Please have him contact the local PD/DB and explain what has happened.

Unfortunately we live in Sheriff Gore country. The response has been less than expected...

Ron-Solo
09-29-2011, 1:33 PM
Unfortunately we live in Sheriff Gore country. The response has been less than expected...

Call and speak to the Watch Commander or Watch Sergeant. Don't settle for the kiss off from the patrol officer, good chance he was still in diapers when your dad was carjacked.

There are some special penal code sections to use on thugs like that.

notme92069
09-29-2011, 1:39 PM
Thanks Ron, I'll suggest that.

TheExpertish
09-29-2011, 2:33 PM
Call and speak to the Watch Commander or Watch Sergeant. Don't settle for the kiss off from the patrol officer, good chance he was still in diapers when your dad was carjacked.

There are some special penal code sections to use on thugs like that.

What Ron said. Getting a police report of the incident will be of help. Also, goto the Vista Courthouse and go to the DA's office. I think it's on the 4th floor. Have the clerk run a search using your Dad's name and explain the case. They should be able to find it and give you the case number and the perps name. Getting the TRO should be easy enough, but getting scumbag served (they don't tend to stay in one spot or leave current addresses) will likely be difficult so enlist the sheriff's help. With any luck he'll be on probation for something else. Guys like this are known as "job security" for LEO's for a reason.

socalblue
09-29-2011, 3:06 PM
Once you have the name talk to his parole officer. They love to violate the scumbags as it reduces the caseload by one.

Falconis
09-29-2011, 4:14 PM
It's easily a 422 charge as well. Could be used as a Violation charge or a new charge. Either way, he may get sent back for another year.

Jonathan Doe
09-29-2011, 4:35 PM
When the guy gestured his hand like shooting a gun at your dad, I consider it as a terrorist threat. I would report the incident.

Jasonaspears
09-29-2011, 5:11 PM
I agree...report it

Hunt
09-29-2011, 9:05 PM
If that happened to me I would be filing paper all over the system including letters to the County supervisors if the SD gives you the kiss off.