PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy glock magazines? and Glock sight question

dlouie87
09-29-2011, 9:31 AM
Looking for a couple spare magazines for my glock 34. I dont know if there were sites cheaper than another?

The cheapest I've seen them are at 25 a pop.

Also for some sights to replace the crappy plastic ones. Any recommendations? I saw the sevigny/warren sights but dont know if I should get the .215 or the .245 front sight.

-Daniel

SA227driver
09-29-2011, 9:54 AM
www.Glockmeister.com pretty good prices and no tax. Shipping is reasonable.

LHC30
09-29-2011, 9:56 AM
Botac has them for 22 ea...

beware that some have had problems with them, others (myself) have not.

GoingQuiet
09-29-2011, 1:21 PM
Looking for a couple spare magazines for my glock 34. I dont know if there were sites cheaper than another?

The cheapest I've seen them are at 25 a pop.

Also for some sights to replace the crappy plastic ones. Any recommendations? I saw the sevigny/warren sights but dont know if I should get the .215 or the .245 front sight.

-Daniel

Dealer cost is around $20-22 each, so at $25 - thats the lowest you'll see them.

I hear great things about the Sevigny sights, however the problem exists in finding a sight tool that can install them correctly as the shape of it is not standard.

1nsanity
09-29-2011, 1:31 PM
I’d keep an eye out on the marketplace forum for used mags quite frankly. You find some decent deals on some hardly used to lnib factory Glock mags. I like the Dawson FO front/ Heinie Rear combo myself.

tonyxcom
09-29-2011, 1:44 PM
I have bought a lot of stuff from Botach without any problems. The only annoying thing is ordering something and finding out its not in stock. But, you will find out by the next day and have the option of cancelling or back ordering. Customer service is very responsive via email in my experience.

I often laugh at the prices people ask for USED mags when you can get them for $22 Shipped from Botach. On Sunday I ordered the Vickers extended slide and mag releases for an incoming G26 and got them yesterday. Check stock on mags though, they just had a sale a few weekends ago for like $18 each so I am sure they moved a lot of stock.

The only "issue" I've had with them was the last G19 mag I ordered. I got a G17 one. A few emails later I had a pre-paid return label. Once it got back though, they didn't have any more G19 mags (no doubt because of that sale). So I asked if they could send me a G26 mag instead and 2 days later it was in my mailbox.

1nsanity
09-29-2011, 1:48 PM
Just have to keep an eye out. I to laugh at some of these outrageous prices but I do see Glock factory 10rd mags going for $15- $20 shipped on occasion. There is someone who sells some mags rebuilds for like $15-$17 iirc from time to time. There is this one guy right now selling these early gen mags, the ones that won't drop free for like $40 ea right now LMAO.

Sacramento Black Rifle
09-29-2011, 2:24 PM
Used Glock rebuild kits $15.00

Mono
09-29-2011, 2:30 PM
Natchez

The Competitive Shooter
09-29-2011, 2:43 PM
OP, the Warren and Sevigny sights are great.

I prefer the Warrens, as they have a rounded bottom of the rear sight which is more natural for me to align with the round fiber optic or tritium dot of the front.

The Sevigny rears have a squared bottom. I would think that would align nicely with a plain front sight, but I don't run plains.

Anyway, for a G34, you will probably want the .215 front. I find that I have to hold mine a little high the way it is with the .215, so I wouldn't want the .245.

JMHO - Take if for what you paid for it.:)

Sacramento Black Rifle
09-29-2011, 2:54 PM
Op also look at the Dawson Precision sights...

HighLander51
09-29-2011, 3:00 PM
I saw the sevigny/warren sights but dont know if I should get the .215 or the .245 front sight.-Daniel

You will want the .215" high for the G34, .245" high will make it shoot real low.

What you need to decide on is the width of front sight, .105" or .125". I run .105" on my G17s and .125" on my G17L. The amount of side light looks the same because of the longer G17 sight radius. I just installed a set of Warrens u shape bottoms on my buddies G35, and he says they work better for him. I have never personally run them, only have Heine rears.

HighLander51
09-29-2011, 3:12 PM
[QUOTE=GoingQuiet;7238069 I hear great things about the Sevigny sights, however the problem exists in finding a sight tool that can install them correctly as the shape of it is not standard.[/QUOTE]

I have installed a few of these using the MGW Glock sight tool, and it has the angled sides like the OEM Glock. The pusher they sell on the web site has square sides and would be better.

OP, since it sounds like you are going to use this for competition, show up at your nearest USPSA/IDPA match and most likely more that one of the guys is a Glock shooter and may have a pusher. Anyone who comes out to Norco Running Gun USPSA out here by me, I put them on for no charge.

cindynles
09-29-2011, 3:29 PM
I really like the TruGlo TFO sights on my Glocks. They really pop outdoors.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/cindynles/IMG_0971.jpg
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/cindynles/IMG_0877.jpg
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/cindynles/IMG_0878.jpg

Ubermcoupe
09-29-2011, 4:28 PM
I have had good luck with used mags from the market place. Of the 10 glock mags I have bought, only one of them had been truly used. They are used, but they are factory mags and I've gotten some serious deals. :)

Just have to be quick, they seem to go fast!