PDA

View Full Version : New Shtf real estate listing- Titan One missile base

barbasol
09-29-2011, 8:14 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/off/2618990733.html

Buck a foot. Not bad!

guns4life
09-29-2011, 8:17 AM
Man, it would be creepy living in there for the first few weeks....but I'd still take it.

meaty-btz
09-29-2011, 8:17 AM
Its the SGC!

If I had the money I would buy that place outright for myself and have some fun with it.

Ripon83
09-29-2011, 8:53 AM
That was a buck a foot lease rate? Seems like you could buy similar props for less on that a payment basis...50k a month?

barbasol
09-29-2011, 3:02 PM
I don't think you could get anything "similar" for that price!

Shellshocker66
09-29-2011, 3:22 PM
Here are some old missile silos, and other military sites that are for sale.
http://www.missilebases.com/properties

Ripon83
09-29-2011, 3:26 PM
Yeah - that is what I thought these went for....$540k for the one in AZ that cost $20 million back in the 60's.....that's the ticket !!! The one near Cinci would be all right but its too far away for me and there is no evidence of much underground there? Still the one in AZ looks like one tough cookie to crumble.....

POLICESTATE
09-29-2011, 3:34 PM
Yeah - that is what I thought these went for....$540k for the one in AZ that cost $20 million back in the 60's.....that's the ticket !!! The one near Cinci would be all right but its too far away for me and there is no evidence of much underground there? Still the one in AZ looks like one tough cookie to crumble.....

I was looking a the Cinci one but it says the 3 missile "magazines" are flooded, you can see in one of the pictures there is a stairway that goes under water.

BajaJames83
09-29-2011, 5:24 PM
this is soooo weird....

PM720
09-29-2011, 7:21 PM
Do they come with the missiles? ;):D

chris
09-29-2011, 8:04 PM
calguns group buy. could defentley hold out against the zombies in one of those.

smle-man
09-29-2011, 8:50 PM
Paying for one of these places would be the cheap part. The upkeep would be enormous.

Check this out: VR tour of an abandoned missile silo:

http://triggur.org/silo/

wheels
09-29-2011, 9:10 PM
calguns group buy. could defentley hold out against the zombies in one of those.

Apparently some of them were just buried...I wonder if some of these people know what is under their house (and at least one church from the web page below).

the ones near Tuscon would be closer for me...

http://w3.uwyo.edu/~jimkirk/titan2.html

steelrain82
09-29-2011, 9:27 PM
Fallout vault anyone.

bob7122
09-29-2011, 9:30 PM
if i won the lotto i would buy one of these and have an indoor shooting range, clinic, man-cave, my bedroom would look like it was a room from the show StarGate SG-1, storage room with custom gunsmithing equipment, i would host build parties up the yin yang.

smashycrashy
09-30-2011, 4:36 AM
For some reason, to me, it seems like a bad idea to LEASE your SHTF place. Because when the SHTF I'm thinking the owner is going to break the lease and its not like the court/cops will be there to help you. Maybe thats just me.

Eljay
09-30-2011, 2:11 PM
For some reason, to me, it seems like a bad idea to LEASE your SHTF place. Because when the SHTF I'm thinking the owner is going to break the lease and its not like the court/cops will be there to help you. Maybe thats just me.

They could do that anyway, even if you bought the place.

smashycrashy
09-30-2011, 2:21 PM
They could do that anyway, even if you bought the place.

True. But in a lease situation, you can't, legally, "change the locks" (at least not in CA), the LL must always have the ability to access the place (their right to legally do so is governend by law).

In a ownership situation, you can make it much harder for someone to get in and nobody can say anything.

Thus for a SHTF hideout situation, leasing is less than ideal. If the LL gets there first, you could be assed out.

Just sayin'.

Sanderhawk
10-01-2011, 6:19 AM
I would always think that some old cold war country would still have a rocket pointed at that silo just incase. I personally wouldn`t want to live in one.

Ripon83
10-01-2011, 6:37 AM
Hmm...lets see we can lease for 50k a month or buy for 279k in another town.....this "owner" is presently fishing for an absurd rich person.

gnatnoop
10-01-2011, 10:53 AM
if i won the lotto i would buy one of these and have an indoor shooting range, clinic, man-cave, my bedroom would look like it was a room from the show StarGate SG-1, storage room with custom gunsmithing equipment, i would host build parties up the yin yang.

then everyone will know where to go if/when shtf...