PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: Recent BATF Letter

pbchief2
09-29-2011, 9:06 AM
I have been recently conditionally hired for a job. One of the requirements is to have a Med. Marijuana card. If I get a prescription it seems that my right to purchase a firearm will be limited. I've been out of work for a bit and need the job, but is it worth it to risk my 2nd amendment rights?

Mr. Beretta
09-29-2011, 9:09 AM
OK......I guess I'll be the just one to ask. What kind of job mandates you to have a medical MJ card?

Hozr
09-29-2011, 9:13 AM
No employer can MANDATE any MEDICAL condition/wants/etc for employment purposes. WTF? How does that even make sense? It's a violation of federal law anyways.

This is crazy.

SanPedroShooter
09-29-2011, 9:13 AM
Ha ha, that struck me too... Maybe like "weed tester" or something?

On a side note, I got a job that requires me to take a hit of LSD everyday. Thats right, I'm an aide to California state Senator...

gatesbox
09-29-2011, 9:18 AM
Is this a job at a dispensary or something.....only job I can think of that would require you to get a card since these organizations are technically patient coops. People also use the word "card" all the time, a physicians recommendation is all that is required to comply with prop 215.

This is your decisiion but if you go ahead with it there is no prop 215 requirement to register with state or county health....one could just get their "recommendation" letter and very little public record would be available......now working at a dispensary would be a potentially bad situation wi the Feds for a firearms owner...

Shellshocker66
09-29-2011, 9:18 AM
Sounds like someone just got a job in a dispensary?

Us3rName
09-29-2011, 9:19 AM
No

10 char

I smell bs...

edit: even if its for a "dispensary" you don't need a MMJ card. You can sign with the state to be an authorized caregiver. which gives you the rights of prop 215 but no right to use the "medicine"

so something definitely doesn't smell like roses

RazzB7
09-29-2011, 9:19 AM
now working at a dispensary would be a potentially bad situation wi the Feds for a firearms owner...

Why? Seems like a perfect place to want to protect your inventory from scumbags.

gatesbox
09-29-2011, 9:23 AM
Why? Seems like a perfect place to want to protect your inventory from scumbags.

Not sure if serious?

Working at a dispensary would highly increase the probability of tangling with the Feds for distribution of controlled substance...big difference than being some prop 215 "patient" in possession of an 1/8 ounce of weed.

Us3rName
09-29-2011, 9:24 AM
because on a federal level. MMJ is illegal.

those two definitely do not go together....

MMJ + firearms = fail

pbchief2
09-29-2011, 9:25 AM
Is this a job at a dispensary or something.....only job I can think of that would require you to get a card since these organizations are technically patient coops. People also use the word "card" all the time, a physicians recommendation is all that is required to comply with prop 215.

This is your decision but if you go ahead with it there is no prop 215 requirement to register with state or county health....one could just get their "recommendation" letter and very little public record would be available......now working at a dispensary would be a potentially bad situation with the Feds for a firearms owner...

Yes it will be working for at a dispensary, but not for them.

bwiese
09-29-2011, 9:28 AM
Hmm. This gets interesting.

Employer sets you up, requiring you to have a card that stops you from exercising your 2A rights on your private time.

(This assumes that the card was ONLY garnered for employment and not use.)

However, the whole 'color' issue - involving Federally-illegal substances - prob isn't a winner.

If you just wanted to randomly have a MMJ card for the helluvit and were tested daily/weekly to show no use - that might be a good case.

I am not sure a biz could really demand you have an MMJ card (esp if a nonuser) given the whole Fed illegality - but then the biz is Federally illegal too.

Us3rName
09-29-2011, 9:30 AM
This just has BAD and FAIL written all over it.

If the job is more important than your right to 2A. Than go it.

This is solely your decision. and I think we've given you any and all bits of info you need to make an educated decision.

I sure know what outweighs what if I was in your shoes. You are on this board for a purpose.

Something still doesn't smell like roses.

gatesbox
09-29-2011, 9:34 AM
Again, I don't think the dispensary is truly requiring the prescription, It may be a requirement of the 215 system. Dispensaries are patient cooperatives, usually incorporated non-profit. Prop 215 does not allow for the explicit establishment of dispensaries but allows patients to cultivate, and sell to other patients for a price which supposedly only includes cost of raw materials and production costs.

Dispensary systems an exclusion because it is technically from patient to patient.

swilson
09-29-2011, 9:48 AM
No job is worth losing your 2nd Amendment rights.

Ubermcoupe
09-29-2011, 9:57 AM
No job is worth losing your 2nd Amendment rights.

2nd. I wouldn't, and it's not worth it.

MMJ is still illegal @ the federal level, nuf said.

I know its a slippery slope, but...:
I hear they are also hiring crack dealers/pimps/money sharks/ insert any illegal/unethical position here:chris:

redking
09-29-2011, 10:03 AM
We already have "limited" 2nd amendment rights...

Sounds like he is going to be a grower...

CHS
09-29-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm with Bill on this one. It actually brings up some very interesting questions.

If you have a Prop 215 recommendation (there really is no such thing as a "card"), but do not actually partake in the weed, and can be tested to show that (or alternatively, you have a caregivers form which prevents you by law from intake of pot), can the feds restrict your 2A? I would say "probably not".

Federal law is rather specific regarding firearms purchases and pot. You must be a user and/or addict of the illegal controlled substance. Just having a simple state authorization does not make you a user at all. ESPECIALLY with a caregivers form, where state law explicitly makes it illegal for you to use as well.

So, in all reality, if you DO NOT USE, you are probably perfectly fine. Also, don't tell the FFL that you have a Prop 215 recommendation or a caregivers form.

Now, there are certainly other issues with you working at a dispensary in the presence of MMJ and/or you handling it. Federal law will look upon that as distribution and that brings its own felonies. Commission of a felony while in possession of a firearm is usually a bad thing.

duggan
09-29-2011, 11:22 AM
I would stay away from working at an MMJ shop. There was a string of busts here in Kern awhile back, one case everyone that worked at the shop is now doing fed. time. One guy used to live across the street from me when we were kids, he was working in a security role, not selling the stuff and he is doing the same amount of time as the employees that sold the weed.

bigcalidave
09-29-2011, 11:52 AM

This is your decisiion but if you go ahead with it there is no prop 215 requirement to register with state or county health....one could just get their "recommendation" letter and very little public record would be available......now working at a dispensary would be a potentially bad situation wi the Feds for a firearms owner...

100% correct, and it's a ****ty situation. The Physicians rec is private, so you can't be put in a registry or list without actually following the recommendations of sb420, which made the optional "Card"

This HAS to go to the supreme court, and it should be interesting. Legalization, patients rights, states rights, 2A, so many factors. Not going to be an easy case.

The government doesn't have the ability to ban your 2A practice, that's settled. Methods are being worked on next, like carry, but in the meantime does someone following state law, who is not a convicted felon, really lose that right?

Wherryj
09-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Ha ha, that struck me too... Maybe like "weed tester" or something?

On a side note, I got a job that requires me to take a hit of LSD everyday. Thats right, I'm an aide to California state Senator...

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/wherryj/This.jpg

dustoff31
09-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I would stay away from working at an MMJ shop. There was a string of busts here in Kern awhile back, one case everyone that worked at the shop is now doing fed. time. One guy used to live across the street from me when we were kids, he was working in a security role, not selling the stuff and he is doing the same amount of time as the employees that sold the weed.

Yeah, there are an awful lot of people staking their future on somebody's word that they won't be prosecuted despite the fact that what they are doing is illegal under federal law. And that somebody isn't going to be there forever.

Decoligny
09-29-2011, 1:53 PM
Again, I don't think the dispensary is truly requiring the prescription, It may be a requirement of the 215 system. Dispensaries are patient cooperatives, usually incorporated non-profit. Prop 215 does not allow for the explicit establishment of dispensaries but allows patients to cultivate, and sell to other patients for a price which supposedly only includes cost of raw materials and production costs.

Dispensary systems an exclusion because it is technically from patient to patient.

There is no such thing as a "Marijuana prescription".

The doctor's simply write in your medical records that they believe that using MJ would be beneficial in the treatment of ___________(insert ficticious malady).

A doctor would get into very deep Federal doodoo if he actually wrote out a prescription for MJ.

pbchief2
09-29-2011, 6:22 PM

This is what weighs on my mind as I contemplate taking the job. Those

that think it's as easy as just not taking the job are not in my position. I

have been out of work for about two years, with a few temp positions and a

part time job now. I'm desperately looking for a full time job. My profession

has almost no jobs, and so far entry level positions will not call me back.

My 2nd ammendment rights are important, but the stability of my family

is also at stake. It's easy to sit there and second guess why I need the

card, that it doesn't pass the smell test, and maybe he's a tester. I'll play a

security role. Several of the other guards are reserve sheriff and corrections,

the fact that they have the recommendations is what drove toward getting

mine. The logical conclusion to the intelligent post here is obviously to not

get the card. The last thing I need in my finacial situation is to be a test

case or be seperated from my family for a federal vacation.

mag360
09-29-2011, 6:38 PM
well do the reserve sheriffs or the CO's have mmj cards?

huntercf
09-29-2011, 8:56 PM
I don't think a MMJ bars you from owning or buying firearms, someone correct me if I am wrong but the federal law says "active or addicted user of controlled substance". If you have a card that doesn't mean you use the stuff, they would have to prove you are actually using in order to deny your 2nd rights.
On the other hand, if the dispensary is raided by the feds then you might be SOL.

Hunt
09-29-2011, 9:56 PM
If you are concerned about trusting the Gov't just ask the Indians how it worked out for them. The wise will stay far, far, away from the MMJ scene, there is waaay too much money in the asset forfeiture industry for any common sense changes in the prohibition laws to happen anytime soon. Ask yourself this question, if you were the Gov't why would you give up billions of dollars in free assets by changing prohibition status?

oni.dori
09-30-2011, 1:08 AM
I smell BS here. This seems like one of those "I found hi-cap yadda-yadda-yadda in my basement/garage/attic" hooey stories, just about MMJ cards this time. Probably some pot head that is too immature to give up MJ, but still wants guns and is looking for a work around/free lawyer advice.

pbchief2
09-30-2011, 1:59 AM
I smell BS here. This seems like one of those "I found hi-cap yadda-yadda-yadda in my basement/garage/attic" hooey stories, just about MMJ cards this time. Probably some pot head that is too immature to give up MJ, but still wants guns and is looking for a work around/free lawyer advice.

I suggest you pull your head out your *** then.:rolleyes: I only say this after reading your others posts, most of which seem intelligent. Someone looking for a way around keeping guns wouldn't be looking for advice on staying legal. As far as immature, you're probably right I'm a kid at heart. :p

oni.dori
09-30-2011, 5:02 AM
I suggest you pull your head out your *** then.:rolleyes: I only say this after reading your others posts, most of which seem intelligent. Someone looking for a way around keeping guns wouldn't be looking for advice on staying legal. As far as immature, you're probably right I'm a kid at heart. :p

If that is the case, then you would have known I wouldn't have made that comment without first thinking about it. I'm sorry if it offended you, but it wreaked of a lot of the same logic and motives that a lot of the guys that come on here and make a lot of the same sounding BS stories about magically "finding" standard cap mags somewhere, and wanting to find a way to legally break the law and keep them; which, for all intents and purposes, is exactly what the whole MMJ card and buying firearms is. In all honesty, there is no way on earth a job can LEGALLY force you to break federal law to become/remain employed there. If they did, there would be a MONUMENTAL sh*t storm that followed.That is what initially caused my BS flag to raise. The only plausible thing I could think of that would be that you may be involved in the scientific/medical testing of and research in the effects of MJ on the human body and ailments. In that case, I do believe you would be given a legal waiver for all of the potentially ill happenings that might resultt in being found to be in possession of said controlled substance in your system. I am not 100% positive (nor am I a lawyer, so don't take it as legal advice either), but from what I understand and have seen in limited reading up on it, that is the SOP. Nowhere does that mean you must be forced to obrtain/possess a MMJ card whatsoever.
Now, does that mean you can't in any way be on the up-and-up, and it was just a false alarm? By all means, no. However, based on my experience here, that is not usually the case. Nor does that rule out the possibility that your potential/current employer is blatantly blowing smoke up your @$$ (pun intended).
I'm sorry if you took this as a personal attack on you or the use of MJ (if indeed you do, or it is important to you). It is just that the laws are completely clear on the subject at this time, and it gets old hearing kids whine about their "right" to smoke pot being infringed upon, and that they also want to own guns, so how do the do both and get away with it legally? It has made me relatively calloused on this matter, and somewhat skeptical when I see this come up.
I don't see any fault in you trying to stay legit and legal, if that is truly what you are trying to do, and I would most certainly commend you for doing so. However, I would make a point of STRONGLY suggesting you take a close second (even third) look at this requirement to have an MMJ card to remain/become employed, and the legality of it as well (not to mention the potential rammifications of said possession as well).

P.S. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a kid at heart either. I admittedly am as well. I still get all giddy every time I fire any kind of high-powered firearm, or see 12 gauge shells liquify soda cans or water mellons in front of em. There is no greater joy in life, save watching your chlidren experience the wonders life has to offer for themselves the first time.

pbchief2
09-30-2011, 8:04 AM
Thank you for the in depth reply. The offense I took was for myself and not the use of MMJ. I'm not a user and have no plans to be. I also apologize for taking offense to your post. After reading my initial post, I realized it was very vague and left much to the skeptic to fill in. I'd say more, but this phones keyboard is too small for by fat fingers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gatesbox
09-30-2011, 8:40 AM
There is no such thing as a "Marijuana prescription".

The doctor's simply write in your medical records that they believe that using MJ would be beneficial in the treatment of ___________(insert ficticious malady).

A doctor would get into very deep Federal doodoo if he actually wrote out a prescription for MJ.

Wow, thanks for parsing out the definition of a prescription versus a doctors recommendation letter, that really doesn't add to any part of this conversation. MMJ clinics are run by board certified physicians who issue "recommendations" for the use of MMJ in the treatment of chronic illness. They often issue multiple "letters" with doctors signature, including short form for use in a vehicle in the event of a traffic stop, the long official letter for use in providing evidence to a dispensary, and some issue a clinic produced "ID" card for quick identification and information about verification that a patients "recommendation" is current and has not expired.

None of which gets them in "federal doodoo" for the primary reason that the physician does not supply the "medication" or "medicine" (both terms used by all dispensaries).

bigcalidave
09-30-2011, 9:40 AM
....In all honesty, there is no way on earth a job can LEGALLY force you to break federal law to become/remain employed there. If they did, there would be a MONUMENTAL sh*t storm that followed.......

Without a valid recommendation they aren't even allowed in the dispensary. Handling, possession, general proximity would all violate state law if they didn't have the mmj rec and serve as a "Caregiver" There is no sh*tstorm, this is state vs feds, and we the people are getting caught up in the middle of it, forced to foot the bill that the state of California should be handling.

Once 215 was passed, and the voters intent made into law in this state, the state should have the obligation to defend the intent of the voters against the federal government. California needs to stand up for its citizens and stop this harassment.

Kharn
09-30-2011, 9:48 AM
Distribution of marijuana is a federal crime. You would be prohibited for taking part in such activities even if you did not smoke it.

Decoligny
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Wow, thanks for parsing out the definition of a prescription versus a doctors recommendation letter, that really doesn't add to any part of this conversation. MMJ clinics are run by board certified physicians who issue "recommendations" for the use of MMJ in the treatment of chronic illness. They often issue multiple "letters" with doctors signature, including short form for use in a vehicle in the event of a traffic stop, the long official letter for use in providing evidence to a dispensary, and some issue a clinic produced "ID" card for quick identification and information about verification that a patients "recommendation" is current and has not expired.

None of which gets them in "federal doodoo" for the primary reason that the physician does not supply the "medication" or "medicine" (both terms used by all dispensaries).

The point was to show that there is a MAJOR difference between the above described "recommendation letter" and a real "prescription".

If the doctor wrote an actual prescription for a drug that is illegal on the federal level, then that doctor would be liable for federal prosecution for doing so. They would most likely lose their medical license and do time in Club Fed. That is the doodoo they will have stepped in.

Too many people say "But I have a prescription for medical marijuana!"

Clarity and accuracy in terminology use is critical when dealing with gun laws, and also when dealing with any other laws.

Ubermcoupe
09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
...are not in my position... My 2nd ammendment rights are important, but the stability of my family
is also at stake... The last thing I need in my finacial situation is to be a test
case or be seperated from my family for a federal vacation.

I am not in your position, I concur with the importance of 2A rights, I would do anything for my family.

Now if you are asking my opinion, I would not chance this type of action because it becomes part of a record. Forgetting about MMJ for a second, when the market picks up what are you going to put as a reference, or how will you describe your duties when asked during your next interview (assuming you intend to not stay in the position you are applying for now forever).

Legally, there is something to be said about the fact that you have no documented use/abuse of "xxxx" but MMJ card/recommendation is a step in that direction. ALSO: what will be your reasoning for this recommendation? If you do not have a legitimate reason to warrant MMJ than anything you put down to get one will be a lie (unless 'I need it for my job' is sufficient reason).
Yes ATF has put out this letter but all it says is for FFLs to not process transfers of those in violation(inferring that those with MMJ cards are unlawful consumers/abusers), how does your FFL know you are in violation?

There is a lot of conjecture/unknowns surrounding this but if you want MY opinion, stay out of it. You said yourself you would hate to be away from your family. If this jobs puts you in a position that MAY lead you into legal trouble, will it be worth it then?

I do not mean or intend to sound sarcastic but I hope these are other things you have discussed with your wife(presuming)/family and really think this through.
Best of luck pbchief2.

HBrebel
09-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I would stay away from working at an MMJ shop. There was a string of busts here in Kern awhile back, one case everyone that worked at the shop is now doing fed. time. One guy used to live across the street from me when we were kids, he was working in a security role, not selling the stuff and he is doing the same amount of time as the employees that sold the weed.some security he was

Mr. Beretta
09-30-2011, 3:49 PM
The job is not worth it IMHO.

I'm a betting man but from what I've read so far in this thread (and what I read in the news), the possible risks far out weigh the benefits.

Good Luck.

ivsamhell
09-30-2011, 4:59 PM
I'm with Bill on this one. It actually brings up some very interesting questions.

If you have a Prop 215 recommendation (there really is no such thing as a "card"), but do not actually partake in the weed, and can be tested to show that (or alternatively, you have a caregivers form which prevents you by law from intake of pot), can the feds restrict your 2A? I would say "probably not".

Federal law is rather specific regarding firearms purchases and pot. You must be a user and/or addict of the illegal controlled substance. Just having a simple state authorization does not make you a user at all. ESPECIALLY with a caregivers form, where state law explicitly makes it illegal for you to use as well.

So, in all reality, if you DO NOT USE, you are probably perfectly fine. Also, don't tell the FFL that you have a Prop 215 recommendation or a caregivers form.

Now, there are certainly other issues with you working at a dispensary in the presence of MMJ and/or you handling it. Federal law will look upon that as distribution and that brings its own felonies. Commission of a felony while in possession of a firearm is usually a bad thing.

I was under the impression you can register with the county to get a card, beyond the doctors recommendation.

CHS
09-30-2011, 5:23 PM
I was under the impression you can register with the county to get a card, beyond the doctors recommendation.

Yes, you can get a card IF you have a recommendation. However, the card is useless and meaningless. It carries no legal weight whatsoever. If anything, it's just one more way of getting onto a list that says you might possible be unlawfully using marijuana (federally).

Fjold
09-30-2011, 6:08 PM
Get the scrip from your doctor but never use marijuana. That way you can get the job and truthfully answer that you are not a user of or addicted to, any illegal drugs.

Munk
09-30-2011, 10:28 PM
If you just wanted to randomly have a MMJ card for the helluvit and were tested daily/weekly to show no use - that might be a good case.

I am not sure a biz could really demand you have an MMJ card (esp if a nonuser) given the whole Fed illegality - but then the biz is Federally illegal too.

The first part is how I envisioned the legal folks taking down any restriction that was based on having the card.

In the second, the MMJ card is based upon a medical "necessity". If the person has no medical need for MMJ, then they shouldn't be issued a card. If they ARE issued a card, then the doctor is effectively writing an illegal prescription (kinda like giving an addict a scrip for an opiate).

*There are so many absurd and unprovable "excuses" for getting the card that they're almost handed out on request, but you do need an "excuse".

speeder
10-01-2011, 6:14 AM
THANK YOU MUNK! Perfect my man!

Now, am I missing something? Why do you need a "medical marijuana card" just for work if you don't plan to smoke? Isn't the MJ card used for the "identificaton of a person whom has a doctors recomenation for the "use" of MJ?" So, again, if your not a smoker why would one need the card?

Oh, nevermind, to get away with smoking marijuana?

Is there some kind of "other document" for a caregiver / transporter / distributor, that doesn't specify the consumption of MJ?

I also read some where in this thread about some doctors note for justifying the "use of MJ while in a vehicle?" Must be the same doctor that recomends a little wiskey drinking in the vehicle too?

BTW, I voted for 215 after hearing how it helped the quality of life for people suffering with cancer, AIDS, and other terminal illness's. Most every one I talk to that have the card say they got it for a bunch of BS reasons. I'd have more respect if they just said, "I like to smoke weed." Heck, I even voted to legalize it. I don't smoke it, just tired of seeing this BS ploy (abiet, not every case).

CSACANNONEER
10-01-2011, 6:37 AM
The problem I see is not one of having a card and not using. It's more about having a firearm (if the position requires carrying a firearm) while distributing a federally illegal substance. I'm just thinking that, if you are an armed gaurd, you're probably the one who will go down with the firearms enhancements should the Feds ever raid the place. So, without partaking or actually dealing, you might end up doing the most time.

TKM
10-01-2011, 7:11 AM
100% correct, and it's a ****ty situation. The Physicians rec is private, so you can't be put in a registry or list without actually following the recommendations of sb420, which made the optional "Card"

This HAS to go to the supreme court, and it should be interesting. Legalization, patients rights, states rights, 2A, so many factors. Not going to be an easy case.

The government doesn't have the ability to ban your 2A practice, that's settled. Methods are being worked on next, like carry, but in the meantime does someone following state law, who is not a convicted felon, really lose that right?

Please read this article. Privacy goes Poof!! up in smoke, as it were.

http://www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/article-9465-medical-marijuana-patients-are-in-collective-denial.html

pbchief2
10-01-2011, 9:27 AM
The problem I see is not one of having a card and not using. It's more about having a firearm (if the position requires carrying a firearm) while distributing a federally illegal substance. I'm just thinking that, if you are an armed gaurd, you're probably the one who will go down with the firearms enhancements should the Feds ever raid the place. So, without partaking or actually dealing, you might end up doing the most time.

This point was made earlier with an example of someone being lumped in for distribution. That's was enough of a deterrent for me. It was explained to me that I needed to be part of the collective to be employed on the premises. As I read into it more, the advantage to them getting more members on file is being able to have more product on hand. So I get to continue looking for full time work. I want to thank those of you who posted an opinion on the original post

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ubermcoupe
10-01-2011, 10:29 AM
So I get to continue looking for full time work. I want to thank those of you who posted an opinion on the original post

Glad you put some more research into it and made a decision. Best of luck with the job search, I know it's tough out there to find something steady. :)

ivsamhell
10-01-2011, 11:29 AM
THANK YOU MUNK! Perfect my man!

Now, am I missing something? Why do you need a "medical marijuana card" just for work if you don't plan to smoke? Isn't the MJ card used for the "identificaton of a person whom has a doctors recomenation for the "use" of MJ?" So, again, if your not a smoker why would one need the card?

Oh, nevermind, to get away with smoking marijuana?

Is there some kind of "other document" for a caregiver / transporter / distributor, that doesn't specify the consumption of MJ?

I also read some where in this thread about some doctors note for justifying the "use of MJ while in a vehicle?" Must be the same doctor that recomends a little wiskey drinking in the vehicle too?

BTW, I voted for 215 after hearing how it helped the quality of life for people suffering with cancer, AIDS, and other terminal illness's. Most every one I talk to that have the card say they got it for a bunch of BS reasons. I'd have more respect if they just said, "I like to smoke weed." Heck, I even voted to legalize it. I don't smoke it, just tired of seeing this BS ploy (abiet, not every case).

Because dispensaries are non profit collectives between patients. If you aren't a patient, you can't be involved.

Kharn
10-01-2011, 1:02 PM
Get the scrip from your doctor but never use marijuana. That way you can get the job and truthfully answer that you are not a user of or addicted to, any illegal drugs.The federal crime for carrying, using or transporting a firearm while engaged in drug trafficking is punishable by five years in prison.

Mike's Custom
10-01-2011, 1:23 PM
I was saying this would happen all along and it is also why I vote to NOT legalize MJ. The AFT letter is correct since the FEDs classify it as illegal or controled. If you have a MED. MJ license you must answer YES to 11. e on the 4473 and your purchase stops at that point. If you lie on the 4473 then you have commited another crime so it is a LOSE LOSE type of thing.