PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

Palmetto State Armory
09-29-2011, 7:34 AM
What would you, the California firearm owner like to see from us? Specific products, or services? This is your thread to help advise us in how to serve you better. I cannot guarantee anything, but we will take all reasonable posts into consideration.

We highly appreciate all of our CA customers, and want to serve you better. :)

Thanks,

Palmetto State Armory

paintballdad
09-29-2011, 8:23 AM
A bit selfish on my part since this will be my next AR build, a 14.5" lightweight carbine.

How about adding some lightweight profile barrels to your complete upper selection? And adding more variety to your rifle kits. You have excellent prices on complete uppers and rifle kits, just need a wider selection.

Palmetto State Armory
09-29-2011, 8:39 AM
We are adding new rifle kits often, and we have lightweight complete upper options planned for early 2012.

triplestack3
09-29-2011, 9:15 AM
maybe 7.5" pistol upper?

Palmetto State Armory
09-29-2011, 11:32 AM
maybe 7.5" pistol upper?

Pistol uppers and associated parts are currently in the works. I don't have an ETA, but hopefully soon!

wisefire
09-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Shipping handguns to california

Palmetto State Armory
09-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Shipping handguns to california

We do ship handguns to California, but they must not be on the ban list. Any non-compliant magazines will be removed before shipment.
We can, however, ship banned handguns to law enforcement personnel. They must provide the proper paperwork for us to do so.

deviljon
09-29-2011, 2:34 PM
When do you think we can start seeing semi-custom orders? I agree with everyone else that you have great products/services/prices, and I think many people wouldn't mind a longer wait period to have their complete uppers purchased exactly the way they want it (instead of having to make changes here and there). If they're really made to order, then it shouldn't be too big of a deal, right?

Just saying :) Keep up the good work!

Palmetto State Armory
09-30-2011, 6:43 AM
When do you think we can start seeing semi-custom orders? I agree with everyone else that you have great products/services/prices, and I think many people wouldn't mind a longer wait period to have their complete uppers purchased exactly the way they want it (instead of having to make changes here and there). If they're really made to order, then it shouldn't be too big of a deal, right?

Just saying :) Keep up the good work!

Yes, we make every upper receiver to order. The downside of entirely custom orders is that the armorers must "break their mold" so to speak on whichever uppers they are building at the time. The other problem is that we may not have items in stock at the time, or the customer won't list enough information and be unhappy with the final product.
Small things, such as swapping gas blocks or muzzle devices can usually be done, but you will need to contact us before order to confirm what you want done (and if we can do it at the time).
We do plan to have more flexible options when our upgraded website is available.

deviljon
09-30-2011, 7:19 AM
Awesome! I've already decided that my money will be spent with you guys, just have to sit tight now.

nick
10-01-2011, 9:18 PM
Would be nice if you guys started shipping mag rebuild kits to CA. Other than that, I'm surprised you don't have any A2 stocks on your site. Yours was the first site I went to when I needed one (you're my #1 site to check when it comes to ordering AR stuff), but sadly you didn't have one.

Also, any word on when you might get decent 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 uppers? I have a few lowers waiting for those.

den888
10-02-2011, 7:45 AM
Always enjoyed shopping with you folks. A lot of your ammo selections are "out of stock".
Can anything be done to improve this situation?

Palmetto State Armory
10-03-2011, 6:58 AM
Would be nice if you guys started shipping mag rebuild kits to CA. Other than that, I'm surprised you don't have any A2 stocks on your site. Yours was the first site I went to when I needed one (you're my #1 site to check when it comes to ordering AR stuff), but sadly you didn't have one.

Also, any word on when you might get decent 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 uppers? I have a few lowers waiting for those.

I'm not very familiar with who manufactures the best magazine rebuild kits, but I will look into this. We currently have A2 stocks on order and they should hopefully be available soon! I don't believe we have any 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 uppers in the works. We are working on 6.8 and .308 for this year.

Always enjoyed shopping with you folks. A lot of your ammo selections are "out of stock".
Can anything be done to improve this situation?

The "out of stock" ammunition generally falls under waiting on availability, or it is something we no longer offer. The ones we no longer offer need to be removed from the website completely. What caliber/brand were you interested in?

Uriah02
10-03-2011, 7:40 AM
I would like the ammo prices displayed on the out of stock items so I can know if it is worth it to wait for items to be in stock or not. Even better if the out of stock items link wouldn't be removed so we can look at the specifics of the ammo. I check the site at least once a week and it seems either your bulk ammo boxes (5.56/.308) sell out quickly or there hasn't been a shipment in a while.

Palmetto State Armory
10-03-2011, 8:20 AM
I would like the ammo prices displayed on the out of stock items so I can know if it is worth it to wait for items to be in stock or not. Even better if the out of stock items link wouldn't be removed so we can look at the specifics of the ammo. I check the site at least once a week and it seems either your bulk ammo boxes (5.56/.308) sell out quickly or there hasn't been a shipment in a while.

This is already in the works once our new website is done. We are making a lot of changes so that the website is more user friendly. Our checkout system is also changing to a more reliable system. We are expecting the new website to go live within the next week or two.

gsrious
10-05-2011, 3:31 PM
i want to see you stock your SS complete 6.8spc2 upper with troy hand gaurd again

Uriah02
10-06-2011, 4:38 AM
This is already in the works once our new website is done. We are making a lot of changes so that the website is more user friendly. Our checkout system is also changing to a more reliable system. We are expecting the new website to go live within the next week or two.

:rockon:
Looking forward to it!

0351USMC
10-10-2011, 2:47 PM
AK rifles other then WASR and 7.62x39 ammos

imperials
10-10-2011, 9:50 PM
Add different shipping options Basic UPS ground is SLOOOOWWW!!! USPS priority on non ammo items???? I know UPS has different ground options as well.

Palmetto State Armory
10-11-2011, 7:21 AM
Add different shipping options Basic UPS ground is SLOOOOWWW!!! USPS priority on non ammo items???? I know UPS has different ground options as well.

They do have other options, but these other options are more expensive.

imperials
10-11-2011, 2:53 PM
They do have other options, but these other options are more expensive.

You must have to call in to get shipping options because when you place an order online there is no choice(s) on shipping. I would pay a little extra for faster shipping.

wash
10-11-2011, 3:01 PM
I was drooling over your complete rifle kits with hammer forged barrels earlier.

I have two suggestions:

1, make a "Premium" kit with CTR, MIAD grip and MOE handguard.

2, get FN to make a pencil barrel profile 14.5" hammer forged barrel either carbine gas or mid-length.

Do those two and you would have one hell of a light weight K.I.S.S. carbine kit.

baih777
10-12-2011, 6:14 PM
you might to consider contacting Turners to sell your lowers. they are selling other lowers also now. but when you guys where selling them for $49 i was going to buy three or four but the FFLS out here wanted $60.00 to $150.00 for each lower plus tax. it would be much easier to buy the lower from Turners and buy a rifle kit online or you can consignment to Turners 10 or more rifle kits to sell over the counter.
fyi. JD, Spikes, and a few others go on sale at different stores here for $99.00 or lower

Peter.Steele
10-13-2011, 4:37 PM
Since y'all're in South Carolina, I want a rollmark that looks like the face of this, but with 99 vice 09.

http://externalaffairs.citadel.edu/files/Image/sy08-09/Ring%202009%20web.jpg

kalaca
10-18-2011, 3:43 PM
Are you guys able to send the ar patrol rifle with aim point pro scope package to California yet I received an email saying that you could not ship to California would really like to get some status on this subject thanks!

onequickshift
10-18-2011, 5:29 PM
I see some great prices on kits, but only actually need an upper complete to finish one rifle, and I also have a PSD Pistol and a Spikes Pistol here in CA, would love to be able to get similar length uppers, so I can use them with the pistol lowers I already have, kind of want to keep my LWRC psd upper nice and minty if I decide to sell it. Never ordered an upper from you guys, but would love too :)

Otherwise I love all my orders with you guys, and customer service, and quick arrival time! Keep it up!

rescuerigger
10-18-2011, 7:32 PM
I have made several purchases from you, and agree with the frustration on your continual listing of out of stock ammo.

I also have enjoined your fast shipping and low prices

But, it seems your shipping price on ammo is set per bulk purchase. If the shipping listed is $12 for 200 rds (20rd boxes) for instance, then your website still charges $12 even if you only purchase one 20rd box. Can you explain?

Palmetto State Armory
10-19-2011, 5:29 AM
Are you guys able to send the ar patrol rifle with aim point pro scope package to California yet I received an email saying that you could not ship to California would really like to get some status on this subject thanks!

Yes, we can configure them to be CA legal. This thread has all of the information: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=482987
I will make sure the CS reps are up to date with shipping to CA. Sorry for any confusion.

The shipping on ammunition is flat rate, and depends on the caliber.

2600fromAtari
10-21-2011, 4:51 PM
Bullet button, single shot exemptions on AR pistols:

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/8802.php

Palmetto State Armory
10-24-2011, 5:24 AM
Bullet button, single shot exemptions on AR pistols:

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/8802.php

We have the bullet buttons, but I am not familiar with the single shot exemption. Do you have a link to some literature I can read on the subject?

spdrcr
10-24-2011, 10:03 AM
We have the bullet buttons, but I am not familiar with the single shot exemption. Do you have a link to some literature I can read on the subject?

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692

jmargo
10-25-2011, 8:48 PM
Faster processing for in stock items. I purchased the lower parts kit with the MOE furniture and it took a few days to even leave your business. That with a 5 day UPS ship time and weekends took my order out to almost two weeks.

FastFinger
10-25-2011, 9:37 PM
I bought a few of your lowers several months ago, and then a couple of weeks ago I ordered your complete upper along with your LPK & MOE furniture - both deals went smoothly and quickly - great experiences.

So my only suggestion is - - - keep it up!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/558/wide2.jpg

Palmetto State Armory
10-26-2011, 5:37 AM
Faster processing for in stock items. I purchased the lower parts kit with the MOE furniture and it took a few days to even leave your business. That with a 5 day UPS ship time and weekends took my order out to almost two weeks.

I apologize for the inconvenience with your order. Accessories should ship within 1-2 business days, but sometimes we do get swamped with orders. Our shipping dept. works very diligently in getting out orders fast and accurate.

FastFinger, nice looking rifle!

DaddyIsPacking
11-15-2011, 6:07 PM
How about another group buy on lowers for us members that are new to the fold and missed out last time? It makes sense for CA buyers if you can set a price around $50. That way it's $50 + shipping + $50 transfer + $25 DROS = $130-$140 which is approximately the OTD for sale priced lowers bought locally. (I know, I know...but I can dream can't I?...)

P.S. You are building quite a following in the far West!

mpolter
11-15-2011, 7:55 PM
One can dream for a 16" AR-45 upper and mags. Only 2 manufacturers out there right now :)

Group 4
11-15-2011, 8:38 PM
How about 10 round AR mags?

Palmetto State Armory
11-16-2011, 6:16 AM
Keep your eyes open for another $50 lower sale coming up..

Not sure about any pistol caliber ARs at this time, sorry.

We do have PSA (D&H) 10 round magazines.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/1808.php

Group 4
11-16-2011, 2:48 PM
"We do have PSA (D&H) 10 round magazines.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/1808.php"

Thank you; didn't see them, obviously.

Dr Rockso
11-16-2011, 3:00 PM
I have a hunch that a an upper with a 16" chrome-lined barrel with midlength gas system in 5.45x39 would sell pretty well.

DaddyIsPacking
11-16-2011, 4:37 PM
Keep your eyes open for another $50 lower sale coming up..

Nice :thumbsup:

LOW2000
12-08-2011, 5:56 PM
Is the Black Friday sale the only $50 lower deal you're going to be doing/have done?

Been keeping an eye out for a CalGuns group buy since you originally mentioned it way back on the first page of the AR15.com group buy.

I'd like to buy a gross of lowers (thats the unit of measure for a bunch of lowers right? ;) )

Palmetto State Armory
12-12-2011, 5:56 AM
The BF lower sale was the 4th or 5th we have done so far. They happen sporadically, and usually around a holiday. I'm sure we will have another sometime next year.

0331Marine
12-14-2011, 9:59 AM
I would like better customer service. I've sent 2 emails trying to get a tracking number and have not recieved a respone and I get the same recording when I call. Its been 11 days since I placed my order.

CalTeacher
12-14-2011, 1:36 PM
I would like better customer service. I've sent 2 emails trying to get a tracking number and have not recieved a respone and I get the same recording when I call. Its been 11 days since I placed my order.

this makes two of us. I emailed and got no response.

I ordered some stuff on 12/1, got a tracking number on the 8th, which initially said the scheduled deliver would be 12/14. Then the order was apparently split up into two shipments, with one still in the "order processed" phase, and the other "in transit" that looks like it won't be here until 12/19. I don't think it should take this long to get an upper receiver. I still don't know if one of the shipments is even en route.

roushstage2
12-14-2011, 10:08 PM
My one complaint was the customer service as well. Not that it is "bad," but that it takes so long for a response. I had e-mailed asking if it were possible to upgrade my upper to the MOE version two days, on 12/5, after I had ordered it (I ordered it at like 3AM 12/2). A week later, this Monday (12/12), I got an e-mail back telling me it would be a $40 fee and that they assumed I knew this and that I wanted them to charge my CC for it, so they did, without me directly authorizing said charge. They said to let them know if I didn't want to pay the $40 and they would cancel it. I e-mailed them right back, within like 30 minutes of receiving said e-mail, and said no as that is double the cost of the upgrade option on their site and almost double the cost of the handguard if I were to buy it elsewhere. Never heard back, my CC was charged the $40, and now my upper has shipped as of 8:38PM last night. Basically, they had 3 full days to read my e-mail declining the charge, and nothing came of it. I'm curious if I'll even get an e-mail back at all now that the upper has shipped. I paid $40 for a $20 handguard because customer service is quite honestly taking way to long to get back to people.

Other than the customer service issue, I've got 0 complaints with PSA and their products. Their site does state it takes 10 business days from the time of order for an upper to ship. I got my tracking number on the 8th as well, and my delivery date is 12/20.

CalTeacher
12-15-2011, 6:41 AM
I learned that when you get your tracking number, that's when they have just started building your upper. Well, if you get your tracking number 8 days after you placed your order, that means it took 8 days for them to even begin working on it, plus another 10 to assemble. I'm not sure why it takes up to 18 days to ship an upper, but perhaps they are backlogged with Christmas orders.

I've heard nothing but great things about their products, so let's just hope the wait is worth it.

roushstage2
12-15-2011, 9:56 AM
I learned that when you get your tracking number, that's when they have just started building your upper. Well, if you get your tracking number 8 days after you placed your order, that means it took 8 days for them to even begin working on it, plus another 10 to assemble. I'm not sure why it takes up to 18 days to ship an upper, but perhaps they are backlogged with Christmas orders.

I've heard nothing but great things about their products, so let's just hope the wait is worth it.
They create the shipping label when you get the tracking number. I figured that out when I actually read the tracking screen. I placed my order on the 2nd, got the tracking number the 8th, and my upper shipped on the 13th. They do indeed have a lot of holiday orders. The more recent post on this site about their uppers, I just saw the other day, says expect a wait of up to 15 days for the uppers to go out. Just trying to pass along the info that I know. :)
Other than the customer service issue, I've got 0 complaints with PSA and their products. Their site does state it takes 10 business days from the time of order for an upper to ship. I got my tracking number on the 8th as well, and my delivery date is 12/20.
I made my complaint about customer service, so to be completely fair, I will give the other half now. Whoever it is that logs into this site for PSA had my order number from before when I could not reach anyone. This person looked into my issue with the CC charge, and took care of it. As far as I am concerned, my one and only issue has been taken care of, and for that I am very appreciative and thankful! Thank you once more to PSA!

CalTeacher
12-15-2011, 11:13 AM
They create the shipping label when you get the tracking number. I figured that out when I actually read the tracking screen. I placed my order on the 2nd, got the tracking number the 8th, and my upper shipped on the 13th. They do indeed have a lot of holiday orders. The more recent post on this site about their uppers, I just saw the other day, says expect a wait of up to 15 days for the uppers to go out. Just trying to pass along the info that I know. :)

I made my complaint about customer service, so to be completely fair, I will give the other half now. Whoever it is that logs into this site for PSA had my order number from before when I could not reach anyone. This person looked into my issue with the CC charge, and took care of it. As far as I am concerned, my one and only issue has been taken care of, and for that I am very appreciative and thankful! Thank you once more to PSA!

Indeed. They have since contacted me and have let me know exactly what is going on. Kudos to them.

Splinter
12-26-2011, 10:05 PM
I would love better, or should I say ANY customer service. Im now at 1/2 a dozen emails and 1/2 a dozen phones calls unanswered before and after my purchase. The one bit of info I got steered me in the wrong direction. At this point I am really feeling uneasy about my purchase of a PSA upper...

Palmetto State Armory
12-28-2011, 5:40 AM
I would love better, or should I say ANY customer service. Im now at 1/2 a dozen emails and 1/2 a dozen phones calls unanswered before and after my purchase. The one bit of info I got steered me in the wrong direction. At this point I am really feeling uneasy about my purchase of a PSA upper...

I can't speak for them as I don't work with customer service, but the phone lines generally stay busy. The phone lines should be open 9am-5pm EST, but I'm not sure what the best time to call is.

If you PM me with your inquiry I may be able to answer it for you.

Splinter
12-28-2011, 8:46 AM
Resent PM from 12/13

SDS-Ruger
12-29-2011, 8:42 AM
Is anyone answering the phones at PSA I have been trying to call for the last 3 day and no one picks up the phone. and have not received a reply to my email that I sent 3 days ago through the contact section on the website.

wanting to buy some stuff from you guys, but wanted to get my questions answered because I'm trying to make a choice between 2 of your company's products.

Palmetto State Armory
01-02-2012, 5:32 AM
Yes, the phones are being answered. We only have two phone lines, and they receive a pretty high call volume. It can be difficult to get through, especially at this time of the year. We are planning to have a new phone system in place sometime this year.

Uxi
01-04-2012, 8:02 AM
CGN specials, either monthly or weekly.

Chaos47
01-04-2012, 5:30 PM
CGN specials, either monthly or weekly.
+1 :D

coltn46920
01-06-2012, 5:08 PM
Magazine Rebuild kits.

Tyson
01-06-2012, 8:02 PM
More phone support please! I've never spoke with someone on the phone, or received an email back for that matter.

RuggedJay
01-09-2012, 10:41 AM
How about a 20" lightweight rifle upper :)

beatstanfurd
01-09-2012, 4:16 PM
When should we see the new website go live?

Palmetto State Armory
01-10-2012, 5:50 AM
The new website is live now, and we are working on getting new employees to help with CS. If you can PM me some general information on magazine rebuild kits I will look into that as well.

beatstanfurd
01-10-2012, 9:08 AM
Like the new site. You guys still adding products to the site? Don't see a HF barrel option for the full rifle kits.

thanks

chillincody
01-10-2012, 9:22 AM
i noticed you guys got no ar pistol uppers if you get any in pm me !!!

newglockster
01-10-2012, 9:50 AM
(more?) 16" uppers with 1:8" twist rate would be awesome! I may be needing one this year. :)

Palmetto State Armory
01-10-2012, 1:40 PM
We will be adding new items to the website ASAP! Thanks for everyone's patience.

deviljon
01-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Would PSA be willing to do a group buy on ammo if there's enough interest?

roushstage2
01-18-2012, 2:11 PM
The new website is live now, and we are working on getting new employees to help with CS. If you can PM me some general information on magazine rebuild kits I will look into that as well.
Kudos guys!