PDA

View Full Version : Gun sales to medical pot users a Catch-22

BluNorthern
09-29-2011, 7:29 AM
"Gun sales officially known as gun transfers are controlled by federal law, which doesn't recognize the use of marijuana under any circumstances as a lawful activity."

http://www.orovillemr.com/news/ci_19001277

State's Rights issue, personal freedom advocates, or just druggies wanting to own guns?
Everyone knows that, possibly exempting chronic pain sufferers (later stages of cancer, etc) the medical marijuana thing is just a scam to 'legally' get stoned.
I don't think this jibes with the 'personal responsibility and obeying the law' that I would think most here agree with, but then I've been wrong before.
For every one user with a possible reason to use pot in a real medical sense, there are hundreds that are just using it to get high without repercussions...and this is from someone who has been in pain (back) most of his adult life and wouldn't think of using the stuff.

And then we throw in the firearms aspect...

gatesbox
09-29-2011, 7:34 AM
Potential dupe, since the alleged ATF letter to FFLs popped up on the forum......

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=482371

These threads haven't been going well..

Spirit 1
09-29-2011, 7:41 AM
Amen! A friend of mine is legally, medically classified as 100% Disabled for life. Extensive & intensive medical & psychological evaluations postively determined that his chronic use of marijuana had done permanent and irreparable brain damage. Their is no hope of him ever recovering.

As a close personal friend many years back, he honestly confided to me that he had never, ever used any other drugs [like hallucinogens that cause permanent damage too] and that he simply never liked alcohol so rarely drank. He's now a stumbling, mumbling semi-veggie, water him once a week: marijuana!

But all those that use medical marijuana don't really have to worry about losing their guns by this new BATFE determination, no, not at all. Just join the Sinaloa Drug Cartel and BATFE will deliver AK47's right to your door, and maybe pay for them too! How cool is that?