PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered Vortex Viper pst 1-4x24 for my AR

Rexxss98
09-29-2011, 7:22 AM
Sup Guys!
I placed my order with Optics Planet and called in cause I was not sure which mount to get. They told me they were on back order and would give me a 5% discount if I pre ordered with them. 499 - 5% was like 474 something for just the scope. I want quality but at the same time I thought for that price, I just couldn't pass it up. The only thing else I was looking at was a SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm that someone here recommended. Unfortunately that scope would set me back for 800. Anyway here's a pic I got off the internet of what I ordered and I'll be sure to update this later when it comes in, hopefully by next week.

uscbigdawg
09-29-2011, 8:14 AM
Great scope. Have one on my new 3-Gun rifle and got it from Mike at CS Tactical (http://www.cstactical.com/). He's in Elk Grove (just south of Sacramento) and I try to keep as much California money with California companies as I can. If we (especially in the shooting community) don't support each other, we all fail.

Soap box done. You'll be VERY happy with that scope.

Rich

HK Dave
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Good choice. :)

Bladewurk
10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I just ran mine today at Angeles. A nice scope just be careful about bumping the turrets accidentally. After I zeroed and set the zero stops I just check quickly when uncasing or preparing to fire. After engaging the steel I got a nice 3 shot group at 100 yards measuring .556 :D. with my 18 inch barreled AR shooting Hornady 75 gr..The reticle is nice..I dont like that they put the name of the reticle etched in the glass but no biggie..allows good precision although I usually shoot illumination off. Good choice!

Rexxss98
10-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I just got it in today finally. Whats even better is...I requested 2nd day Fed Ex and it ended up shipping regular. I called the place and talked to the boss, he was kind enough to knock off 30 bucks and refund my shipping costs. I wish every place I ordered from did that. This thing is sold out everywhere, so I ended up buying one all the way from NY. Not sure if they got anymore....http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexviperpst1-4x24

h0use
10-22-2011, 11:57 AM
very nice scope!

goodlookin1
10-23-2011, 12:10 PM
I have one and like it a lot. I did, however, just send it back to Vortex to clean some dust off the internal reticle lens. But that is free, of course....other than shipping it to them.