PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys buy your magazines? also PSA question

951temec
09-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Hey where do you guys get your magazines ?
preferably 10 round, or 10/20 magazines that come modified already rather than repair kit)

i saw the rifle gear 10/20 magpul pmags, but they were like $30 shipped and was wondering if they had a discount for calguns members?

also am i the only one having "do not honor" issues on any order through PSA?
i've emailed them like 5-6 times in the course of the month...and nothing
called them and just got the machine today, i'll try again in the morning before they start getting busy.

thanks guys

GuillermoAntonio
09-29-2011, 2:53 AM
go to market place here in calguns, search for exile machine.
great prices.

GuillermoAntonio
09-29-2011, 2:56 AM
no one will ship you mags that are more than 10 rounds, unless they are disassembled and sold as repair kits.
its illegal to use them for most of us.
you can buy 10/30's from some retailers.

Scratch705
09-29-2011, 3:37 AM
i got the tangodown arc magazines from midway. about $21 before shipping and they are 10/30 magazines. price is in line with most retailer made 10/30's but more expensive than doing your own from rebuilt kits.

not sure on the "do not honor" error you have been getting from Palmetto State Armory. What does that error entail? they won't ship you anything or ?

MrPlink
09-29-2011, 3:38 AM
no one will ship you mags that are more than 10 rounds, unless they are disassembled and sold as repair kits.
its illegal to use them for most of us.
you can buy 10/30's from some retailers.

only illegal to use in a mag locked gun actually.
Its illegal for them to sell/send to you is the issue.

Not the issue though, but yeah give Exile a holler.
Good shop and big calgun supporter!

slopoke
09-29-2011, 3:58 AM
http://www.44mag.com/

baih777
09-29-2011, 4:39 AM
i had issues with my order from PSA beginning of this month also. i think on the recording there give a second number to call. try that one. it did take him two days to get back to me.

Palmetto State Armory
09-29-2011, 6:23 AM
called them and just got the machine today, i'll try again in the morning before they start getting busy.

thanks guys

This is an intermittent issue that some customers have. It's usually caused by high volume of orders at the time you try purchasing, or a problem with your credit card company. I can have someone process your order over the phone if you can message me your phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Thanks,

951temec
09-29-2011, 8:37 AM
This is an intermittent issue that some customers have. It's usually caused by high volume of orders at the time you try purchasing, or a problem with your credit card company. I can have someone process your order over the phone if you can message me your phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Thanks,

awesome, that would be great actually

GettoPhilosopher
09-29-2011, 9:21 AM

Thanks,

Proactive customer service for the win. I just got my MOE LPK yesterday and built my rifle, definitely a big fan of the price and the quality. You guys'll definitely be seeing more orders from me in the future.

evidens83
09-29-2011, 9:25 AM
44mag (http://www.44mag.com/product/d_h_ar15_10_round_magazine/223_ar15_magazines)

Anchors
09-29-2011, 9:51 AM
If you're in the 951, you can come pick up 10/30 and 10/20 PMags in person at RifleGear to save on the shipping. The brick and mortar location is in Orange County :)
You can actually pay on the website and pick them up in person like will-call too.

Brown Rock
09-29-2011, 9:52 AM
Hey where do you guys get your magazines ?
preferably 10 round, or 10/20 magazines that come modified already rather than repair kit)

i saw the rifle gear 10/20 magpul pmags, but they were like $30 shipped and was wondering if they had a discount for calguns members?

thanks guys

That's normal for PSA. They rarely answer emails in a timely manner. Usually you'll get a response in a couple of days.

BAGunner
09-29-2011, 9:52 AM
http://www.exilemachine.net for all my magazine rebuild kit needs. They stock most of the magazines, and they don't charge a fee to disassemble them. If I have to build my 10/20 again, I will go with the 20 PMAGs and Magpul 10 round limiters. You can throw out the unblocked mag plates if you are on the cautious side.

h0use
09-29-2011, 9:57 AM
either check market place from other calgunners or exilemachine. i have delt with them a few times. very fast shipping and great customer service!

Quickdraw Mcgraw
09-29-2011, 12:53 PM
nobody mentioned calegalmags.com they seemed like a good company to deal with.

October
09-29-2011, 2:24 PM
For what its worth, and it seems like the legality of it is divided 50/50 so you can decide what side you are on, but ordering a PMag "rebuild kit" with a round limiter and then discarding the bottom plate seems to be cost effective. You get 3 round limiters for 13 bucks and pmags are only 14 bucks off of 44mag.com and magpul ships for free.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=481962 here is the debate on it. I decided the best point made was:

"and you need to understand that there isnt a single 10rd magazine you own that I can not alter to hold an 11th round... WITHOUT TOOLS!!!! Unless you have pinned, welded and or epoxied all of them. Glock magazines, XD magazines, 10 rd AR15 magazines, 1911 Wilson combat extended magazines,... all of them can be taken apart by using finger power alone

Drop 3 or 4 spring coils out the bottom and place the floor plate back on. The spring tension will hold the plate in place and with less spring in the magazine, it will hold more than 10. hence... its illegal by your standards and the floor plate needs to be welded in place to STOP this criminal behavior.

Therefore not a SINGLE 10 round magazine you own is LEGAL... they are 100% ILLEGAL by your standards. Please turn yourself into the nearest LEA for 12020 violations and 12276.1 violations if you use them in a fixed magazine locked rifle.

thank you for your support. we don't need criminals like you goofing things up for us. LOL I am joking... don't get all bent out. Just trying to prove a point. No magazine made is permanent. No magazine altered is permanently altered by your standards.

You need to re-read the law. PA = can not be altered back without triggering illegal manufacturing violations. Thats all it means."

And then the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR31CYk4dg&feature=player_embedded

I happen to agree with the video. And apparently, so does a fellow forum member who is a LEO. Though, its his opinion, and not advice so obviously, he doesnt have the final say. But I think that would be a very good guess as to what the majority LEO's would think:

"To the Guy who asked for Leo opinion....a limiter is gtg in my book. If the mag only holds ten then I take it apart its no longer a mag...same goes for the guys who want to glue it etc...I can sit there on a t stop and tear apart your magazine. Once its in pieces its no longer a magazine. Just my opinion and not advice"

So heres all you need:

Mags
http://www.44mag.com/product/magpul_pmag_20/pmag_magazines

Limiter
http://www.44mag.com/product/10_round_limiter/42

Clean, simple do it your self way to stay legal. And then its YOUR decision whether or not you "discard" those original floor plates or not. Building the mag this way gives you the option convert back to original if you ever move out of state. Which, as explained, you can technically convert ANY mag back to high capacity.

West coast
09-29-2011, 2:42 PM
www.44mag.com and www.shootersplus.com

951temec
09-30-2011, 4:20 AM
Palmetto issue solved, decided to give it a shot before they got busy, and a few hours before i was going to phone the order in. Without a hitch.
Thank you guys.

October, i think thats a little iffy for me right now. But thats pretty innovative, i like the non-destructive nature of that modification.

i apologize for the somewhat stupid nature of this thread and i appreciate the help.
thanks again