PDA

View Full Version : Questions about voting

RossRinSD
02-04-2007, 9:21 PM
Okay, don't flame me, but I've never voted. And I've been registered and able for the last ten years. And my voting station is at my HOA clubhouse, blocks away.

Mostly, I don't know who to vote for, what they stand for....

Is there a good place that has the type of info I need out there and in plain English? Are there any upcoming propositions I should be concerned with as a CA gunowner? Will the good people at calguns.net post reminders or like a prop watch list?

TIA everybody
Ross

DedEye
02-04-2007, 11:31 PM
A lot of people like On The Issues (http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm). For gun related matters, you can usually count on the NRA-ILA for info.

Fjold
02-05-2007, 6:15 AM
There may be no one that you want for but there's always someone to vote against. Just vote for the opponent of people that you hate.

Also another good guide is to vote against any new spending.

DSA_FAL
02-05-2007, 9:34 AM
Every election, there are several threads here that discuss the various candidates. All you have to do is look and you should have enough information to make a decision.

(Personally, I think not voting because you don't have enough information is really lame, not voting on one or two questions is one thing but not the whole ballot.)

dw1784
02-05-2007, 4:01 PM
where da heck is Mike Haas?:D
besides the front pg of calguns.net, there's Fifty Caliber Institute(search for Mike Haas posts). Also there's JPFO.org. Search SemiautoSam's post in JPFO updates. Also check the state gop websites: http://republican.sen.ca.gov/

chris
02-05-2007, 4:10 PM
if you are voting in CA and the cadidate id a Democrat vote for the other guy. unless you get info from NRA-ILA they will let you know who to vote for. also since you live here are you a member of the NRA? become a member and have a voice. we need more members in this state.

jumbopanda
02-05-2007, 6:55 PM
There may be no one that you want for but there's always someone to vote against. Just vote for the opponent of people that you hate.

Also another good guide is to vote against any new spending.

+1000000

Starlifter
02-05-2007, 7:02 PM
Vote !!