PDA

View Full Version : CGF LTC Volunteers Needed! UPDATE (9/29 7PM): Initiative Ambassadors

wildhawker
09-28-2011, 10:53 PM
All,

CGF is moving forward with more Initiative compliance efforts! In order to expand our capacity and engage more counties on these important issues of policy and procedure, we're rolling out the Initiative Ambassador program. We're also seeking more applicant/volunteers so there's no shortage of people ready to test their sheriff's carry license practices and identify the places we need to apply legal pressure.

Read more about this at the CGF Blog: http://calgunsfoundation.org/blog/entry/cgf-carry-license-initiative-volunteers-needed-be-an-initiative-ambassador-for-your-area.html

UPDATE BLOG: http://calgunsfoundation.org/blog/entry/more-on-the-ltc-initiatives-ambassador-program-and-why-were-excited-about-reaching-10-ambassadors-per-county.html

Volunteer form link: http://calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer.html

-Brandon

UPDATE 9/29/11 7PM:

Fantastic response so far, folks! There a lot of counties remaining who need Ambassadors - if you'd like to be a CGF-supported local expert on carry applications and matters of carry policy/bearing arms, please do sign up at http://calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer.html.

AMBASSADORS - COUNT TO DATE (9/29/11 7PM)

Alameda Count 3
Contra Costa Count 4
Imperial Count 1
Kings Count 1
Lake Count 1
Los Angeles Count 16
Madera Count 1
Marin Count 1
Orange Count 7
Riverside Count 2
Sacramento Count 1
San Bernardino Count 1
San Diego Count 6
San Francisco Count 1
San Luis Obispo Count 1
San Mateo Count 1
Santa Barbara Count 3
Santa Clara Count 5
Shasta Count 1
Sonoma Count 4
Yolo Count 1
Grand Count 62

Ubermcoupe
09-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Great Job CGF! I feel some real momentum. :)

hoffmang
09-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Getting 30-58 ambassador volunteers is real force multiplication. We have the ability to train and support the right people with the right skills and temperament. Together, we can radically transform this state into a place with good gun rights.

-Gene

pitchbaby
09-29-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't think I have to tell you I'm in... You know my situation... use me if you feel you can.

ColdDeadHands1
09-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Brandon, I recently submitted my volunteer info via email as you directed in a thread about one or two weeks ago. Do I need to resubmit via the CGF link above?

Maestro Pistolero
09-29-2011, 12:23 AM
As soon as you are ready for an out-of-stater to take a whack at it, I'm in. I previously had a CA license, but moved to NV. I currently hold LTCs in NV, UT, and PA.

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Brandon, I recently submitted my volunteer info via email as you directed in a thread about one or two weeks ago. Do I need to resubmit via the CGF link above?

If you sent an email when we asked for help on redactions, then it would be much appreciated if you would; it would save me the step of backing the email into the form.

-Brandon

Connor P Price
09-29-2011, 1:12 AM
Sorry... I'd love to help but I'm busy volunteering for GOA.

00Medic
09-29-2011, 7:43 AM
I'm in. Application filled and sent. I may be new here, and in a "tough battle" county (L.A.) but I'm ready to help out any way I can.
Use me, abuse me....... wait.... :eek:

glbtrottr
09-29-2011, 7:56 AM
The Banana signed up for Orange County.

Rock6.3
09-29-2011, 8:38 AM
Done.

vladbutsky
09-29-2011, 8:40 AM
I'm in!!!
I live in Santa Clara county so I guess there will be quite a fight before we get our LTCs.
So bring it on! :43::43:

DannyInSoCal
09-29-2011, 8:50 AM
Done. Standing by...

goober
09-29-2011, 8:55 AM
You know I'll help however I can... Do I need to officially sign up or apply?

floridaone2
09-29-2011, 8:59 AM
Sonoma County IN!!!!!:)

Spelunker
09-29-2011, 9:15 AM
Count me in!! Time to take some power away from the elites.

viet4lifeOC
09-29-2011, 9:35 AM
just signed up. Use me for Orange County as a case

Firemark
09-29-2011, 9:58 AM
Filled out my app. Im in for San Diego. And I already have damning evidence against them for selective subjective denials.

Tripper
09-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Getting 30-58 ambassador volunteers is real force multiplication. We have the ability to train and support the right people with the right skills and temperament. Together, we can radically transform this state into a place with good gun rights.

-Gene

guess i dont qualify

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Can you guys use a 16 y/o?

moleculo
09-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Add one more for L.A. County

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Can you guys use a 16 y/o?

Yes! (However, you'll not be able to apply for a license to carry until you're at least 18.)

For example, we can always use a database of high quality photographs of people shooting, instructing, or otherwise involved in our sports (with the appropriate releases).

-Brandon

E Pluribus Unum
09-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Count me in for Kern County.

wazdat
09-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Form completed. Awaiting orders. :)

dotalchemy
09-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Is the option of "Yes, I am willing to apply and acknowledge that I may be denied as a result." a requirement?

I'm in San Francisco, and while I'd love to help, there's no chance that I'm paying $1700 for training just to be denied the next day.

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Is the option of "Yes, I am willing to apply and acknowledge that I may be denied as a result." a requirement?

I'm in San Francisco, and while I'd love to help, there's no chance that I'm paying $1700 for training just to be denied the next day.

No, you can choose to volunteer differently and apply your trade/skills as might best serve the cause.

SF has an interesting policy...

-Brandon

dotalchemy
09-29-2011, 11:11 AM
No, you can choose to volunteer differently and apply your trade/skills as might best serve the cause.

SF has an interesting policy...

-Brandon

An interesting one I'd love to help change...

Signing up...

Rock6.3
09-29-2011, 11:19 AM
This is cooking along nicely :)

Keep 'em coming folks, there are many counties left to cover!

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
An interesting one I'd love to help change...

Signing up...

http://blog.gadgethelpline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

Stubby
09-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Count me in. LA county here we come:43:

M. D. Van Norman
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
May I assume that those who volunteered via formatted e-mails last year are already in? :cool:

Rock6.3
09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
May I assume that those who volunteered via formatted e-mails last year are already in? :cool:

For the sunshine initiative your assumption is correct and covered as follows:

Reform Effort Applicant Volunteers

We're asking all of you who are interested in cleaning up your county's carry license practices and have not already volunteered at our website to please go submit this quick and easy web form. If you've already signed up to volunteer by way of our website's previous volunteer signup form, no need to worry - we know you're "ready to rock"! If you're unsure about your status as a registered volunteer, go ahead and register again - any duplicate entries will simply be merged.

But for the Ambassador program your assumption is incorrect and covered as follows:

Initiative Ambassadors

Another exciting new opportunity for you civic-minded advocates who want to see the number of carry licenses in California skyrocket is the opportunity to be a CGF Sunshine and Compliance Initiative Ambassador for your area. The role of an Ambassador is to function as a local subject matter expert (in this case, for carry licensing) that interfaces with CGF, local licensing authorities (to the extent you're comfortable), and other applicants/volunteers; consider Ambassadors the local "point of contact" that assists others with the basics of the application process and keeps CGF informed of potentially unlawful or unconstitutional local practices. You can volunteer to be an Ambassador right in the LTC Volunteer form.

Friends, there has never been a better opportunity to help others exercise their right to bear arms for self-defense, and I hope you'll consider stepping up for this important service to and for our fellow gun owners. Our requirements are firm but simple: be organized, able to work with files and commmunicate online, capable of engaging all applicants and licensing authorities in a professional manner, and willing to put in the work and time to learn and help applicants succeed.

Don't worry about how much you currently know about the application process or Penal Code - we're here to support you. You're absolutely not going to be "out on your own"; rather, this is your chance to be a quarterback for the winning team, with CGF coaching you along the way.

Source: http://calgunsfoundation.org/blog/entry/cgf-carry-license-initiative-volunteers-needed-be-an-initiative-ambassador-for-your-area.html

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Rock's spot on - if you've sent in the formatted email last year, we pulled those into the database and you're registered as an applicant volunteer.

However, if you'd like to be an Ambassador, you'll need to let us know using the new form. It also ensures we have/are using the correct/preferred info for that side of the program.

-Brandon

For the sunshine initiative your assumption is correct and covered as follows:

But for the Ambassador program your assumption is incorrect and covered as follows:

Source: http://calgunsfoundation.org/blog/entry/cgf-carry-license-initiative-volunteers-needed-be-an-initiative-ambassador-for-your-area.html

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Yes! (However, you'll not be able to apply for a license to carry until you're at least 18.)

For example, we can always use a database of high quality photographs of people shooting, instructing, or otherwise involved in our sports (with the appropriate releases).

-Brandon

Awesome! I just submitted the form, but I realized I forgot to mention the photography thing! :(

Mrbmw99
09-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Signed up for Alameda County! Let's do this!

stix213
09-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Ambassador sounds like a big responsibility. Can we get more details on the day to day expectations of this position? For example, what level of LEA contact is going to be expected? What kind of contacts with applicants are to be expected?

chiselchst
09-29-2011, 1:10 PM

Signed up Contra Costa, for grunt work, or to help an Ambassador...

cmaynes
09-29-2011, 1:17 PM
signed up- in Burbank.

Rock6.3
09-29-2011, 1:23 PM
signed up- in Burbank Los Angeles County.

Please use County names, not city.

notme92069
09-29-2011, 1:28 PM
Signed up for San Diego County

MatrixCPA
09-29-2011, 1:31 PM
Signed up - San Bernardino

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 1:31 PM
Ambassador sounds like a big responsibility. Can we get more details on the day to day expectations of this position? For example, what level of LEA contact is going to be expected? What kind of contacts with applicants are to be expected?

The responsibility is in the commitment to doing the best we can to help people get their licenses. The actual number of inquiries to respond to will depend greatly on demand and how many Ambassadors there are per area (we hope lots!). I don't expect a time commitment of more than a few minutes per day at most, with the exception of some few instances where we are engaging a new issue or a LEA and parsing a statement/reply.

Day to day, I see little interfacing with LEAs. What I would like to see is a workflow that looks something like this:

1. Applicant informs Ambassador of potential issue.
2. Ambassador reviews CGF material for response; if new/unaddressed, forward to CGF. If previously addressed, reply to applicant with link/info.
3. For new CGF, replies to Ambassador. In some cases, CGF may request Ambassador contact LEA to inform of the issue and any changes in policy required. Ambassador sends CGF update and LEA response, if any. CGF to follow up as required.

With respect to interfacing with applicants, I would say that it could be a matter of an applicant sending an email asking for a starting point, to which you can attach a CGF info file or point them to the cary license application FAQ we and the Education Content team is developing (and will continue to as the Ambassadors receive new or unique, but pertinent, questions). It could also be an applicant asking if XYZ Agency can require "x", what question "x" on page "y" is really about, or what kind of fees they can expect to pay. Hopefully, as questions are received, we will just add them and the answers to the County LTC page at CGF so that replying will become as easy as, "read through www.calgunsfoundation.org/carry/.... for answers to all of your questions".

CGF will continue to engage directly on the issues requiring legal support; our hope is that by developing relationships with the SO at the local level, we can more comprehensively pressure the licensing authority into reviewing the issues, with more levers, so they will more expeditiously make the necessary revisions to policy and practices.

The keyword is more. More licenses, more compliance, more people, and more winning back our rights.

-Brandon

M. D. Van Norman
09-29-2011, 1:38 PM
Rockís spot on - if you've sent in the formatted email last year, we pulled those into the database and youíre registered as an applicant volunteer.

However, if you'd like to be an Ambassador, you'll need to let us know using the new form. It also ensures we have/are using the correct/preferred info for that side of the program.

Okay. The two volunteer links seemed to lead to the same form. :)

http://calgunsfoundation.org/home/volunteer.html

Rock6.3
09-29-2011, 1:42 PM
Okay. The two volunteer links seemed to lead to the same form. :)

http://calgunsfoundation.org/home/volunteer.html

You are correct. If I understand correctly: if you respond that you are interested in volunteering as an Ambassador then it collects information specific to that need. If the registration as a volunteer is a duplicate the two entries will be merged (and the new additional data will be retained).

lawaia
09-29-2011, 1:49 PM
Signed on for Riverside County ambassador duties.

M. D. Van Norman
09-29-2011, 1:51 PM
Applicant informs Ambassador of potential issue.Ö Ambassador reviews CGF material for response; if new/unaddressed, forward to CGF. If previously addressed, reply to applicant with link/info.Ö

Iím a little curious how the potential applicant will be expected to find an ambassador, if he canít find the information thatís already available. It sounds a little bit like a concierge service, but then you still need a front desk. In other words, the ambassadors must be especially easy to find and contact.

And I know a little bit about the expectations in that case. :p

cindynles
09-29-2011, 2:00 PM
Signed on for Riverside County ambassador duties.

Another Riverside County volunteer.

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 2:08 PM
Iím a little curious how the potential applicant will be expected to find an ambassador, if he canít find the information thatís already available. It sounds a little bit like a concierge service, but then you still need a front desk. In other words, the ambassadors must be especially easy to find and contact.

And I know a little bit about the expectations in that case. :p

You're absolutely right, and I'm working on the "front desk" right now. Should be up by tonight.

I look forward to the Ambassadors themselves giving us valuable feedback as to how we can best supply the information to prospective applicants e.g. web page mods, workflows, etc.

-Brandon

stix213
09-29-2011, 2:32 PM
The responsibility is in the commitment to doing the best we can to help people get their licenses. The actual number of inquiries to respond to will depend greatly on demand and how many Ambassadors there are per area (we hope lots!). I don't expect a time commitment of more than a few minutes per day at most, with the exception of some few instances where we are engaging a new issue or a LEA and parsing a statement/reply.

Day to day, I see little interfacing with LEAs. What I would like to see is a workflow that looks something like this:

1. Applicant informs Ambassador of potential issue.
2. Ambassador reviews CGF material for response; if new/unaddressed, forward to CGF. If previously addressed, reply to applicant with link/info.
3. For new CGF, replies to Ambassador. In some cases, CGF may request Ambassador contact LEA to inform of the issue and any changes in policy required. Ambassador sends CGF update and LEA response, if any. CGF to follow up as required.

With respect to interfacing with applicants, I would say that it could be a matter of an applicant sending an email asking for a starting point, to which you can attach a CGF info file or point them to the cary license application FAQ we and the Education Content team is developing (and will continue to as the Ambassadors receive new or unique, but pertinent, questions). It could also be an applicant asking if XYZ Agency can require "x", what question "x" on page "y" is really about, or what kind of fees they can expect to pay. Hopefully, as questions are received, we will just add them and the answers to the County LTC page at CGF so that replying will become as easy as, "read through www.calgunsfoundation.org/carry/.... for answers to all of your questions".

CGF will continue to engage directly on the issues requiring legal support; our hope is that by developing relationships with the SO at the local level, we can more comprehensively pressure the licensing authority into reviewing the issues, with more levers, so they will more expeditiously make the necessary revisions to policy and practices.

The keyword is more. More licenses, more compliance, more people, and more winning back our rights.

-Brandon

Thanks for the explanation Brandon, I'll go ahead and volunteer.

sekatoa
09-29-2011, 3:03 PM
Signed up for Contra Costa.

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 7:05 PM
Fantastic response so far, folks! There a lot of counties remaining who need Ambassadors - if you'd like to be a CGF-supported local expert on carry applications and matters of carry policy/bearing arms, please do sign up at http://calgunsfoundation.org/home/volunteer.html.

-Brandon

Alameda Count 3
Contra Costa Count 4
Imperial Count 1
Kings Count 1
Lake Count 1
Los Angeles Count 16
Madera Count 1
Marin Count 1
Orange Count 7
Riverside Count 2
Sacramento Count 1
San Bernardino Count 1
San Diego Count 6
San Francisco Count 1
San Luis Obispo Count 1
San Mateo Count 1
Santa Barbara Count 3
Santa Clara Count 5
Shasta Count 1
Sonoma Count 4
Yolo Count 1
Grand Count 62

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 7:08 PM
Let's rock the state with 10 Ambassadors per county! :43:

-Brandon

Tripper
09-29-2011, 7:08 PM
wow, nobody for Monterey County.
sorry, but as I mentioned before, I probably dont qualify

......darned pre-requisites, i hate pre-requisites......

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 7:10 PM
wow, nobody for Monterey County.
sorry, but as I mentioned before, I probably dont qualify

......darned pre-requisites, i hate pre-requisites......

I have a feeling there is at least 1 Monterey Ambassador that I'd just like to confirm with before I list.

-BC

spegull03
09-29-2011, 7:51 PM
Signed up for Sacramento. If people need help 11 months from now when their appointment comes around I'll be your guy ;)

teufeldoc
09-29-2011, 8:14 PM
I'm in for San Diego county. This looks promising.......

Nor-Cal
09-29-2011, 8:25 PM
Count me in for my new county (Stanislaus)!

D-Man
09-29-2011, 8:38 PM
Count me in for Los Angeles County!

Tripper
09-29-2011, 8:42 PM
I have a feeling there is at least 1 Monterey Ambassador that I'd just like to confirm with before I list.

-BC

any1 I know
or need to know
lol

call me next chance you get

7x57
09-29-2011, 8:44 PM
Los Angeles Count 16

Wow. LA FTW.

7x57

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 8:51 PM
Blog post with some additional info on why this effort is so important to the overall strategy:
http://calgunsfoundation.org/blog/entry/more-on-the-ltc-initiatives-ambassador-program-and-why-were-excited-about-reaching-10-ambassadors-per-county.html

dantodd
09-29-2011, 8:54 PM
Am I the San Mateo person on your list?

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 9:02 PM
Am I the San Mateo person on your list?

No, this is only those who've signed up as Ambassadors through the web form here: http://calgunsfoundation.org/home/volunteer.html

goober
09-29-2011, 9:12 PM
In like Flynn :D

taperxz
09-29-2011, 9:12 PM
Someone needs to quit counting eggs! LOL

CapS
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm in!

hoffmang
09-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Someone needs to quit counting eggs! LOL

When you have a 200,000 square foot chicken coop, you can certainly estimate egg yields. Just saying.

:gura:

-Gene

Apocalypsenerd
09-29-2011, 11:10 PM
San Diego sign up through volunteer form.

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm in!

On a personal level, it's notable [to me] that the man quoted in your signature is the primary reason I became so heavily involved in our cause. That quotation was the catalyst for and inspiration to my creation of the Calguns Community Chapters (in fact, it was the closing statement of every town hall meeting I've ever spoken at).

I'm optimistic that through these efforts we will help to reinvigorate civic virtue and cause people to invest their persons into the preservation and advancement of liberty, for themselves and all Americans.

-Brandon

...in the final analysis, rights in a Republic are protected by the people themselves. If civic virtu does not reside in the people - no constitution, no bill of rights, no legislative body and no court will be able to preserve our liberties... Keep educating your neighbors and friends about the legacy of freedom that founded this nation and remind them what it takes to keep it free. - Mr. Donald Kilmer

wildhawker
09-29-2011, 11:15 PM
When you have a 200,000 square foot chicken coop, you can certainly estimate egg yields. Just saying.

-Gene

:chris::43:

Heatseeker
09-30-2011, 6:10 AM
Signed on for San Joaquin Co. ambassador.

morrcarr67
09-30-2011, 7:05 AM
I'm in Brandon, just signed up for Ambassador San Bernardino County.

FYI I'm in Ontario.

Tripper
09-30-2011, 7:31 AM

-Gene

I have a few empty egg crates for ya. variety of styles and colors to choose from as well as egg pocket count, i have half dozen, dozen, in traditional white, i have 18 count, and 2 dozen count in grey.

of course for the right price.

taperxz
09-30-2011, 7:49 AM

-Gene

This was directed to dantodd and forgetting to sign in;):)

I should have quoted his last post. My bad.

quote dantodd:Am I the San Mateo person on your list?

ocmsrzr
09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
I put in my app in for the Belly of the Beast...errr, Alameda County.

Tripper
09-30-2011, 2:15 PM
still no monterey

Mrbmw99
09-30-2011, 2:19 PM
We do have at least one for Monterey County. Maybe Brandon will post a full update later tonight.

goober
09-30-2011, 2:21 PM
still no monterey

We do have at least one for Monterey County. Maybe Brandon will post a full update later tonight.

Oh yes, we have at least one. :chris:

CapS
09-30-2011, 3:45 PM
On a personal level, it's notable [to me] that the man quoted in your signature is the primary reason I became so heavily involved in our cause. That quotation was the catalyst for and inspiration to my creation of the Calguns Community Chapters (in fact, it was the closing statement of every town hall meeting I've ever spoken at).

I'm optimistic that through these efforts we will help to reinvigorate civic virtue and cause people to invest their persons into the preservation and advancement of liberty, for themselves and all Americans.

-Brandon

That quote from DK is an important one, expressing the essence of our founders's caveat as it does so well. That it's written by one of the men at the very tip of the spear is inspiring.

tallic68
09-30-2011, 7:07 PM
Riverside. Not sure what I can do but I'll help when I can.

vonderplatz
09-30-2011, 8:15 PM
While typing the last page of the form my browser locked up, so could someone let me know if I need to do it again. Thanks.

GettoPhilosopher
09-30-2011, 8:19 PM
Brandon, I've already spoken to you about my wife's situation and my involvement. I signed up online as well though, let me know if you can use me/us.

wildhawker
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM
While typing the last page of the form my browser locked up, so could someone let me know if I need to do it again. Thanks.

You're GTG, and thanks!

-Brandon

383green
10-01-2011, 3:59 PM
I just signed up for Riverside. And I also just gave this thread a bump. ;)

Apocalypsenerd
10-01-2011, 7:24 PM
Signed up but didn't see a bump in the numbers for SD. Did you get it?

CaliforniaLiberal
10-02-2011, 7:00 PM
Our Deepest Gratitude to All CalGuns Volunteers.

:hurray:

Rock6.3
10-04-2011, 11:38 AM
There are still many counties in need of volunteers.

notme92069
10-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Is there a timetable for this or did I miss it...

wildhawker
10-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Is there a timetable for this or did I miss it...

Ongoing until every California licensing authority respects the constitution, complies with state law, and has issued a license to every non-prohibited person who's asked for one.

-Brandon

831Shooter
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi Brandon -

I had some questions about becoming an ambassador for Santa Cruz County.

I sent you emails on 9/29 and 10/3, as well as used the contact form on the CGF website on 10/3 and have not received a reply. Have you received any of these?

Thanks,
831S

wildhawker
10-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi Brandon -

I had some questions about becoming an ambassador for Santa Cruz County.

I sent you emails on 9/29 and 10/3, as well as used the contact form on the CGF website on 10/3 and have not received a reply. Have you received any of these?

Thanks,
831S

Yes, I did and will reply as soon as I can. Life has been somewhat uncooperative lately, with the "day job" taking up the 7a-6p slot and various CGF and others in the 6p-2a slot for the past 2 weeks.

-Brandon

Havoc70
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Alameda Count 3
Contra Costa Count 4
Imperial Count 1
Kings Count 1
Lake Count 1
Los Angeles Count 16
Madera Count 1
Marin Count 1
Orange Count 7
Riverside Count 2
Sacramento Count 1
San Bernardino Count 1
San Diego Count 6
San Francisco Count 1
San Luis Obispo Count 1
San Mateo Count 1
Santa Barbara Count 3
Santa Clara Count 5
Shasta Count 1
Sonoma Count 4
Yolo Count 1
Grand Count 62

Seems like you're missing one for Solano :).

831Shooter
10-04-2011, 1:20 PM
Yes, I did and will reply as soon as I can. Life has been somewhat uncooperative lately, with the "day job" taking up the 7a-6p slot and various CGF and others in the 6p-2a slot for the past 2 weeks.

-Brandon

Great. No rush. Just wanted to make sure you actually received the email.

Thanks.

notme92069
10-04-2011, 3:09 PM
Ongoing until every California licensing authority respects the constitution, complies with state law, and has issued a license to every non-prohibited person who's asked for one.

-Brandon

I was actually referring to starting. What do we do?

morfeeis
10-04-2011, 3:24 PM
another for Los Angeles Count right here.

morfeeis
10-04-2011, 3:27 PM

Alameda Count 3
Contra Costa Count 4
Imperial Count 1
Kings Count 1
Lake Count 1
Los Angeles Count 16
Madera Count 1
Marin Count 1
Orange Count 7
Riverside Count 2
Sacramento Count 1
San Bernardino Count 1
San Diego Count 6
San Francisco Count 1
San Luis Obispo Count 1
San Mateo Count 1
Santa Barbara Count 3
Santa Clara Count 5
Shasta Count 1
Sonoma Count 4
Yolo Count 1
Grand Count 62

and we sure do have a lot of active members in "grand count" they will have LTC's in no time with all that support.:sarcasm:

Rumline
10-04-2011, 5:45 PM
+1 for LA County

voiceofreason
10-04-2011, 6:29 PM
+1 LA County a few days ago.

eltorito
10-04-2011, 6:49 PM
email sent.

Paladin
10-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Not sure if these have been asked and answered, but in case they haven't...

1) Why 10+ ambassadors per county? Seems strange that Glenn, Modoc, Sierra and other relatively low population rural counties need at least 10 ambassadors, esp since those sorts of counties, in general, will be probably easier to get a LTC from (and thus need less shepherding), than many others.

2) How much of this shepherding of LTC applicants can be handled via PMs thru CGN, emails, or phone calls vs face-to-face?

3) Related to #1 and 2: Let's say we've got an surfeit of willing ambassadors in Tulare county, and a deficit of them in SF county. Can volunteers act as ambassadors for counties other than their own? (Actually, as long as there's one ambassador living in the county who can easily visit the local sheriff's office, some ambassadors could live out of state, or even in another country....)

4) Will CGF roll out the ambassadors county-by-county as the SI liberalizes issuance? If so, a majority of the state's counties could need ambassadors before a SCOTUS decision. Slowly ramping up the program with the small, rural counties first would be a great way of working out kinks in the system prior to launching it for the entire state. Think of them as pilot projects.

ColdDeadHands1
10-08-2011, 11:09 PM
The volunteer page link appears to be broken...

wildhawker
10-09-2011, 1:59 AM
Not sure if these have been asked and answered, but in case they haven't...

1) Why 10+ ambassadors per county? Seems strange that Glenn, Modoc, Sierra and other relatively low population rural counties need at least 10 ambassadors, esp since those sorts of counties, in general, will be probably easier to get a LTC from (and thus need less shepherding), than many others.

It's difficult to predict demand of a service that's never been available to the market. Let's not presume how "easy" it will be to engage these counties in order to gain their compliance with state law.

2) How much of this shepherding of LTC applicants can be handled via PMs thru CGN, emails, or phone calls vs face-to-face?

The communication product(s) we offer at CGF and volunteers will determine this.

3) Related to #1 and 2: Let's say we've got an surfeit of willing ambassadors in Tulare county, and a deficit of them in SF county. Can volunteers act as ambassadors for counties other than their own? (Actually, as long as there's one ambassador living in the county who can easily visit the local sheriff's office, some ambassadors could live out of state, or even in another country....)

Ambassadors can help however they like. Having some local resident ambassadors will help with the engagement function you mention, as well as possibly face-to-face with applicants/interested parties (e.g. local gun clubs, Rotary).

4) Will CGF roll out the ambassadors county-by-county as the SI liberalizes issuance? If so, a majority of the state's counties could need ambassadors before a SCOTUS decision. Slowly ramping up the program with the small, rural counties first would be a great way of working out kinks in the system prior to launching it for the entire state. Think of them as pilot projects.

The program will roll out and ramp statewide.

-Brandon

pitchbaby
10-09-2011, 9:20 AM
Fantastic response so far, folks! There a lot of counties remaining who need Ambassadors - if you'd like to be a CGF-supported local expert on carry applications and matters of carry policy/bearing arms, please do sign up at http://calgunsfoundation.org/home/volunteer.html.

-Brandon

Alameda Count 3
Contra Costa Count 4
Imperial Count 1
Kings Count 1
Lake Count 1
Los Angeles Count 16
Madera Count 1
Marin Count 1
Orange Count 7
Riverside Count 2
Sacramento Count 1
San Bernardino Count 1
San Diego Count 6
San Francisco Count 1
San Luis Obispo Count 1
San Mateo Count 1
Santa Barbara Count 3
Santa Clara Count 5
Shasta Count 1
Sonoma Count 4
Yolo Count 1
Grand Count 62

The volunteer link above is dead. Go ahead and just list me for Placer. Sure, I still am looking to move... but so far no job worth leaving for has come up for me or the Mrs... so we may have to be staying longer than anticipated. Might as well make myself useful if I'm here!

wildhawker
10-09-2011, 12:23 PM
It's located in the dropdown and in the list here: http://calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer.html

Rock6.3
10-17-2011, 2:15 PM
Are we still in need of more volunteers for this project?

notme92069
10-17-2011, 2:18 PM
When does this roll out?

wildhawker
10-17-2011, 2:36 PM
Are we still in need of more volunteers for this project?

Yes, the more the merrier. Even if we're heavy in one county, we can use the extra manpower for load balancing.

When does this roll out?

As soon as I can finish programming the back-end infrastructure. If you are an Ambassador, and haven't joined the email group, please do so now. Everyone that signs up to be an ambassador will receive an invite to join.

-Brandon

notme92069
10-17-2011, 2:41 PM
Y
As soon as I can finish programming the back-end infrastructure. If you are an Ambassador, and haven't joined the email group, please do so now. Everyone that signs up to be an ambassador will receive an invite to join.

-Brandon

Brandon, I signed up as an ambassador and I don't want to sound like an idiot (but if the shoe fits...) I didn't see where to join the email group.

Rock6.3
10-17-2011, 2:42 PM
If you are an Ambassador, and haven't joined the email group, please do so now. Everyone that signs up to be an ambassador will receive an invite to join.

-Brandon

:surrender: I did not receive the invitation at either of the addresses that I provided.

wildhawker
10-17-2011, 2:44 PM
:surrender: I did not receive the invitation at either of the addresses that I provided.

I'm doing the invites in batches. If you don't receive one by Wednesday, then check your spam folder and/or worry. Otherwise, assume it's operational lag on my end.

-Brandon

ZombieTactics
10-17-2011, 2:50 PM
Placer needs one, so I applied.

Mute
10-17-2011, 2:51 PM
I signed for LA County.

morrcarr67
10-17-2011, 3:39 PM
Brandon, I signed up as an ambassador and I don't want to sound like an idiot (but if the shoe fits...) I didn't see where to join the email group.

I'm doing the invites in batches. If you don't receive one by Wednesday, then check your spam folder and/or worry. Otherwise, assume it's operational lag on my end.

-Brandon

I'm glad someone else asked this question.

I hope to get mine soon too.

barthel
10-17-2011, 3:55 PM
I'm glad someone else asked this question.

I hope to get mine soon too.

Ditto. Haven't seen one either.

keneva
10-17-2011, 4:20 PM
Merced County. I'm in.

SCZ
10-17-2011, 4:27 PM
Volunteered - Santa Cruz County.

dotalchemy
10-17-2011, 4:31 PM
Yeah, I didn't see anything either.

Guessing that Brandon's just busy.

Rock6.3
10-19-2011, 1:17 PM
Who else is willing to step up and volunteer?

unusedusername
10-19-2011, 1:53 PM
How did I miss this before? :confused:

Mrbroom
10-19-2011, 2:54 PM
ok.. I missed this before too.. But just signed up.. Add another one for LA County!! And will have a few of my employees sign up too.. We are all big 2A supporters at my job!!

AMDG
10-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Done. LA County.

Rock6.3
10-20-2011, 10:15 AM

-Brandon

As instructed I have begun worrying. :TFH:

SCZ
10-20-2011, 10:36 AM
As instructed I have begun worrying. :TFH:

Heh. :)

I'm assuming operational lag at this point.

goober
10-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Brandon has a lot going on right now. Don't worry too much. I'm sure he will get the emails out as well as pop in here to give an update soon. :chris:

morrcarr67
10-21-2011, 8:09 AM
Brandon has a lot going on right now. Don't worry too much. I'm sure he will get the emails out as well as pop in here to give an update soon. :chris:

:iagree:

As much as I'm the "Oh my God he hasn't sent the email" kind of guy I know how hard Brandon works on all this stuff he is doing for US @ NO CHARGE.

He said he will send the emails and I have no reason to believe anything other.

taperxz
10-21-2011, 8:27 AM
I have been personally told , SOON!

IMHO I think some volunteers bite off more than they can chew. AND I don't mean this in a bad way! We are lucky to have people so dedicated.

nathan4610
10-21-2011, 9:25 PM
Im In, and decided to donate for my county as well.

wildhawker
10-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Sorry, all; delay is totally my bad. A few "day job" fires and some work to prepare our website for an upcoming MSM news story sucked up the time I had carved out to get emails out to the balance of the Ambassador signups. To shortcut the delays, those of you who want to move forward without waiting for an email can do this:

1. Go to http://groups.google.com/group/CGFLTC (locked Google Group)
2. Apply for membership to the group (the initial Ambassador discussion channel). Include your name and CGN handle.
3. Me or one of the group managers will verify and add you in.

Next steps for the program is as follows:

* Program a load-balancing "Help Desk" into CGF's website <me>
* Setup counties as departments, add all Ambassador signups <me, others>
* Create front-end web forms for Help Desk <me, others>
* Golive on Help Desk
* Setup permissions at CGF website FAQ module for Ambassadors to add/modify centralized knowledge base for LTC, related issues/inquiries
* Add Ambassadors to CGF LTC online forums (installed, pending); Golive & make public

Those who are experienced in any of the above and willing to lend a hand would be my heros.

-Brandon

SCZ
10-23-2011, 12:17 AM
...To shortcut the delays, those of you who want to move forward without waiting for an email can do this:

2. Apply for membership to the group (the initial Ambassador discussion channel). Include your name and CGN handle.
3. Me or one of the group managers will verify and add you in...

Done :)

edit---

Wow that was quick..

Wildhawker, I'll get in touch with you sometime this week to see how I can best help lighten your load.

vonderplatz
10-24-2011, 12:34 PM
I have completed my paper work for San Benito County, and am going to try to turn it in this week. Should I wait? Thanks.

Rock6.3
10-24-2011, 1:41 PM
Sorry, all; delay is totally my bad. A few "day job" fires and some work to prepare our website for an upcoming MSM news story sucked up the time I had carved out to get emails out to the balance of the Ambassador signups. To shortcut the delays, those of you who want to move forward without waiting for an email can do this:

3. Me or one of the group managers will verify and add you in.

Next steps for the program is as follows:

* Program a load-balancing "Help Desk" into CGF's website <me>
* Setup counties as departments, add all Ambassador signups <me, others>
* Create front-end web forms for Help Desk <me, others>
* Golive on Help Desk
* Setup permissions at CGF website FAQ module for Ambassadors to add/modify centralized knowledge base for LTC, related issues/inquiries
* Add Ambassadors to CGF LTC online forums (installed, pending); Golive & make public

Those who are experienced in any of the above and willing to lend a hand would be my heros.

-Brandon

Done.

Rock6.3
11-29-2012, 2:17 PM
All,

CGF is moving forward with more Initiative compliance efforts! In order to expand our capacity and engage more counties on these important issues of policy and procedure, we're rolling out the Initiative Ambassador program. We're also seeking more applicant/volunteers so there's no shortage of people ready to test their sheriff's carry license practices and identify the places we need to apply legal pressure.

Read more about this at the CGF Blog: http://calgunsfoundation.org/blog/entry/cgf-carry-license-initiative-volunteers-needed-be-an-initiative-ambassador-for-your-area.html

UPDATE BLOG: http://calgunsfoundation.org/blog/entry/more-on-the-ltc-initiatives-ambassador-program-and-why-were-excited-about-reaching-10-ambassadors-per-county.html

Volunteer form link: http://calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer.html

-Brandon

UPDATE 9/29/11 7PM:

All links are dead (404 not found), no updates since 9/29/2011. Is this project dead?

socal2310
11-29-2012, 2:32 PM
All links are dead (404 not found), no updates since 9/29/2011. Is this project dead?

And I'm sure I signed up when it was still working but (crickets).

taperxz
11-29-2012, 2:47 PM
The google group still seems to be online

Rock6.3
11-29-2012, 2:49 PM
The google group still seems to be online

Online and deathly silent.

wildhawker
11-29-2012, 2:50 PM

Nope, just working on web development.

-Brandon

taperxz
11-29-2012, 2:58 PM
That was fast Brandon! :)

wildhawker
11-29-2012, 3:06 PM
That was fast Brandon! :)

Was mainly luck that it caught me in between appts doing a quick scan of 2A.

-Brandon

taperxz
11-29-2012, 3:12 PM
To all concerned about this group. This will happen when the wheels get put on.

I think the intent originally was to start it earlier and perhaps it was started to early for its own good.

I believe when the time is right, this project will move forward quite quickly. Stay tuned, have a sandwich, take a nap and the giant will be awaken. :)

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 3:45 PM

I think the intent originally was to start it earlier and perhaps it was started to early for its own good.

I believe when the time is right, this project will move forward quite quickly. Stay tuned, have a sandwich, take a nap and the giant will be awaken. :)

YAWN...... (stretch) :eek:

Just kidding.... :D

Rock6.3
11-29-2012, 3:48 PM

lol, I waited 13 months before bumping this thread. Just how long of a 'nap' is required?

taperxz
11-29-2012, 3:54 PM
lol, I waited 13 months before bumping this thread. Just how long of a 'nap' is required?

Do you not understand the content of my post? The idea MAY have simply been started to early. Brandon is actively working on this. It would not surprise me to see some sort of message out early 2013.

Casual_Shooter
11-29-2012, 4:00 PM
:twoweeks:

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 4:08 PM

Do you not understand the content of my post? The idea MAY have simply been started to early. Brandon is actively working on this. It would not surprise me to see some sort of message out early 2013.

:twoweeks:

Granted, Brandon may have been a little premature in announcing this initiative, but don't think nothing is being done. There have almost continually been small scale efforts in the background that didn't require that the resource of additional volunteers be tapped... The need for volunteers is coming, it will be a little longer...

It has been slower getting ramped up than any of us would like, but please remember everyone involved putting this together have jobs, families, and other obligations.

wildhawker
11-29-2012, 6:26 PM
For what it's worth, shortly after this kicked off I emailed the list I had at that time and requested help in ramping up. How many people actually did [help]? :crickets: Fewer than 5.

It's very heartening, actually, that people are *pushing* this - that presumably means that there is a real desire to work present. To the extent that people are ready to make things happen, I am excited to report that the Initiative (and its components, like the Ambassadors) is now in a position to really efficiently leverage the human resources. We still need some development/infrastructure, and to that end I'd love it if those more technology-centered volunteers would be willing to lend some real cycles to this ASAP.

-Brandon

taperxz
11-29-2012, 6:31 PM
For what it's worth, shortly after this kicked off I emailed the list I had at that time and requested help in ramping up. How many people actually did [help]? :crickets: Fewer than 5.

It's very heartening, actually, that people are *pushing* this - that presumably means that there is a real desire to work present. To the extent that people are ready to make things happen, I am excited to report that the Initiative (and its components, like the Ambassadors) is now in a position to really efficiently leverage the human resources. We still need some development/infrastructure, and to that end I'd love it if those more technology-centered volunteers would be willing to lend some real cycles to this ASAP.

-Brandon

I would but i think you already know thats not my expertise. If there is something you need that you think i can do, let me know.

wildhawker
11-29-2012, 6:35 PM
I would but i think you already know thats not my expertise. If there is something you need that you think i can do, let me know.

Certainly there is! Everyone who has volunteered can prepare. Have you read and do you understand our Carry Application Guide (http://www.scribd.com/doc/106511655/Calguns-Foundation-Carry-License-LTC-CCW-Guide-v1-1)? Be ready to know the most common Q&As and also [at least] where to look to point people to the latest and greatest info.

Feel free to (pardon the intended pun) take the Initiative... :D

-Brandon

taperxz
11-29-2012, 6:36 PM
Certainly there is! Everyone who has volunteered can prepare. Have you read and do you understand our Carry Application Guide (http://www.scribd.com/doc/106511655/Calguns-Foundation-Carry-License-LTC-CCW-Guide-v1-1)? Be ready to know if not the most common Q&As, but also [at least] where to look to point people to the latest and greatest info.

-Brandon

YES! I have been preparing for this. AND going through the application process and correcting my sheriff dept.:D

wildhawker
11-29-2012, 6:52 PM
YES! I have been preparing for this. AND going through the application process and correcting my sheriff dept.:D

Perfect! How about training other Ambassadors, then?

-Brandon

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 6:57 PM
Certainly there is! Everyone who has volunteered can prepare. Have you read and do you understand our Carry Application Guide (http://www.scribd.com/doc/106511655/Calguns-Foundation-Carry-License-LTC-CCW-Guide-v1-1)? Be ready to know the most common Q&As and also [at least] where to look to point people to the latest and greatest info.

-Brandon

There are a 200 Ī hard copies of the Carry Application Guide (http://www.scribd.com/doc/106511655/Calguns-Foundation-Carry-License-LTC-CCW-Guide-v1-1) in circulation now... People attending the Lt. Col. Grossman seminars in San Jose, Pasadena, & Irvine were very interested in them...

taperxz
11-29-2012, 6:59 PM
Perfect! How about training other Ambassadors, then?

-Brandon

If they can stand me? No Problem. You know Brandon, I'm an old construction worker.:D

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 7:02 PM
If they can stand me? No Problem. You know Brandon, I'm an old construction worker.:D

I bet you were the wise *** in the back at the safety meetings... :D:eek::D

taperxz
11-29-2012, 7:09 PM
I bet you were the wise *** in the back at the safety meetings... :D:eek::D

actually i am the owner of the company:p CEO actually

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 7:14 PM
actually i am the owner of the company:p CEO actually

Ahhh, the wise *** at the front of the safety meeting.... :D:D

taperxz
11-29-2012, 7:15 PM
Ahhh, the wise *** at the front of the safety meeting.... :D:D

Wrong again! That would be one of the wise axxx foreman. I don't attend those things.

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 7:17 PM
Wrong again! That would be one of the wise axxx foreman. I don't attend those things.

OK.. You win, I give up...........

taperxz
11-29-2012, 7:18 PM
No its ok Howard. I really was the wise axx in the back of the room at one time LMAO

Casual_Shooter
11-29-2012, 7:19 PM

-Brandon

I hadn't seen that resource (linked) before. I can open and read the document via the web browser, but can't download it (Clicking the Download button).

Do you have to be logged in to that site?

taperxz
11-29-2012, 7:27 PM
Brandon, when you are ready, let me know i will follow Howardw56's lead and North and South we can get this rolling. Perhaps an update on the title here would spark more interest in how we can get people back on board to get them up to speed on helping others?

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 7:29 PM
I hadn't seen that resource (linked) before. I can open and read the document via the web browser, but can't download it (Clicking the Download button).

Do you have to be logged in to that site?

Its available here Carry License Application Guide (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/resources/downloads/file/55-cgf-carry-license-application-guide.html)

wildhawker
11-29-2012, 7:36 PM
Brandon, when you are ready, let me know i will follow Howardw56's lead and North and South we can get this rolling. Perhaps an update on the title here would spark more interest in how we can get people back on board to get them up to speed on helping others?

Get with Howard on how to divide [and conquer] the work; as soon as I get a few hot fires put out I'll be looping back.

-Brandon

taperxz
11-29-2012, 7:39 PM
Get with Howard on how to divide [and conquer] the work; as soon as I get a few hot fires put out I'll be looping back.

-Brandon

Already started the conversation with Howard;) via PM

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 7:55 PM
No its ok Howard. I really was the wise axx in the back of the room at one time LMAO

So was I, then I was the wise *** foreman at the front, later I went to detailing, estimating, project management, managed field operations, and on....

taperxz
11-29-2012, 7:59 PM
So was I, then I was the wise *** foreman at the front, later I went to detailing, estimating, project management, managed field operations, and on....

I wished i just worked for for someone now. Its a lot easier!

HowardW56
11-29-2012, 8:21 PM
I wished i just worked for for someone now. Its a lot easier!

Tell me about it, I just renewed workers comp insurance... My rates are UP 20% +

hvengel
11-30-2012, 12:12 PM

-Brandon

Not sure if my expertise is a good fit for this project but I am a tech person. I write software, mostly in C++, if that would be useful but I can also do other tech stuff as well since I have been doing technology stuff for a living for almost 30 years. If you think I can help shoot me a PM and I will help out.

CEDaytonaRydr
11-30-2012, 1:45 PM
I'm getting "404ed" on the volunteer form link. Anyone else having that issue?

Anyways, I'm willing to help however I can. Let me know what I need to do.

HowardW56
11-30-2012, 1:53 PM
I'm getting "404ed" on the volunteer form link. Anyone else having that issue?

Anyways, I'm willing to help however I can. Let me know what I need to do.

This LINK (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/get-involved/ltcvolunteer.html) works....

Or were you referring to this post:
Originally Posted by wildhawker http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=9817227#post9817227)

-Brandon

im2ninja4u
11-30-2012, 3:44 PM
Wow, nobody from Fresno County eh?

Rock6.3
11-30-2012, 3:48 PM
Wow, nobody from Fresno County eh?

With the last update being 13 months old there is no way to know if Fresno is covered yet or not. :TFH: