PDA

View Full Version : Single Shot cz-sp01 phantom group buy

pschorrXD
09-28-2011, 9:27 PM
I was thinking about getting a cz and this would have to be "single shotted" in to california. So would anyone like to split the cost of the magazine that will be used for this function, Im thinking about doing this at T&A Armory, I called them yesterday and they said they do them, so I will just have to work out the logistics with them. If we get enough people they might lower their fees. :)

Inquirer
09-29-2011, 1:14 AM
I'm interested in the SP-01 Tactical if you can work that in. I'm moving back down to LA in two weeks.

--Inq

himurax13
09-29-2011, 1:18 AM
I would prefer an SP01 or a CZ 75 Shadow.

cnj
09-29-2011, 6:13 AM
Just a heads up. A buddy of mine owns a Phantom, and has been really unhappy with the trigger.......very creepy and notchy. Don't know anything about CZ's myself, but from what he says, the Phantom trigger mechanism is different from other CZ's (like the 75). As a result there aren't any trigger mods that work on the Phantom. Just an FYI.

Inquirer
09-29-2011, 9:02 AM
Find out how many units we'd need to sign on for to get a rate, Psycho. They just might let us group buy a bunch of CZ's even if they're slightly different models. PM me with info as you get it. Cheers.

--Inq

zfields
09-29-2011, 9:04 AM
Just a heads up. A buddy of mine owns a Phantom, and has been really unhappy with the trigger.......very creepy and notchy. Don't know anything about CZ's myself, but from what he says, the Phantom trigger mechanism is different from other CZ's (like the 75). As a result there aren't any trigger mods that work on the Phantom. Just an FYI.

I contacted Cajun gun works, Since im considering buying a phantom. He told me the same kit that works in the CZ75 will fit the phantom.

CZ's arent known for great out of the box triggers, a little polishing, or a kit from CZ custom, or CGW does wonders.

limitdown
09-29-2011, 9:05 AM
Get the SP01 Shadow instead of the Phantom

cnj
09-29-2011, 11:01 AM
I contacted Cajun gun works, Since im considering buying a phantom. He told me the same kit that works in the CZ75 will fit the phantom.

CZ's arent known for great out of the box triggers, a little polishing, or a kit from CZ custom, or CGW does wonders.

Good to know. I will let my buddy know as well, as he was told differently. Aside from the trigger, he really likes his Phantom.

zfields
09-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Good to know. I will let my buddy know as well, as he was told differently. Aside from the trigger, he really likes his Phantom.
n

Polishing will take out some of the grit. If you want to kill the "stageyness" and camming of the hammer, gonna have to recut the hammer.

himurax13
09-29-2011, 11:19 AM

Let your friend know that I would be interested in taking it off of him :). Seriously though, the decocker models need a bit more work to make the trigger pull smooth. They are also a huge pain in the butt to reassemble. Even after all is said and done, the trigger pull will never be as nice as a SAO CZ and they might come close to the regular DA/SA.

neomedic
09-29-2011, 12:04 PM
I would be interested in a CZ SP-01 or SP-01 tactical.

Let me know if this deal works out. :43:

GuillermoAntonio
09-29-2011, 12:17 PM
tagged, may be interested in the phantom.

HCz
09-29-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm interested, pending price

iatrogenic
09-29-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm interested as well. Let me know once you figure out a price.

Inquirer
09-29-2011, 5:48 PM
HEY GUILLERMO

You wanna sell me your SP01? :D

--Inq

GuillermoAntonio
09-29-2011, 6:43 PM
HEY GUILLERMO

You wanna sell me your SP01? :D

--Inq

lol.
Nope :p
I want them all...

zfields
09-29-2011, 7:03 PM
I just feel the need to rub in that CZ-USA is warranty replacing my CZ75 SA with a Sp01 Tactical....

That is all.

as a Side note, I will be needing to sell my CZ75 Safariland holster, Houge wrap around grips, and unused front F/O site once I get it.

GuillermoAntonio
09-29-2011, 7:08 PM
I just feel the need to rub in that CZ-USA is warranty replacing my CZ75 SA with a Sp01 Tactical....

That is all.

as a Side note, I will be needing to sell my CZ75 Safariland holster, Houge wrap around grips, and unused front F/O site once I get it.

mmmmm......
so, whats the recipe?

zfields
09-29-2011, 7:22 PM
hrmmmm?

GuillermoAntonio
09-29-2011, 8:27 PM
hrmmmm?
how did you achieve that. the exchange.

zfields
09-29-2011, 9:10 PM
how did you achieve that. the exchange.

1. Buy CZ 75 SA
2. have CZ 75 SA blow case heads like crazy
3. Send back to CZ, wait 2 months, calling them the last month non-stop *****ing about why they have no idea when you will be receiving a replacement.
4. Talk to Matt the badass, get Sp01 tactical as replacement
5. Brag on calguns.

Inquirer
09-29-2011, 9:31 PM
1. Buy CZ 75 SA
2. have CZ 75 SA blow case heads like crazy
3. Send back to CZ, wait 2 months, calling them the last month non-stop *****ing about why they have no idea when you will be receiving a replacement.
4. Talk to Matt the badass, get Sp01 tactical as replacement
5. Brag on calguns.
6. Get hit by falling airplane part to set the universe right.

There, fixed it.

lickitysplit
09-29-2011, 9:49 PM
I'd be interested in a sp01 tactical. Tagged.

GuillermoAntonio
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
roflmao.At least there is no
7.-Repeat as necessary...

Inquirer
09-30-2011, 1:16 PM
OP is dead...?

zfields
09-30-2011, 1:34 PM
I guess the plane missed me.

Tempus
09-30-2011, 1:44 PM
interested. tagged.

Peter W Bush
09-30-2011, 3:01 PM
If you can find a good one in 357 Sig then I would be interested

Gryff
09-30-2011, 3:42 PM
Get the SP01 Shadow instead of the Phantom

The Shadow doesn't have a decocker, so if you want to carry it in DA mode, you have to risk lowering the hammer manually over a live round. Also, it is (out-of-the box) too heavy to be legal in IDPA.

The Phantom has the decocker for safely dropping the hammer down into DA mode.

zfields
09-30-2011, 4:12 PM
The Shadow doesn't have a decocker, so if you want to carry it in DA mode, you have to risk lowering the hammer manually over a live round. Also, it is (out-of-the box) too heavy to be legal in IDPA.

The Phantom has the decocker for safely dropping the hammer down into DA mode.

Gotta figure out how im going to cut weight on mine.

Gryff
09-30-2011, 4:28 PM
Gotta figure out how im going to cut weight on mine.

It's my understanding that you can reach IDPA by putting thin aluminum grips on it, but use your google-fu to confirm that.

zfields
09-30-2011, 4:38 PM
It's my understanding that you can reach IDPA by putting thin aluminum grips on it, but use your google-fu to confirm that.

Looks like aluminium, or ultra light wood + derlin guide rod + 10 round mags with the plastic base plate.....which I sold all of mine.

O well, gives me a good reason to buy another gun.

smittty
09-30-2011, 5:56 PM
I love my Phantom and I rate it equal or better than my W German P226.

Regarding the trigger, dry fire it a lot with an o-ring in the back of the slide to protect the firing pin, cut 2 coils off the hammer spring and shoot it a lot. If you still don't like the trigger pm me and I'll make you an offer!

pschorrXD
10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Okay, i will call t&a armory tomorrow and try to work something out, i dont know if they were going to order them, I was just planning on buying mine on the internet and having it shipped. I shall let everyone know tomorrow for sure.

Inquirer
10-01-2011, 1:31 AM
Looks like aluminium, or ultra light wood + derlin guide rod + 10 round mags with the plastic base plate.....which I sold all of mine.

O well, gives me a good reason to buy another gun.

I know a buyer for it. I'm pretty sure you may know him, too.

pschorrXD
10-01-2011, 3:03 PM
So I called T&A Armory and they said they would be able to do the a group buy price, it just kind of depends on how many people are going to be doing it, pretty much if your interested PM me to get the logistics of it and how it would have to work if you are willing to wait the 10days till someones dros is done or not.

GuillermoAntonio
10-01-2011, 3:38 PM
got a price range?

Inquirer
10-01-2011, 4:12 PM
...And is it on the variety of pistols? Or just the SP01 Phantom specifically? It's kind of contingent on that for me. That, and the price of course. I'll PM you for more details.

--Inq

himurax13
10-01-2011, 4:16 PM
The barrel and mags for the SP01 should fit the Phantom as well.

.40Cal
10-18-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm interested in the SP-01 Tactical if you can work that in. I'm moving back down to LA in two weeks.

--Inq

I'm IN for the SP-01 Tactical also....

P1X4R
10-18-2011, 11:12 PM
here's mine.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/P1X4R_2011/Guns/P1050592.jpg

JeremyS
10-18-2011, 11:16 PM
The barrel and mags for the SP01 should fit the Phantom as well.

Yeah any of the SP-01 varieties will work with the same SSE long barrel and same SSE magazine block or sled or whatever they come up with to make it single shot. So... this would work for Shadow, Tactical, Phantom, etc etc...

...not the regular 75 series though, FYI, because the barrel is a different diameter...

zfields
10-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah any of the SP-01 varieties will work with the same SSE long barrel and same SSE magazine block or sled or whatever they come up with to make it single shot. So... this would work for Shadow, Tactical, Phantom, etc etc...

...not the regular 75 series though, FYI, because the barrel is a different diameter...

Curious to how much it would cost me to get an extended CZ sp01 barrel made....

JeremyS
10-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Curious to how much it would cost me to get an extended CZ sp01 barrel made....
For single shot purposes or just to have an extended barrel (or for a comp or to have threads)?

I take it 1/4" longer than usual wouldn't be enough? 'Cuz that's available: http://czcustom.com/cz75sp01barrel9mm4925ext.aspx

zfields
10-18-2011, 11:26 PM
SSE purposes. I can get mags to weld up no problem.

JeremyS
10-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Just make one. Weld steel tubing to the end of a normal barrel and then grind it smooth. AFAIK there is no requirement that the entire barrel be rifled or anything. Just make sure the ID of the extension is large enough (I'd go a bit larger than bullet diameter).

I'm assuming that's how the FFL's make their super long extended barrels. It's WAY easier than machining the locking parts and cams and chambers and all that stuff and I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to do that. It's not like it needs to be accurate and it will probably never have a bullet put through it anyway.

edit: I made that assumption based entirely on how I would do it and without any knowledge of what the FFL's actually do. BUT... after seeing this video from Table Rock Arms I'm much more confident that's the norm. Check out the barrel when it's removed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F7RAPst-148

zfields
10-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Just make one. Weld steel tubing to the end of a normal barrel and then grind it smooth. AFAIK there is no requirement that the entire barrel be rifled or anything. Just make sure the ID of the extension is large enough (I'd go a bit larger than bullet diameter).

I'm assuming that's how the FFL's make their super long extended barrels. It's WAY easier than machining the locking parts and cams and chambers and all that stuff and I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to do that. It's not like it needs to be accurate and it will probably never have a bullet put through it anyway.

No welding machine, thats why im wonderin'. Had no intention on machining it.

Just need to find a nice, old shot to **** barrel. hell even a 75 would work and just throw a sleeve on it to fit the bushing.

JeremyS
10-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Get a flux-core wire feed welder for about $100 and you'd be covered (something like this (http://www.harborfreight.com/90-amp-flux-wire-welder-98871.html)). Takes a little practice, but would totally be sufficient. That and an angle grinder and you're set :)

zfields
10-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Get a flux-core wire feed welder for about $100 and you'd be covered (something like this (http://www.harborfreight.com/90-amp-flux-wire-welder-98871.html)). Takes a little practice, but would totally be sufficient. That and an angle grinder and you're set :)

I was certified on a couple sticks for arc welding just out of HS, and did a bit of mig, nothing special though. Just dont have the room for the machine unless i feel like welding in my bathroom.