View Full Version : I didn't like the SR9c, will I like the LC9?

09-28-2011, 5:48 PM
I'm on the fence about this gun. After my SR9c I thought I'd never consider another Ruger pistol but here I am looking at the LC9.

I used to have the LCP and I liked it but sold it because I got rid of all my 380 cal pistols and kept only 9mm.

The LCP was a nice clean simple little gun and I liked everything about it except the caliber. The SR9c was the right caliberbut it was too wide, heavy and I hated all the safety "features".

I held the LC9 and the size is right, caliber is right, price is OK, but the safety" features are all there for me to hate.

What to do?

09-28-2011, 5:56 PM
I'd like to see some discussion on this as well...

09-28-2011, 6:06 PM
I shot the LC9 but not the SR9c... can't compare the two.

It seems like a decent pistol, nothing about it really stood out or won me over about it. I wasnt really feeling the double action only, but I guess I could get used to it.

My lady owns a Kahr and I think I would lean towards one of those if I really wanted a pocket pistol.

09-28-2011, 6:31 PM
Im a ruger fan, I didn't really like the sr9c either, But have you considered the p95 in my opinion the best bang for your buck.

09-28-2011, 7:41 PM
More info.

09-28-2011, 8:40 PM
Own the LC9 and owned an SR40. I've played with the SR9c quite a bit. Minus the Width and ammo capacity, the LC9 and SR9c are pretty much the same size. The LC9 has the long smooth 6.5lb DA trigger and a long reset much like a DA revolver. The SR9c has a nice lighter trigger and pretty decent reset. Ergos on both guns are good IMHO. Both are soft shooting and very controllable. The LC9's trigger has a bit of a learning curve. The safety features are something everyone cries about. Get over it. The SR9 is a very nice gun. For whatever reason the SR9c has a nicer trigger out of the box. I'll say if you didn't like the SR9c, you will not like the SR9.

09-28-2011, 8:45 PM
No I didn't like the SR9 and for all the same reasons. Just thinking about that massive loaded chamber indicator turns me off. Maybe I should have kept the LCP!

09-28-2011, 8:51 PM
Had it. Sold it after 50 rounds