PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P 40 vs. Beretta PX4 in. 40

erik_26
09-28-2011, 5:18 PM
If you own both or have shot both please chime in.

Was one more accurate then the other? Did the rotating barrel on the PX4 give faster follow up shots? how is the build quality? Pros and cons of each.

AaronC11
09-28-2011, 6:37 PM
I have the PX4 but not the M&P, however I plan on getting an M&P. Both are great guns but totally different. I love the DA/SA trigger on the PX4. In DA it feels revolver like and very short in SA like 4-4.5 lbs. I like the trigger better than my sig 2022 and the sig p220 I've shot. Some aren't crazy about the slide safety, but if you don't like it, you're not obligated to use it. Build quality is great IMO. I added a hogue slip on grip with finger grooves and it fits perfect now. The factory grip was a little too slippery on the sides for me. IMO, I think the M&P's sights and factory grip are better than the PX4. Almost forgot, the rotating barrel does soften the recoil some but it's not a huge difference IMO.

RollingCode3
09-28-2011, 6:53 PM
If you own both or have shot both please chime in.

Was one more accurate then the other? Did the rotating barrel on the PX4 give faster follow up shots? how is the build quality? Pros and cons of each.

<--- Have shot both. The beretta is DA/SA. I prefer the M&P (same trigger pull every time)