PDA

View Full Version : Powder group buy successful

ocabj
02-04-2007, 7:49 PM
I'd like to thank those who participated in the group buy I setup:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=46512

It was very successful and it appears everyone was happy with the way it turned out.

The amount of time to get the powder group buy initiated and completed was fast. I posted the group buy solicitation on Jan 15. I had the order placed within ten days and had the powder in by Feb 2 (and everyone got their powder by Feb 4). So basically 20 days from the time I solicited the group buy to the day I dispersed the last of the powder.

Hopefully more powder/primer group buys can be coordinated through Calguns.net by members more often in the future.

FYI to anyone who may be interested in coordinating a powder group buy through Calguns (or any forum):

1. If you go with Powder Valley, the shipping+hazmat+insurance should work out to about $1.07 per lb. At roughly $1 per lb, this gives you an idea of what the actual costs of the powder will be if you order from Powder Valley.

2. Paypal makes a good method of quick deposit. The person heading up the buy should ask those buying in to either Paypal a deposit (half the total sounds right) or give them the option of paying the powder subtotal up front. Paypal is a good way to get a deposit, because after the powder arrives and each person comes to pick up and pay everything up front, you can easily refund the Paypal deposit (including the Paypal fee).

3. Make sure the person heading up the buy is centrally available to everyone participating. Makes the transfer of powder/funds a lot easier.

dw1784
02-05-2007, 5:22 PM
good deal, J. I've already cracked the seal and loaded a box of 20 for next time. Thanks again.:)

cali-man
02-06-2007, 8:36 AM
I am just waiting on a order from Midway to start relaoding some 44 mag. Thanks again for putting this together.

JGY
02-06-2007, 3:40 PM
Anyone want to do one in the E. Bay?