PDA

View Full Version : A+ review for J&R and Dom's in Livermore!!!

send it_hit
09-28-2011, 10:45 AM
In light of all these negative review threads popping up (don't get me wrong, I don't doubt your experiences were negative.), I thought I'd toss up a thread in a POSITIVE light, based on my experiences with J&R and Dom's Outdoor Supply.

I went in to J&R yesterday with some questions about stripped lowers and to do a PPT as the seller. When I arrived I met the buyer, and about 20 other people lol. They were slammed! I was glad to see them doing so well. Now I know PPT's aren't exactly at the top of FFL's to-do lists, wether they're willing or not. I realize they are not the #1 concern and that's totally fine. The younger guy with the beard behind the counter (who was already running all over the place helping various people) walked over and apologized for the wait. He told us that it would probably be a little while, as he had some customers to take care of. He said if we wanted to get it done faster, we could go on over to Dom's, as they may be less busy. He again apologized. I never once saw an eye roll or heard a sigh. He did not make it seem like a PITA or inconvenience, merely alerted us to the situation, apologized for it, and provided a solution, in a very pleasant and polite manner.

Over at Dom's, Matt helped us with the PPT. Quick, painless, and again did not feel like it was a bother or irritating to the staff.

Upon finishing the PPT, I went back over to J&R and spoke with another employee. He answered my questions (I've never built an AR... heck, I've never shot an AR, and am pretty dumb about the whole subject), gave suggestions, advice, and even brought out his own AR for me to hold and check out.

I've bought firearms from both places in the past. And this is why. So in light of all the "DONT SHOP HERE" threads, allow me to say "DO shop at J&R or Dom's" in livermore.

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy105/JWidsc/Screenshot2011-09-28at114402AM.png

/soapbox

schneiderguy
09-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I've never been to Dom's but I agree that J&R is awesome :chris:

kpinole
09-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Agreed, I've done a PPT at both in the past 2 weeks....Dom's has retail store hours and is a good fallback if J&R is too busy or if they closed early.

awall919
09-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Yea they are good people over there. Iv done a few PPTs and purchased a few other things from them. They actually had a lefty serpa holster for me! (Rare in my neck of the woods).

21SF
09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
J&R although prices are higher than most, are very nice people and very helpful.

If money wasnt an issue i would always go to J&R.

Barbarossa
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Cosign

I did have a young kid at Dom's try to sell me "the gun" that shot BinLaden one time.
"If it can kill a terrorist it's got to be a good gun huh?"
lol, I wrote that off to enthusiasm, kid really wanted to sell a pistol.

HKDoc
09-28-2011, 12:50 PM
They had a hk mr556 there?

Barbarossa
09-28-2011, 1:19 PM
They had a hk mr556 there?

It was like the Saturday after his death. I think it was a Sig of some sort.

NorCalK9.com
09-28-2011, 2:02 PM
Doms is cool.
Ive bought rifles at j&r prices were a little high but good customer service for the most part.
Never buy ammo from them though.

BayAreaShooter
09-28-2011, 2:20 PM
J&R is a great place to do business and they treat there customers with respect. That is exactly why they get 90% of my business when I buy a new gun or do a PPT. They are great people and I highly recommend them.

I cannot say the same about Dom's. I have had many issues with them.

ZX-10R
09-28-2011, 5:21 PM
Dom's son is a close friend of mine. We went to college together. I bought my FNP-9 there and got a killer deal. I have not been to J&R yet. I will be throwing my next purchase at them as long as they can get it for me.

I will always shop at Dom's