PDA

View Full Version : Centerpoint 3-9x40mm with rings for Marlin 795?

call-in
09-28-2011, 11:45 AM
First time buying optics so not sure what to get. This caught my interest http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002E6RATW but I'm not sure if this would mount on the 795. Anyone know?

GJC
09-28-2011, 4:38 PM
Yup, I had that scope on a 795. Worked good, just sitting on the shelf now. I have tech sights on it now. Just be sure to keep those clamps tight, I used a little blue locktite to keep the scope from creeping back.

call-in
09-28-2011, 9:05 PM
Awesome! Thanks for reply.

Anything wrong with the scope, why is it just sitting on the shelf now? Would you recommend a different one?

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

zeus45c
09-28-2011, 10:50 PM
My experience is with the 4-16 magnification....

There is way to break the turrets if you try to make changes while they are locked (or something along those lines as I read about it here). I bought one, worked great for about a day, and then it committed suicide. Up until then, great features for the price although magnification above 11 or 12x was cloudy. Many people have been satisfied in the past. They also offer a lifetime warranty for the original owner.

In addition, the included rings are very high and IIRC, are for a weaver/picatinny rail. You will still require dovetail rings or an adapter. I ended up using a UTG airgun one piece rail that runs about 12.00.

The scope is worth the money for the features if you get a good unit off the bat for your .22.

I would suggest picking it up from Wal Mart to make exchanges/refunds painless. I believe they are a better priced as well.

One last point, the adjustable objective can be used for range finding. Simply adjust until the target is focused then look what setting it is on.

GJC
09-29-2011, 8:54 AM
Awesome! Thanks for reply.

Anything wrong with the scope, why is it just sitting on the shelf now? Would you recommend a different one?

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with it, just don't have anything to put it on. It's been a good scope for my 795. I'll check it tonight, trade ya for some .223 ammo. :)