PDA

View Full Version : Cobb Portable Stainless Steel Grill & Smoker at Woot.com $69.99

Guns R Tools
09-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Woot is selling Cobb Portable Stainless Steel Grill & Smoker for $69.99

9-28-2011

Looks interesting. Don't know much about 'em.

Group 4
09-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Speaking of which...check this out http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=20849

problemchild
09-28-2011, 8:02 AM
Looks like a nice smoker

http://youtu.be/QPJJ1jsuOsQ

joe84780
10-02-2011, 1:51 PM
FYI Guys,

Not very impressed with my first dealings with Cobb. Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware)

I ordered this smoker from Woot and then took advantage of the Woot 50% off accessories coupon code on the Cobb website. I ordered 3 different accessories, all of which showed in stock. 4 days later I get an email from a Cobb customer service rep telling me that 1 of of the 3 items was not in stock and it would be a 6 week ETA. They gave me 2 choices...

1) Do nothing and they would also do nothing. They would hold my 2 in stock items and not ship them until the backordered one arrived. I would have to wait 6 weeks for all of my items even though 2 out of 3 are ready to ship now!

2) I could email them back and tell them to split the order. What that means is they would cancel the not in stock item completely off my order and ship the remaining 2 items immediately. If I wanted the backordered item, I would have to go back onto their website and place an entirely new order for that one item. Resubmit all my credit card info ect... They make no mention of how to handle the 50% off coupon code that is has now since expired nor the additional shipping charges I would incur if I had to place en entirely new order for that one item?

I have an email into them asking them to please address these concerns and I will post back what they tell me. Every other company I've ever dealt with would ship the 2 in stock items immediately and backorder the remaining item automatically and ship it when it becomes available. It appears Cobb doesn't have a problem inconveniencing their customers.

Kanoodler
10-02-2011, 3:41 PM
I found my Cobb 2nd hand. I work on a road crew and the guys and I use it about once a week. We use about 10 Kingsford "self lighting" coals and a half sheet of newspaper. We literally cook on the tailgate of our trucks. The bottom doesn't get hot enough provided there are no flammables nearby.

Caveat that the cooking surface is rather small, but the dome really traps in the heat for some fast cooking. We can also smoke or slow cook by reducing the number of coals and walk away from it for a couple of hours.

Arranged right, we can usually cook 2 med sized tri tip roasts, enough to feed a crew of 5-8 guys. This is a pretty well put together kit at a good price. I paid about $40- used.