PDA

View Full Version : opening week for deer season and i go missing

demi
09-27-2011, 7:12 PM
so this is pretty much the sped op version of the story but as most of you know deer season just opened up. Of course me and my friend are out there and ready to go. We get to our site about a day early do a little scouting see a whole lot of sign and a buck. Next day morning comes and just as the sun is coming up were all ready to get out and hunt.

We all go our separate ways, i follow a dirt road and hunt that, not bad because within 3 hours of the morning i only saw one person on the road and thats good. So i get hungry and head back to camp where i eat an MRE which was delicious, while im eating im told the proper way to hunt.

(keep in mind ive only been hunting for two years and i dont even get out much so this pretty much is the first year im actually trying to get that buck)

I am trying to take in as much informaton as i can and it was all very helpful so i take off my pack which has a spare MRE, two bottles of water, two flares, some peanut butter, two loaded mags, and some other stuff like one of those underarmour thermals. I was told my best bet to find the monster buck was to head over the hill and follow the dried up creek and I do that for a while.
I see a whole lot of fresh sign but no deer and the boom.one shot goes off...bang...bang two more and I think hey thats just where I came from. The noise sounds like it's near the campsite and I get radiod in and a friend asks me how far I am from camp and I tell them about 200yrds, which is what I had roughly thought, so he tells me to get back and drive the 4runner to them and pick them up.
About 20 minutes later they say never mind that they're almost back and I tell them the good because i'm lost and apparently I did not say it clearly enough because they thought I had said,"good because I didn't want to get you anyway"
I'm walking and I start running because I'm allergic to bees, my bright idea was to swat one that was near my face so a whole bunch swarmed me, thankfully I could get away but it had happen twice. Anyway I kept walking and I had been radioed a few times asking my location and I had an idea where I was but I wasnt sure. I know I said a few times I was on the road that leads back to camp, cutting out the part where I walked over a few mountains and ended up about 6 miles away from camp, I was later found by my friend Chris on Blackspring Road off highway4 after a whole lot of chit chat and me mistaking gravel for blacktop

(In my defense if im asked if the road is paved i assume gravel counts)

I was lost for a long while but it was fun. I would have been f'd if was not found because i was wearing bdu's, a shirt, and hi top shoes not even boots. I love going hunting, though I am going to continue to do it and even if i do go missing ill still keep hunting and surviving .
My friend and I were joking about what would have happened to me if he had not found me. I said something along the lines of if he hadnt found me about three days later i would be runing through the mountians with a loin cloth and a sharpened rock unable to speak english or talk to people pretty much like a strait up caveman

cudakidd
09-27-2011, 7:23 PM
Um...punctuation is your friend...

stphnman20
09-27-2011, 7:26 PM
And paragraphs.

demi
09-27-2011, 7:27 PM
I know, I rarely use punctuation, sorry.

demi
09-27-2011, 7:28 PM
and that too. i'm terrible at writing as you can see.

olhunter
09-27-2011, 9:19 PM
and that too. i'm terrible at writing as you can see.

Somehow, even though it read like you were telling it all in one breath, it worked. The story was good.

And glad you're ok.

ivanimal
09-27-2011, 9:28 PM
I spent the night on a rock under a tree once. Not by plan.

TKM
09-27-2011, 9:30 PM
It's like I got hit in the eye with a brick.

No, I say. This will not stand.

Go back and do it right.

Probably typing with his thumbs, mumble mumble... get off my lawn.. pull your pants up, turn your hat around and get a job....

problemchild
09-28-2011, 8:05 AM
In summation..... (sped op <sic> version)

Went hunting
Walked a few yards from camp
Got lost
Continued walking the wrong direction
Unable to describe type of road walking on to rescuers
Friends rescued you despite yourself

or

wenthuntingwalkedafewyardsfromcampgotlostcontinued walkingthewrongdirectionunabletodescribetypeofroad walkingontorescuersfriendsrescuedyoudespiteyoursel f

demi
09-28-2011, 10:15 AM
a little bit easier to read i hope

rodeoflyer
09-28-2011, 4:48 PM
Never a shortage of English majors on the boards......

demi
09-28-2011, 7:30 PM
I can tell and after this i'll think twice about my writing so i don't as much of a lashing.