PDA

View Full Version : Armscor bolt action 22lr rifles?

1nsanity
09-27-2011, 7:09 PM
Anyone know much about Armscor bolt action 22lr rifles? Not sure on the model since was just window shopping, but, just want an overall opinion on their 22lr product line. I saw one on consignment at a local gun shop for a really good price. I know they make solid 1911s and revolvers, which is debatable with some, but don’t know much about any other of their other product lines…

Mail Clerk
09-28-2011, 6:47 AM
Anyone know much about Armscor bolt action 22lr rifles? Not sure on the model since was just window shopping, but, just want an overall opinion on their 22lr product line. I saw one on consignment at a local gun shop for a really good price. I know they make solid 1911s and revolvers, which is debatable with some, but don’t know much about any other of their other product lines…

1nsanity,

Generally speaking Armscore rifles are pretty good overall quality wise in my opinion. Their based on tried and true proven designs that have been around for decades. I have the semi auto version that looks like an AR and it shoots fine as a plinker. It's only draw back is the instruction are poorly printed and so to take it apart for maintenance is risky for me. I'm better off having a smith handle it.

In your case I'd note the model number and head to the rimfire forums.com and do some research on it first. Check the crown of the barrel to make sure it's not dinged in anyway before you decide to buy.

mail Clerk

dangerranger
09-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Ive had three two were great, one was a turd. first was a copy of the M16. it shot fine dirty or clean. it wasnt target grade but it never hung up, and would shoot any brand of ammo just the same. then I found a bolt action sporter. same story. so when I found a copy of the AK I snapped it up. I dont think I ever got a full mag through it without a stoppage. and what bullits did come out of the barrel I had very little control of where they went. I ended up returning it. If I had known a little more about how guns worked back then I may have been able to repair it or at least would have known what not to buy. So 66% of my experiance has beem good. DR

1nsanity
09-28-2011, 4:58 PM
Thanks for the info and heads up. I may just take the gamble since pretty good price. I had already planned on picking up a new Henry Lever action 22lr at the same spot, might as well pick up that Armscor at the same time…

donw
10-02-2011, 9:44 AM
i have an Armscor 20P semi auto that's of seemingly, good quality, but accuracy is not real good; but that may be due to the poor sights on it.

it is not especially easy to disassemble for cleaning as was said earlier, but once you've learned how to, it's not too bad.

as far as the bolt actions are concerned, i would not say "Yea" or "Nay" but if they're the same in quality and performance as the semi-auto, i'd say "mediocre". :shrug:

1nsanity
10-02-2011, 7:28 PM
I ended up passing and decided to go a different route.