PDA

View Full Version : Antelope Valley Press - Article on trash clean-up - RATTLESNAKE ROAD

Jason P
09-27-2011, 4:38 PM
My group was out there this past weekend. We hauled off all sorts of stuff, more work needed. We took 6 truckloads of trash out, but it wasn't even a dent. Anybody interested in joining the members council in the Antelope Valley or getting involved in leadership please contact me:)

See attachment...

Benster
09-27-2011, 5:14 PM
This thread (Rosomond (AV) cleanup) has a group of people that might be willing to help.

jjmat3
09-27-2011, 6:10 PM
Very cool. When is the next trip?

Jason P
09-27-2011, 6:26 PM
not sure yet, we will be discussing it at our next members council meeting, 7-9PM on 10-18-11 at the Boy Scouts of America on 10th Street West in Lancaster:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=boy+scouts+lancaster+ca&fb=1&gl=us&hq=boy+scouts&hnear=0x80c25ab168e88041:0x58c472cf7d0b3e07,Lancas ter,+CA&cid=0,0,13148017004049980840&ei=p4WCTvTGMe_PiAKn3P36DA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQ_BI

jeffsenpai
09-27-2011, 8:24 PM
No offense meant to anyone, but if the guy banned shooting on his land, Then I would not be inclined to clean up anything on the property.

Fate
09-27-2011, 8:41 PM
No offense meant to anyone, but if the guy banned shooting on his land, Then I would not be inclined to clean up anything on the property.
Pretty short sighted, IMO. Goodwill and mending burned bridges will go a long ways to keep other areas open even if the pooch has already been screwed at Rattlesnake Rd. Keep in mind, the one who closed it is the one who can reopen it.

Jason P
09-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Pretty short sighted, IMO. Goodwill and mending burned bridges will go a long ways to keep other areas open even if the pooch has already been screwed at Rattlesnake Rd. Keep in mind, the one who closed it is the one who can reopen it.

^Like^

Decoligny
09-28-2011, 8:51 AM

His Mother's house is on the other side of the hill used as a backstop.

Some idiots decided to use rifles (AK & AR platform) to shoot clay pigeons.

She ended up with multiple rifle rounds coming through the roof of her house.

I have no problem with him banning shooting on HIS PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Jason P
09-28-2011, 12:23 PM

The more I think about this, the more aggravated I become.

This is the problem with certain people in the RKBA movement as well as Americans in general.

Part of the RKBA movement that is so frustrating is that a lot of the work being done could've been avoided. I'm not old enough to have made this mess, but I need to be part of the solution. That means cleaning up after other people. Thank God the CGF/SAF/NRA doesn't have this attitude.

In order to attain freedom and acceptance(which to a degree is needed, whether anyone likes it or not) gun owners are going to have to clean up the wreckage of the past. The same goes for the economy and the health care system and basically every other major problem faced in this country today.

Simply sitting on one's arse and saying, "not my problem, I didn't have anything to do with that" is not going to get it done. Tsk, tsk...

Jason P
09-28-2011, 12:25 PM
His Mother's house is on the other side of the hill used as a backstop.

Some idiots decided to use rifles (AK & AR platform) to shoot clay pigeons.

She ended up with multiple rifle rounds coming through the roof of her house.

I have no problem with him banning shooting on HIS PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Certain people are lucky he only chose to ban shooting out there, instead of returning fire. The world is FULL of stupid...

calmedic
09-28-2011, 7:34 PM
I work out in Rosamond, I've never shot out there, but id be interested in helping with clean up. Id also love to talk to someone about joining the NRA. Figure its time I put my money where my mouth is.

Lost.monkey
09-29-2011, 2:29 PM
I work out in Rosamond, I've never shot out there, but id be interested in helping with clean up. Id also love to talk to someone about joining the NRA. Figure its time I put my money where my mouth is.

I've shot out there a few times, and I try to leave the place cleaner than when I found it.

Time for me to put up or shut up as well, PM coming your way.

Blk04SR
09-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Keep us updated on the next cleanup. If I am able to make it, I will be out there!

Jason P
10-01-2011, 3:53 AM
Will do fellas. Next event (Saturday, 10-22-2011) I'm not sure if we'll back there or off for a shooting/BBQ - but we'll definitely be cleaning again.

Either way, it will be 10-22, so bring your 10/22 and join us! PM me for details on our member's council meeting and next event.

diginit
10-03-2011, 6:30 PM
Jason... KUDOS!

Jason P
10-03-2011, 6:37 PM
Next cleanup will be at our event on 10-22 - We will be trying to secure a permit for bonfire, area is nowhere near as bad, and one good fire the night before camping should take care of most of it. At that point, we can haul out the refuse left over the next day in garbage bags.

If the fire doesn't work out, 4 full-size trucks may do the job. If you are interested in joining us, the location will be off Backus Road and 70th Street East. Some members will be camping and grilling the night before the event, plus that gives us a chance to get everything set up for when the entire group arrives.

We will probably do a night shoot (best way to simulate middle of the night muzzle flash), and see who has the goods at 250 yds with their .22:)

Jason P
10-03-2011, 6:37 PM
Dupe, BTW, we are also going to have a quick-draw competition:)

seerkite
10-03-2011, 6:43 PM
Sounds like something exciting for the first time since I got stationed here!

cannon
10-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I never have shot there but I do live in the Valley and am a NRA lifer. So I may as well get off my but and get involved.

Jason P
10-04-2011, 12:17 PM
PM'ed you:)

Thomas1190
10-07-2011, 5:05 PM
Im interested in the cleanup as well. I live in Palmdale and used to shoot all the time out there until the owner closed it up.

diginit
10-07-2011, 9:55 PM
Dupe, BTW, we are also going to have a quick-draw competition:)

Sounds like fun but I'm too far away...:mad: I would enjoy the QD Comp. Either with SA's or Semi's... But I will clean up our local spots. Get a fire permit from BLM. Don't say Bonfire. Open fire is the correct term. Just so you know and BLM doesn't think flames are going to reach 15 Ft...

dr_communist
10-07-2011, 10:05 PM
used to shoot at rattlesnake road, it got closed so now i go to another spot i thought not many people knew of. my new spot is now trashed, ( i pick up my trash but other people leave theirs.) all i have is a car so i cant pick anything big up.

Jason P
10-07-2011, 10:37 PM
used to shoot at rattlesnake road, it got closed so now i go to another spot i thought not many people knew of. my new spot is now trashed, ( i pick up my trash but other people leave theirs.) all i have is a car so i cant pick anything big up.

You can help bag and load:)

Jason P
10-08-2011, 1:00 AM
Sounds like fun but I'm too far away...:mad: I would enjoy the QD Comp. Either with SA's or Semi's... But I will clean up our local spots. Get a fire permit from BLM. Don't say Bonfire. Open fire is the correct term. Just so you know and BLM doesn't think flames are going to reach 15 Ft...

I only know about our open fire, what is this bonfire you speak of? :cool2:

thanks for the heads up

santamonica9
10-09-2011, 1:08 PM

:iagree:

its so sad that a few lazy inconsiderate people ruin it for everyone else. Good job to the Antelope Valley NRA for taking the responsibility to help clean up.

I don't understand what those shooters where thinking trying to shoot thrown clays with AK's :facepalm: The attitude of I didnt do it so I dont care only translates to your own selfishness. It is that same mentality that the anti-guners love to hear and eventually we get "No Rec. Shooting" allowed in more areas. end rant