PDA

View Full Version : Colt 1911 and Advantage Arms 22lr conversion kit opinions

1nickatnite1
09-27-2011, 8:21 AM
Hi Guys,

I just recently purchased a colt series 70 reissue and I'm trying to get a 22 conversion kit for cheap practice and plinking. There's a lot of choices out there but the advantage arms kit has all the features I'm looking for. I want to hear from the nice folks here regarding personal experiences with these kits (with a colt would be best) and share how they perform and are there any fit issues. One other thing is can someone explain to me the difference between the standard kit and the target kit? The specs read the same to me.

Thanks!
Nick

1nickatnite1
09-28-2011, 7:33 AM
Anyone?

Matt P
09-28-2011, 9:41 AM
With the Advantage Arms series it may only be Sights.
One has target or adjustable sights, the other would be fixed. That was how it worked with the Glock series.
I have a Colt conversion in .22 with the floating chamber. I had it built into a dedicated .22 1911. The shortcomings of it would be just that, the sights. My gunsmith narrowed the front for me, I should have had the front removed and dovetailed along with the rear changed.
So, since we use the sights sooo much, insure which ever one you choose, has the style you like.
For accuracy, the Marvel series are very highly regarded.
In fact Nighthawk custom is now building dedicated 22s with Bob Marvel brand.

That would very likely be my next conversion.

evol ways
09-28-2011, 1:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I just recently purchased a colt series 70 reissue and I'm trying to get a 22 conversion kit for cheap practice and plinking. There's a lot of choices out there but the advantage arms kit has all the features I'm looking for. I want to hear from the nice folks here regarding personal experiences with these kits (with a colt would be best) and share how they perform and are there any fit issues. One other thing is can someone explain to me the difference between the standard kit and the target kit? The specs read the same to me.

Thanks!
Nick

Don't mean to get off topic but where u get the reissue? I'm looking for one as well.

Ricky-Ray
09-28-2011, 2:17 PM
I use the Kimber conversion kit on my SA 1911 and works just fine. A little over 2,000 rounds thru it so far and no major issues. A few FTE and FTF but I think that was due to ammo as I was using the Remington bulk pack and that ammo always gives me issues regardless of the 22 firearm I'm using.