PDA

View Full Version : Angle Forward Grip.

WOLFPACK117
09-26-2011, 7:44 PM
Is this part consider an Evil feature on M1A?

Fate
09-26-2011, 8:28 PM
Won't be known for certain until it gets litigated, but there are lots of reasons to think it would be considered an "evil feature." I've posted about them ad nauseum.

djleisure
09-26-2011, 9:17 PM
The safe bet is not to use one on a featureless (M1A, et al.) The $10,000+ bet is to go for it.

MrPlink
09-27-2011, 1:03 AM
The safe bet is not to use one on a featureless (M1A, et al.) The $10,000+ bet is to go for it.

look at it this way, if you end up in court and win, you will be a hero in these parts!

You wanna be famous, right? :43:

Anchors
09-27-2011, 1:23 AM
It has been very hotly debated here. Some people are comfortable with it and some people aren't.
Since it isn't likely that the DOJ will give us a straight answer unless it becomes part of a court case, the only 100% answer is that no one knows for sure.

Side-note:
All I can say personally on the AFG: I am considering replacing the normal forward grip on my mag-locked rifle with it because it just feels nicer in my hands.
The angle feels more natural to the hand (for me). They're pretty nice.

MrPlink
09-27-2011, 2:05 AM
It has been very hotly debated here. Some people are comfortable with it and some people aren't.
Since it isn't likely that the DOJ will give us a straight answer unless it becomes part of a court case, the only 100% answer is that no one knows for sure.

Side-note:
All I can say personally on the AFG: I am considering replacing the normal forward grip on my mag-locked rifle with it because it just feels nicer in my hands.
The angle feels more natural to the hand (for me). They're pretty nice.

+1 on everything.

Ive been using them on numerous platforms for a while now. Def works best on the AR platform (for which it was intended) esp if you wanna do thumb over bore.
Works fairly well on my SCAR, but a little trickier since the scar stands a bit taller than a standard AR.
Even had one on an AK once, worked so so, not much different than a VFG really.
Its been a long time since I used a VFG on any of my rifles, and I tossed one on a week ago just to change things up, and figured it would take some getting used to (esp since it took a little while to really warm up to the AFG)
and I just dont think its cutting it for me. I will probably switch back to the AFG (as soon as I can remember where I put it!)