PDA

View Full Version : G19 slide lock back problems

quagmiles
09-26-2011, 5:04 PM
Recently I switched out the stock slide stop/release with a factory extended one and put in a ghost 3.5 trigger connector bar on a gen 3 glock 19. Today I took it to the range and had nothing but problems. The slide would lock back after almost every round fired. I would have to sling shot it to chamber a round 7 out of 10 times per mag. When I got home I switched back to the stock release to no avail. In fact now the slide locks back every time and can no longer be slingshoted. The only way to release the slide is to use the slide release lever.
I know I'm a lousy gunsmith but I can't seem to find how I messed up in swaping the slide release. Or is it the new trigger connector? That seems really unlikely but right now I'd beleve anything

Oceanbob
09-26-2011, 5:28 PM
Simple fix.

You put the top pin in last (mistake) . Remove the magazine; clear the weapon; remove the slide.

Push out the top pin. Push out the bottom pin. To get the bottom pin out you sometimes have to move the slide lever fore and aft a little bit. This moves it out of the grove in the bottom pin.

Now with both pins out and the slide release lever out, install the top pin.

Now push the slide release lever into place;line up the holes; notice how the spring goes UNDER the top pin.....now shove the bottom pin thru the hole to flush.

Reinstall the slide and have a beer. :cool2:

Be well
Bob

HighLander51
09-26-2011, 5:38 PM
Simple fix. notice how the spring goes UNDER the top pin.....now shove the bottom pin thru the hole to flush.

Be well
Bob

I did that once, only once....

quagmiles
09-26-2011, 5:56 PM
[QUOTE=Oceanbob;7220811]Simple fix.

You put the top pin in last (mistake) . Remove the magazine; clear the weapon; remove the slide.

Push out the top pin. Push out the bottom pin. To get the bottom pin out you sometimes have to move the slide lever fore and aft a little bit. This moves it out of the grove in the bottom pin.

Now with both pins out and the slide release lever out, install the top pin.

Now push the slide release lever into place;line up the holes; notice how the spring goes UNDER the top pin.....now shove the bottom pin thru the hole to flush.

Ha Ha Problem fixed. Bob I could kiss you, and coming from a San Franciscan thats a big complement.

Oceanbob
09-26-2011, 5:59 PM
[QUOTE=Oceanbob;7220811]Reinstall the slide and have a beer. :cool2:
Ha Ha Problem fixed. Bob I could kiss you, and coming from a San Franciscan thats a big complement.

Hey...I prefer CASH.!...LOL

You're welcome.

Be well, Bob

HighLander51
09-26-2011, 7:05 PM
[QUOTE=quagmiles; Bob I could kiss you, and coming from a San Franciscan thats a big complement.[/QUOTE]

Stop it!

supersonic
09-26-2011, 7:21 PM
Recently I switched out the stock slide stop/release with a factory extended one and put in a ghost 3.5 trigger connector bar on a gen 3 glock 19. Today I took it to the range and had nothing but problems. The slide would lock back after almost every round fired. I would have to sling shot it to chamber a round 7 out of 10 times per mag. When I got home I switched back to the stock release to no avail. In fact now the slide locks back every time and can no longer be slingshoted. The only way to release the slide is to use the slide release lever.
I know I'm a lousy gunsmith but I can't seem to find how I messed up in swaping the slide release. Or is it the new trigger connector? That seems really unlikely but right now I'd beleve anything

You very likely have a slide lock spring that is either pinched/caught up or installed incorrectly. The rear leg of the spring MUST be under the locking block pin. Fix that, and your problems will be solved!:thumbsup:

Mr310
09-26-2011, 7:24 PM
OP, your avatar picture creeps me out! Best of luck, though!

Lumpia is sarap!
09-26-2011, 7:42 PM
Bromance.

Fishslayer
09-26-2011, 9:23 PM
OP, your avatar picture creeps me out! Best of luck, though!

It's a San Francisco thang. Back off. He's puttin' a move on Oceanbob. Don't be a c'blocker. :D

626Tony
09-26-2011, 10:24 PM
now now guys keep it civil hes looking for help

CK_32
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
I did that once, only once....

:rofl2: my and my uncle and cousin were just talking and quoting that from that movie all day Saturday lol

locosway
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Damn you Bob, always beating me to the Glock threads!

So, when are we gonna have that beer?

Oceanbob
09-27-2011, 6:20 AM
Damn you Bob, always beating me to the Glock threads!

So, when are we gonna have that beer?

Anytime..!

:)
Bob