View Full Version : Handgun purchase question

09-26-2011, 2:02 PM

09-26-2011, 3:08 PM
He needs a car registration with the new address, that and his DL should be good enough, was for me.

09-26-2011, 3:12 PM
My DL had my old address. I used my electric bill and refuse bill which listed my new address.

09-26-2011, 3:17 PM
DMV should have also gave him a brown paper or some small paper with date stamped and his new address should be on that.

I guess the only way to find out is to call ask a FFL.

I usually use my DL and car reg.

09-26-2011, 3:26 PM
The dmv reg with current address will satisfy both the change of address needed from invalid address on drivers license, and second proof of residency.

09-26-2011, 5:03 PM
While he was over at DMV anyway he should have bought a California ID Card.. (same number as his DL)..with the NEW ADDRESS on it.

About $14 bucks I think.

09-26-2011, 5:36 PM
Ask your FFL. I moved and used a voter registration confirmation to validate my changed address, and a recent utility bill to verify residency. All OK.

09-26-2011, 7:42 PM
Hey, I'm going through the same thing and as far as I can tell they should have given him a form DL 43 (change of address certificate) to carry with his drivers license. Now the problem I'm having is that the DL 43 isn't actually part of the driver's license so I'm not sure if it will work :/

09-26-2011, 7:50 PM
me too..i moved about a year ago. DL has not expired, therefore i have one of those brown card. The brown card will not work. I brought the Vehicle Registration Renewal notice and that worked, as long as the DL is not expired.

09-26-2011, 7:51 PM
ARRRRGH it doesn't?? What if you don't have a vehicle :(

09-26-2011, 7:58 PM
ARRRRGH it doesn't?? What if you don't have a vehicle :(

use one of these...(i.e. current utility bill—NO cell phone bills—lease/rental agreement, property tax bill or vehicle registration). And dont forget the HSC card.

09-26-2011, 8:56 PM
Thanks a lot sunday :)

09-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Just have 'YOUR FRIEND' wait for all the proper needed I.D comes in.What's a few more weeks??

09-26-2011, 10:30 PM
You can use your deed to the house if "your friend" owns the house

09-27-2011, 8:50 AM
Yees bootless. All you need is the reg. That takes car of the incorrect address on the id n works as second proof or residency. Ive done this myself many times because i dont want to go to the dmv n spend more money.

09-27-2011, 9:10 AM
You just need something printed by a gov't agency if your ID does not match your current address. Car reg, edd statement, deed, voter registration, social security statement ect. I just went through this. That is in addition to a utility bill to establish residency.

See PDF from a FFL (http://targetmasterswest.com/uploads/Validating_Your_Id.pdf)

09-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Proof of insurance doesn't count as 2nd proof of residency?