PDA

View Full Version : Best handgun rental range in San Diego ?

DVIII
09-26-2011, 1:32 PM
I think of iron sights. Any recommended places or is that the best place?

Corbin Dallas
09-26-2011, 2:46 PM
Biggest selection in the county.

mikaarce
09-26-2011, 3:03 PM
+1 for Iron sights

RazzB7
09-26-2011, 3:03 PM
Iron Sights FTW

DVIII
09-26-2011, 9:49 PM
Thanks!

NoJoke
09-27-2011, 6:00 AM
Their lanes (ironsights) are crooked cuz I wasn't hitting ceter. Other than that, yep, they're good!

Fishslayer
09-27-2011, 9:52 AM
I'm sure they're fine except they're in Oceanside...:rolleyes:

hoss_hk
09-27-2011, 7:54 PM
Just a cool establishment in general- decent prices on guns, they allow OPPC to run "fun" matches Thursday nights and IDPA the last Sun of the month, and I was able to do a zero hassle PPT there one busy Saturday afternoon. Where else can you rent a G20 and a Wilson CQB in San Diego?

Ursus100
09-27-2011, 9:26 PM
For something more central than Oceanside, Discount Gun Mart is inexpensive. I've always shot my own, but glancing at the rental guns under the counter, they seem to have a decent selection of guns.

DVIII
09-27-2011, 11:05 PM
For something more central than Oceanside, Discount Gun Mart is inexpensive. I've always shot my own, but glancing at the rental guns under the counter, they seem to have a decent selection of guns.

Ugh. I have been there. Didn't like the way the employees treated customers... including us.

marsd
09-28-2011, 3:55 AM
Check out P2K El Cajon. Good people to deal with. www.p2krange.com

davbog44
09-28-2011, 5:24 AM
Another big +1 for Iron Sights. I don't even live in San Diego County and yet consider them to be my LGS.

Ugh. I have been there. Didn't like the way the employees treated customers... including us.

That surprises me. I have been going there for years and in my experience the way I get treated there is one of the reasons I am willing to make the drive. I have never had anything other than great personal service there.

I do know when it gets busy they are stretched, but over the years I have come to consider Chris and Natalie my friends. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

sevensix2x51
09-28-2011, 6:45 AM
P2k has a pretty wide selection of rentals, and I enjoy shooting there. The folks at dgm santee are pretty good as well from my experience, I will shoot there if I don't have time to drive to p2k. The rental selection is limited at dgm, but they all look pretty new. Oside is out of the question for me, just too far to drive.

LooseCannon
09-28-2011, 8:09 AM
I haven't rented at P2K, but I really like the selection of range types, events and people, plus they seem to have the best ammo selection on hand so I keep going back. Iron Sights as awesome but I only get up there every couple months.

Bullwinkle
09-28-2011, 8:50 AM
Iron Sights hands down for rentals, and overall shooting experience.

I've never considered DGM to have a "large" selection of rentals. American Shooting Center's selection is much larger.

+1 for having good experiences at DGM as far as their shooting range is concerned. It's tiny, small, & dank with not the best equipment in the world (the shooting range equivalent of a dive bar), but it's nice. The lanes certainly fill up quickly, so it must have something going for it, eh? Biggest problem is getting help when you're leaving; if there's nobody already behind the counter and the sales area is busy, it can take awhile for someone to free up and return your driver's license to you. Or if you have a problem on the range that requires a staff member's attention under the same circumstances.

I keep hearing good things about P2K, and there's a fellow CalGunner buddy who keeps trying to get me to go there. It's about as convenient for me as Oceanside (well maybe not that bad). I'll have to get there someday.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone (non LE) ever shot at the SDPD range when it's open to the public? What's the 900fps muzzle velocity restriction all about? Do they have any rentals?

Fishslayer
09-28-2011, 9:21 PM
Check out P2K El Cajon. Good people to deal with. www.p2krange.com

Ditto. Not sure how many rentals they have but the staff is great.

How long has that place been there? I knew of a Discount Guns in Santee some time back but they didn't have a range. Only gun shop I've ever been to that didn't allow my dog inside.:mad:

I haven't rented at P2K, but I really like the selection of range types, events and people, plus they seem to have the best ammo selection on hand so I keep going back.

They even had .303 Brit & milsurp 7.62x54R. Ammo they got fer sher.

I've never considered DGM to have a "large" selection of rentals. American Shooting Center's selection is much larger.

They do have a load of rental guns.