View Full Version : Gunsmith in Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Hollister area

09-25-2011, 11:19 PM
I need a smith to look at a new revolver. I have had good luck with my firearms thus far, so I don't know of any smiths in my area. A quick internet search provided no results. I can get to the San Jose area, but would rather not.

The firearms is a Taurus revolver 44SS6.

Thanks for any advice.

Santa Cruz Armory
09-25-2011, 11:26 PM
If you want to make a little trip to Watsonville/ Aptos Our GS can help you out.

PM me for info.

09-26-2011, 12:22 AM
A problem with a Taurus; go figure!

Probably cheaper to send it in to Taurus.

09-26-2011, 7:38 PM
Taurus was willing to send me a prepaid mailer, so it would not have cost me a dime to have it fixed. It would have cost Taurus about $100 for shipping both ways. They said that they would send me any parts a smith would need if I went that route. Maybe I am soft, but I feel that they shouldn't have to pay that much to fix a $10 problem. I know Taurus is responsible for the problem, but I can't in good conscience have them pay that much to fix a small issue if there are other alternatives. It is good to know that there is a company out there with a transferable lifetime warranty.

If I can't find a smith nearby, or the problem will be too expensive to handle, then I will send it in to Taurus.