PDA

View Full Version : Fun Day @ The Range w/ AR15s

tacticalcity
09-25-2011, 7:07 PM
Spent a couple hours at the range today.

My M4 is perfectly sighted in. I was worried because I had removed the EoTech XPS 2.0 sight inbetween my last shooting session. But it was dead on.

Finally got around to sighting in my backup AR. But I spent so much time on the M4 that I ran out of time. Took my target home that was two high and one and half too far too the right. Used it to dial in some adjustments at home. Next weekend I will verify the changes were correct and have me dialed in.

Didn't have time to work with my handguns. Guess I'll have to save that for next weekend as well.

Met some very nice people on the range today. All in all a great day.

Anybody else hit the range this weekend?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh183/tacticalcity/My%20AR-15s/Collection_9-23-11.jpg

kemikalembalance
09-25-2011, 7:18 PM
sighted in a couple of changes, but forgot to fill the ammo can:facepalm: so it was a short day

NYY
09-25-2011, 7:32 PM
yeah hit up Laguna Seca range with my AR15 and Romy G. Was hittin the 300 yard gong up on a hill. LOVE that pfft/crack noise when the AR hits it. pretty fun. Both rifles were adjusted to 50 yards so we had to compensate (quite a lot for the RomyG) in order to hit it.. used dirt fly up for sight adjustment :D always the best

NYY
09-25-2011, 7:38 PM
Spent a couple hours at the range today.

My M4 is perfectly sighted in. I was worried because I had removed the EoTech XPS 2.0 sight inbetween my last shooting session. But it was dead on.

Finally got around to sighting in my backup AR. But I spent so much time on the M4 that I ran out of time. Took my target home that was two high and one and half too far too the right. Used it to dial in some adjustments at home. Next weekend I will verify the changes were correct and have me dialed in.

Didn't have time to work with my handguns. Guess I'll have to save that for next weekend as well.

Met some very nice people on the range today. All in all a great day.

Anybody else hit the range this weekend?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh183/tacticalcity/My%20AR-15s/Collection_9-23-11.jpg

also i noticed you have the Magpul grips. Does it ever irritate your middle finger at the knuckle, usually when standing and shooting? Just curious. Does with me

repr patriot
09-25-2011, 7:44 PM
Yeah, it was a nice day out at Sac Valley. Broke in my girls break barrel .410 single shot and popped off about 50- .45ACP from the Kimber. :)

evidens83
09-25-2011, 7:45 PM
Aww man I thought you were gonna post range pics instead of the same ol same ol ;)

Sanman023
09-25-2011, 7:52 PM
wanted to but took my wife and daughter to the movies instead...next time any sac calgunners go...hit me up...

tomd1584
09-25-2011, 9:51 PM
also i noticed you have the Magpul grips. Does it ever irritate your middle finger at the knuckle, usually when standing and shooting? Just curious. Does with me

get a better trigger guard that fills the 'gap', or stick an earplug in there if you're using the factory one.

NYY
09-25-2011, 10:18 PM
get a better trigger guard that fills the 'gap', or stick an earplug in there if you're using the factory one.

ohh is that the fix? Okay cool i will definitely look into that. gets quite annoying

jimz68
09-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Spent the morning at Chabot, where we were treated to a bit of rain.
This was my third time out at 100 yds. with my Franklin Armory AR.
The stray on top was a flinch when the guy next to me let off his 7mm Mag.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/jimz68/targ1-1.jpg

Good Times!

Jim

esskay
09-25-2011, 11:32 PM
ohh is that the fix? Okay cool i will definitely look into that. gets quite annoying

Tangodown grip + magpul trigger guard = very comfy

TD grip has a small protrusion in front to cover the gap, and the magpul trigger guard is nicely contoured and smooth.

operator13
09-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Tangodown grip + magpul trigger guard = very comfy

TD grip has a small protrusion in front to cover the gap, and the magpul trigger guard is nicely contoured and smooth.

+1 perfect combo

esskay
09-26-2011, 9:57 AM
Should add that I ride high on the gun with my grip so my other fingers kinda bunch up underneath the trigger guard, and the TD grip + magpul trigger guard work well for this.

HK Dave
09-26-2011, 10:00 AM
:useless:

tacticalcity
09-26-2011, 10:16 AM
+1 perfect combo

For me the TangoDowns cause the center of my hands to cramp. Kind of like the insole of your foot would hurt from wearing shoes without an arch support. The Magpul grips and Magpul trigger guard combination works well for me. At least, better than anything else I've tried.

tacticalcity
09-26-2011, 10:18 AM
:useless:

Didn't take any this trip. It was just me, and I am usually the guy behind the camera not the guy/gal in front of it.

There was an EXTREMELY attractive young woman shooting next to me on the range this weekend. Sadly she was with her husband. Nice guy. Good for him.

My M4 target was looking pretty. Nice tight group. Wasn't trying for superb accuracy. Just making sure it was sighted in, and it was. After that I just wanted to have a little fun with it. This particular range is bench rest only, so there was only so much I could do.

My Recon target was great, aside from the tight group being up and to the right. Like I said, no time to make adjustments on the range that day as they closed early. Will have to find out next week if the adjustments I made were correct or not.

Ubermcoupe
09-26-2011, 10:32 AM
sighted in a couple of changes, but forgot to fill the ammo can:facepalm: so it was a short day

Last time I took my AR out same thing.
Picked up about 160rds, thought I threw 100 reloads in the can too, got to the range and went "DAnnnggg itttt" :( O well more for next time I guess? :)