that could help me out or let me know where
to pick up the parts that I need is my first ruger
and new to them.
I read that their is a bushing that needs to be replace
is their a local gun shop that may have it
thanks

bh6300
09-25-2011, 5:42 PM
Search the youtube, they have bunch videos on how to and it looks really easy.

You can buy bushing or use washers. I'm going to use washer on mine when I pick-up on Thursday.

Going to upgrade bushing, trigger and sear after I break in the gun.

Here is link to more info, others been talking about their 22/45.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=476519

There is link to site with more info on 22/45 in that thread.

Domingo
09-25-2011, 5:55 PM
Wich kind of washers

psango
09-25-2011, 6:20 PM
If you can't find a mark II, modifying the Mark III is worth the trouble

It's easy to buy replacement bushing, or hammer and bushing and remove magazine disconnect.. Quick install, I took out the ILS also but left the loaded chamber indicator.

Check the Ruger forums. lots of information on line. I found it much easier to buy the parts and install them, rather than mess around with making my own with the washers.

I prefer my Mark III with all that garbage removed. It's much more fun to shoot. It has improved trigger pull, less pre-travel, no more fighting with the magazines.

Donny1
09-26-2011, 9:11 AM
Here is a heads up for you. I originally made the washers from one of the tutorials and it worked great. I ordered the MKII bushing anyway because I thought it would be better in the long run to do it that way. What I discovered when I went to take out the washers I made and put in the MKII bushing is that the new bushing only rides on a small area of the hammer, it works but does not make contact all the way around. I found that using only the MKII bushing there was some side play and the trigger was not as crisp. Using one of the washers I made (the notched one that goes against the hammer) and the MKII bushing makes full contact and improves the trigger. Works perfect now.

I also disabled the LCI by taking the little tab and spring out of it, leaving the LCI bar in place (no need to buy a filler piece). I also made my own trigger stops, put in a VQ sear and rounded the mag's rear feed lips. All things you will end up doing. :D

And after all that you will never complain about how hard it is to work on because you will be an expert and be able to strip it and put it back together in 3 minutes or less. :D

psango
09-28-2011, 8:38 PM
Here is a heads up for you. I originally made the washers from one of the tutorials and it worked great. I ordered the MKII bushing anyway because I thought it would be better in the long run to do it that way. What I discovered when I went to take out the washers I made and put in the MKII bushing is that the new bushing only rides on a small area of the hammer, it works but does not make contact all the way around. I found that using only the MKII bushing there was some side play and the trigger was not as crisp. Using one of the washers I made (the notched one that goes against the hammer) and the MKII bushing makes full contact and improves the trigger. Works perfect now.

I also disabled the LCI by taking the little tab and spring out of it, leaving the LCI bar in place (no need to buy a filler piece). I also made my own trigger stops, put in a VQ sear and rounded the mag's rear feed lips. All things you will end up doing. :D

And after all that you will never complain about how hard it is to work on because you will be an expert and be able to strip it and put it back together in 3 minutes or less. :D

I bet after all that you can take it apart and put back together blindfolded.

Domingo
09-28-2011, 9:53 PM
I just got done with the mag release not dificult at all
about $2 in washers and it drops the mags free also loading
the mag feels much easy i did not touch the LCI. Today I ran about
250 rounds not a single problem I used some cheap stuff (PMC Sidewinder)
(wally federal bulk) and some (Blazer).