View Full Version : my first ar!

09-25-2011, 4:25 AM
Was sold yesturday :/ I hadn't shot or seen it in about 4 months. I went to pick it up at a friends house so I could clean it. And I felt attached since it was my first build. I got some good money for though, 700 cold hard dollars. It was a delton inc 14.5 M4gery all magpul moe'd out with 4 mags and some blackhills match ammo.
Btw I live in ga so all that was needed was a bill of sale and I hadn't seen my rifle in months because I live in the barracks and kept it at a friends house.

So now onto my newest build. I have a stag lower that I'm buying a daniel defense or spikes tactical lpk today putting an a1 butt stock. Still don't know if I wanna go featureless on this build. A kydex grip wrap isn't so bad but I have no hi caps that I feel would make it worth it. Any suggestions for my new rifle? :)

Metal Magic
09-25-2011, 7:11 AM
Spikes Tactical Enhanced Lower parts kit all the way . . .

09-25-2011, 7:16 AM
If you live in Georgia, why do you need to worry about doing a fetureless build or what not. Cant you just build an AR to your hearts content out there?

09-25-2011, 7:46 AM
I get outta the army super soon and will be back in cali within 2 weeks. And hmm ill ask about that at the gun shop, I'm headin there in 20 min, just waiting for it to open. And yea my hearts content about just building an ar? Hah! I've bought way cooler stuff out here, my walther p99 with 3 STANDARD capacity 15 rounders my 2 ak's. And guess what? Only a 10 minute wait once I pay lol. God imma miss these laws :/ oh well so cal weather is sooo worth it

09-25-2011, 8:00 AM
That sucks. Check out bravo company.

I sold my first and only upper 2 weeks ago for a glock. I'm still waiting on my new upper to replace her so I feel tour pain.

09-25-2011, 8:03 AM
Congrats! Its only the beginning!

09-25-2011, 11:25 AM
They didn't have the enhanced lower kit just the standard spikes, I can feel the difference already between the delton kit. I installed both roll pins just using a gerber and my hardwood dresser haha. Came out perfect. Changed the standard grip for the green ergo grip. I love it, carried it all through iraq. So now I just need an a1 stock spring and buffer and the lower is complete.